Schiit Fire and Save Matches! Bifrost Multibit is Here.
Oct 15, 2015 at 2:04 PM Post #601 of 2,799
Oct 15, 2015 at 2:06 PM Post #602 of 2,799
I contacted them via the help & support on the website couple hours back
Waiting for a reply... but it seems sooooo long

Oct 15, 2015 at 2:40 PM Post #604 of 2,799
  Has there been any discussion about burn in with multi bit  ?

Back up in the thread there are some mentions about letting it warm up for an hour. Some folks promised to get back after running for day or two but never did.  

In my "We have received your bifrost" email. It states, "Now, give us a couple of days to do the work, test the result, and burn it in."   ... which I assume means they are doing it at the facility.   So an hour warm up may be sufficient...

Would love to hear others experiences. 

Oct 15, 2015 at 2:51 PM Post #606 of 2,799
  A couple hours and you're fine.  Mine's been on for a couple days and sounds same as 3-4 hours warmed up.

Yep, same results here....just thought I would share Baldr's post from earlier in the thread...

"Just as all of the old Theta stuff was upgradable, so continues the Bifrost which will be 5 years old next year and far from obsolete.  Bimby warmup for a new unit seems to be 4 hours for 99%.  The sound is the megacombo burrito filter and the best 16 bit DACs ever adapted to audio.  Enjoy!"

Oct 15, 2015 at 3:00 PM Post #607 of 2,799
Received the Bimby today !

but no way to install the USB driver : I'm stuck with a "Please connect the CMEDIA USB2.0 Audio Device" message....

tried Bimby ON/OFF, different (working) short cables, with or without a hub (regen), on different ports, before/after reboot, different computers and OS (XP & 7) nothing seems to work :frowning2:

contacted Schiit earlier (4 hours ago) and no reply yet.... aaaargh, super frustrating!
I've read that some experienced difficult install with Win7 (I run Ultimate sp1) but neither forums tricks worked.

Any idea? (other than DOA Bimby)

Does it show up in the Device manager with a yellow triangle? I played around last night with drivers and what a mess they are with Win10.

I will also mention that the 1.03 driver worked best for me.

Oct 15, 2015 at 4:42 PM Post #608 of 2,799
  Bimby ordered, it will be compared to upgraded Havana, it will have to perform well in order to unseat havana

and now the anticipation of waiting on fedex 
frown.gif

My exact same thought regarding my Paradisea 3 -- the Uber Bifrost has been sitting unused since the P3 arrived.

The MultiBimboFrost has been warming up all morning, and now I'm listenng to a few of the tracks I use to compare gear on the P3 and will switch to the Schiit sortly.  Stay tuned!

-Eric

Oct 15, 2015 at 4:50 PM Post #609 of 2,799
Does it show up in the Device manager with a yellow triangle? I played around last night with drivers and what a mess they are with Win10.

I will also mention that the 1.03 driver worked best for me.

Yup, it does.

Meanwhile I succeeded in locking me up from win7 by disabling the auto install of drivers and then mistakingly uninstalling the USB dongle from my bluetooth keyboard and mouse. Can't  even access a USB wired or PS/2 mouse now (as it still needs some driver installing apparently)

Onwards with finding how to resolve this new schiit....
Well, damn I guess, but dualboot FTW! :D

Oct 15, 2015 at 5:46 PM Post #611 of 2,799
On my way to solve the mess (always nice to learn new tricks, eh)

Also already tried the 'manual' driver update. Guess what happened :/

Anyway, thanks for your support guys :)

Oct 15, 2015 at 10:11 PM Post #614 of 2,799
So where can I find actual writeups/reviews of how this sounds, guys? :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back