Schiit Fire and Save Matches! Bifrost Multibit is Here.
Dec 9, 2015 at 8:23 PM Post #1,262 of 2,799
Excellent service from Schiit, my unit was still buzzing between sampling rates/bit depth after 200hrs and I received shipping information as well as labels to send them back to Schiit with an on-the-fly exchange unit. First you'll hear me say I'm very happy with their Schiit service!

*well actually it's the first I've had to deal with the customer service and it's great.

Dec 9, 2015 at 9:46 PM Post #1,263 of 2,799
Excellent service from Schiit, my unit was still buzzing between sampling rates/bit depth after 200hrs and I received shipping information as well as labels to send them back to Schiit with an on-the-fly exchange unit. First you'll hear me say I'm very happy with their Schiit service!

*well actually it's the first I've had to deal with the customer service and it's great.

Wish I got the same treatment. I was out of a DAC for half a week, but all is well now.

Dec 10, 2015 at 12:11 AM Post #1,264 of 2,799

My experience with their customer service was the same.  It was a pleasure to work with them.

Dec 12, 2015 at 3:14 PM Post #1,265 of 2,799
Something odd here, got my new Bimby in yesterday and off the old one went days before. I tried plugging in the Bimby to the exact same computer/usb port the first Bimby had no issues being recognized and accepting drivers but the computer doesn't recognize this Bimby and says usb device not recognized. I downloaded the 1.0 driver to try over the installed 1.16 but that didn't work either.

Any suggestions? I tried rebooting. Tried going into safe mode to remove old drivers. Tried a different usb port.

One oddity was uninstalling drivers, rebooting with the Bimby unplugged, trying to install the drivers and it says plug in cmedia device. I plug in the Bimby and hit ok but the same error happens; plug in cmedia device. Finally when it completely errors out of the install because it doesn't see the cmedia device, the usb is detected by Windows but unsuccessfully installs the drivers (on its own). This pc is not on the internet

Dec 12, 2015 at 11:45 PM Post #1,266 of 2,799
Something odd here, got my new Bimby in yesterday and off the old one went days before. I tried plugging in the Bimby to the exact same computer/usb port the first Bimby had no issues being recognized and accepting drivers but the computer doesn't recognize this Bimby and says usb device not recognized. I downloaded the 1.0 driver to try over the installed 1.16 but that didn't work either.

Any suggestions? I tried rebooting. Tried going into safe mode to remove old drivers. Tried a different usb port.

One oddity was uninstalling drivers, rebooting with the Bimby unplugged, trying to install the drivers and it says plug in cmedia device. I plug in the Bimby and hit ok but the same error happens; plug in cmedia device. Finally when it completely errors out of the install because it doesn't see the cmedia device, the usb is detected by Windows but unsuccessfully installs the drivers (on its own). This pc is not on the internet

Stories like this make me happy I have a mac. 

Dec 13, 2015 at 12:00 AM Post #1,267 of 2,799
I refuse to join the cult. I tried it on my other computer with connection and it picked it up no problem as Schiit usb gen 2(so usb works). The offline computer has the gustard u12 which i much prefer over the biFrost usb implementation, treble is more natural with less edge and better instrument spacing .

Dec 13, 2015 at 9:42 AM Post #1,270 of 2,799
So these problems are only with Windows then?

Funny you say that...
Just this minute been experimenting with linux (Daphile) on a netbook and had that issue where you get the "mosquito farts" when the bit rate changes.
Never had that with windows 10.

Dec 13, 2015 at 4:23 PM Post #1,271 of 2,799
My only takeaway from this is the new unit i received has a different usb chip than the older c- media unit I sent back, is this logic correct?
I refuse to join the cult. I tried it on my other computer with connection and it picked it up no problem as Schiit usb gen 2(so usb works). The offline computer has the gustard u12 which i much prefer over the biFrost usb implementation, treble is more natural with less edge and better instrument spacing .

Dec 13, 2015 at 4:57 PM Post #1,272 of 2,799
My only takeaway from this is the new unit i received has a different usb chip than the older c- media unit I sent back, is this logic correct?

• Do you have a powered USB hub handy? Don't know if Bifrost falls in this category but some DACs, despite being AC powered, still draw power from USB to drive the USB controller.  Long shot but new chipset could be more susceptible to low power from your PC's USB.
  • I use Iobit Uninistaller which scans registry for leftovers when uninstalling.  Could try something like that to make sure registry and files are completely clean before installing new drivers.

Dec 13, 2015 at 5:01 PM Post #1,273 of 2,799

Pick your poison dude.  Shall we compare the cost of a top of the line PC with 30" monitor and equivalent Mac
rolleyes.gif

Dec 13, 2015 at 6:37 PM Post #1,275 of 2,799
I have a high-end PC gaming rig built by myself from the top components... I never had any issues with audio (or anything) whatsoever. *shrug*

Users who are viewing this thread

Back