Schiit Fire and Save Matches! Bifrost Multibit is Here.
Nov 10, 2015 at 2:14 AM Post #1,141 of 2,799

thats seems a lot. The upgrade from schist is 350aud theres a fairly big premium there

From Schiit you would have to add freight there and back which would be around 200 AUD, so 580 AUD not such a big premium.

Edit: I bought my Bimby direct from Schiit, it cost 949 AUD inc. freight, Addicted to Audio price 979 AUD, if they had had them in stock when I ordered I would have bought from them instead.

Nov 10, 2015 at 3:21 AM Post #1,142 of 2,799
  From Schiit you would have to add freight there and back which would be around 200 AUD, so 580 AUD not such a big premium.

Edit: I bought my Bimby direct from Schiit, it cost 949 AUD inc. freight, Addicted to Audio price 979 AUD, if they had had them in stock when I ordered I would have bought from them instead.

paid about 60aud in shipping

Nov 10, 2015 at 12:28 PM Post #1,144 of 2,799
  Wow, I had to pay Schiit approx. 100 AUD one way to get Bimby from USA to Australia at the lowest cost freight offered (?)

Hmmm:

1. Cost of 2 roundtrip tickets to Down Under
  2. Cost of US Upgrades
  3. Carrying capacity of largest suitcase ....

Anyone living near Valencia CA that wants to finance a vacation? 
biggrin.gif

Nov 11, 2015 at 2:02 PM Post #1,145 of 2,799

Hmmm:

1. Cost of 2 roundtrip tickets to Down Under
  2. Cost of US Upgrades
  3. Carrying capacity of largest suitcase ....

Anyone living near Valencia CA that wants to finance a vacation? 
biggrin.gif

TSA Agent Says- " Whats all that metal and wires showing on the Xray in your suit case"
BeatsWork Says- " Well that's just all My schiit"

TSA Agent then Proceeds to put on the Rubber Gloves as he waves over to his coworker for assistance...

Nov 11, 2015 at 2:16 PM Post #1,146 of 2,799
  TSA Agent Says- " Whats all that metal and wires showing on the Xray in your suit case"
BeatsWork Says- " Well that's just all My schiit"

TSA Agent then Proceeds to put on the Rubber Gloves as he waves over to his coworker for assistance...

You joke but my uncle recently gave me a box of tube sockets, bananana plugs etc. which I put in my checked luggage and when I arrived home I found one of those TSA "You're luggage has been inspected" notices inside the checked bag. Haven't had any problems travelling since but I thought I had really shot myself in the foot for a minute there ....

Nov 11, 2015 at 2:56 PM Post #1,147 of 2,799

You joke but my uncle recently gave me a box of tube sockets, bananana plugs etc. which I put in my checked luggage and when I arrived home I found one of those TSA "You're luggage has been inspected" notices inside the checked bag. Haven't had any problems travelling since but I thought I had really shot myself in the foot for a minute there ....

Took a fishing trip and was carrying one of those long fishing rod Cases about 6 inches wide. Found one those slips saying we went through your schiit in there too. I was Just happy they did not break any of the rod tips.

I sympathize with our friends overseas, Made me stop whining about shipping costs. Maybe those CERN guys Can Open up a portal In front of the Schiit Building and Another at your door step.
Instant Shipping.

Nov 11, 2015 at 5:07 PM Post #1,149 of 2,799
basshead.gif
HELP

Something odd happened this morning while I was running some 24/96 files through the Bimby via USB2, running Foobar with latency at 50ms (lowest). Mid-song while the speakers were really moving, it skipped/paused twice or 3 times for a second with random intervals (30-90sec) and on the last one it just went to full white/pink noise. It was very startling and had my speakers been turned louder, I don't know what kind of damage that would've done.

I cycled the unit and it went back to playing music. I'm worried that one of these times I'll be outside working on the yard with the music up on the speakers and this noise will come in and destroy something. Anyone else have this issue?

Nov 11, 2015 at 7:00 PM Post #1,151 of 2,799
 As Cskippy has said Mike Moffat is aware that some people are having issues. If anything an email to schiit support will allow them to compile Information and hopefully be able to figure out the issue. If Memory Serves me right I think I saw a few people with the same issue and foobar was common. I Have a similar issue (I use foobar as well) The Odd thing is I Had a Modi 2 U before In the same Setup and never had an issue. I may try another player now to see if foobar is the culprit. 

Nov 11, 2015 at 7:25 PM Post #1,152 of 2,799
I have a Gustard u12 handy but I'd really like to utilize the onboard usb and keep the Gustard paired with my other/older Multi-bit dac with a lesser usb interface.

Anyone know if there is degradation to sound quality if I increase the latency from current 50ms to say 1000ms in foobar? And if this might help with this issue?

Nov 15, 2015 at 12:47 PM Post #1,155 of 2,799
  any comprasions of bifrost MB vs Yggy? are the upgraded bifrost give a yggy some fight?

See:

http://www.head-fi.org/t/785369/yggdrasil-gungnir-mb-bifrost-mb-a-terse-ribald-comparison

Users who are viewing this thread

Back