Schiit Eitr impression and USB-SPDIF converters discussion
Jan 8, 2018 at 10:06 PM Post #511 of 1,112
Hey guys, I only recently heard about the Eitr after searching more opinions about the Modi Mutlibit I bought in Decemeber! I must admit that at first I was slightly disappointed with the difference in sound day 1 but after going back to New York and warming it up again I do think it gets much better after a week staying on. Everyone on here has praised the Eitr for improving the sound quality and cleaning up the sound. The question I have is, regardless of your DAC, as it might be annoying to listen to your onboard DAC after getting an external one, is the Eitr an absolute necessity to your setup? I feel like I forgot something important now that I have my Schiit stack but no Eitr XD

Jan 9, 2018 at 11:40 AM Post #514 of 1,112
A Schiit eitr? Seriously??

If you have the Schiit with Gen 5, no, but if you don't want to be bothered by all the hassle with sending for upgrades, get the Eitr instead.

Jan 9, 2018 at 12:04 PM Post #515 of 1,112
I use it only to work around a bug with certain programs in my DAC's driver.... so I guess it does improve SQ by removing the artifacts caused by that bug... but I don't use it to achieve some increase in SQ from normal operation. I only expect a more stable USB implementation out of it. While it is possible to have general SQ improvements if the S/PDIF input to the DAC is better isolated than the USB input to the DAC, that wasn't my use case.

Jan 9, 2018 at 4:05 PM Post #518 of 1,112
I have no doubt this device serves a purpose, it just has an unfortunate name. Am I the only one seeing it?

Isn't it the usual Schiit humor? How do you remove Schiit from your USB? By Eit'ing it?

Jan 9, 2018 at 4:49 PM Post #520 of 1,112
I have no doubt this device serves a purpose, it just has an unfortunate name. Am I the only one seeing it?
No, but you are apparently among those who don't understand. :)

Jan 10, 2018 at 10:06 PM Post #522 of 1,112
Hi,

Don’t know if anyone has asked this already before but does the quality of the USB cable matter here or isn’t it that important because Eitr will improve the signal anyway?
I think the coax cable is more important right?
Thanks!

Jan 10, 2018 at 10:47 PM Post #525 of 1,112
:frowning2: hoped that I could save money on the USB cable. Is the Schiit PYST usb cable sufficient?
I don't know if PYST cables are complying the 75 ohm specification of the SPDIF coax connection. You should ask Schiit about that. In previous pages people are recommending Blue Jeans cables, they are cheap and sounds good so you might wanna check that one out too. As for USB cable, any USB cables with ferrite cores should be sufficient. My $7 USB cable sounds the same as my $100 audiophile-grade 6N OCC USB cable on the Eitr.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back