Schiit Eitr impression and USB-SPDIF converters discussion
Aug 3, 2017 at 10:35 AM Post #46 of 1,112
I have had my Eitr powered up since last Thursday. It replaced a Yellowtec PUC2 Lite (AES output) that was powered by a USB Disruptor power supply. There is a very slight improvement in clarity over the PUC2. This is a testament to the PUC2 since it has been on the market since at least 2010.

Aug 6, 2017 at 6:03 AM Post #48 of 1,112
Can I do something like this?

Laptop --> iusb3.0 --> Eitr --> iOne --> powered speakers

Yes, but why use the iusb3.0? What's it going to do for you that a plain vanilla, USB2.0 rated cable would not do on its own? The Eitr is not simply a USB to COAX converter - it also does all necessary electrical cleanup. So the best chain should be computer straight to Eitr, unless I am missing something.

Aug 7, 2017 at 2:46 PM Post #49 of 1,112
Is this a benefit vs SPDIF optical output on my be PC?

Aug 8, 2017 at 5:53 PM Post #50 of 1,112
For people using the Eitr into the Yggy, what input are you using on the Yggy and what cables/transformers?

Aug 8, 2017 at 6:15 PM Post #51 of 1,112
Using the RCA SPDIF via a Signal Cables Silver Resolution.

Aug 14, 2017 at 10:21 AM Post #53 of 1,112
I've been checking the shipping rate of Eitr vs a gen5 upgrade (self-install) for Gumby. The upgrade is very expensive to ship, and I believe there's a mistake in the system. The rates I checked are for shipping to Singapore, but I've read elsewhere that shipping quotes are out of whack for the gen5 card.

Could someone at Schiit please look into this?

Aug 14, 2017 at 10:53 AM Post #54 of 1,112
I've been checking the shipping rate of Eitr vs a gen5 upgrade (self-install) for Gumby. The upgrade is very expensive to ship, and I believe there's a mistake in the system. The rates I checked are for shipping to Singapore, but I've read elsewhere that shipping quotes are out of whack for the gen5 card.

Could someone at Schiit please look into this?

you should send an email to schiit directly. the contact info is on their website.

Aug 15, 2017 at 6:54 PM Post #55 of 1,112
My Eitr Arrived today And it cleared up The sound I was hearing On the left side of All my cans It sounded like A filament In An old light bulb That was loose And rattling So I went through The music and shows That we're giving me that issue And the noise is gone now So glad I picked it up. I Never new USB noise could sound like that.

Last edited:
Aug 17, 2017 at 12:10 PM Post #56 of 1,112
Unfortunately i am having crackling with my unit, i read somewhere else to change from connecting directly to the outlet to a a grounded extension and unfortunately it didn't fix it. I went to 2 friends apartments and the same problem, which didn't surprise me (same small town), so if someone has any idea or suggestion it would be great.

edit - unbelievable, after 1 week of lugging this thing around and trying multiple cables (including 2 new) a single old HP scanner cable fixed the problem.

Last edited:
Aug 17, 2017 at 2:09 PM Post #57 of 1,112
Unfortunately i am having crackling with my unit, i read somewhere else to change from connecting directly to the outlet to a a grounded extension and unfortunately it didn't fix it. I went to 2 friends apartments and the same problem, which didn't surprise me (same small town), so if someone has any idea or suggestion it would be great.

edit - no ups available
I suggest you pick up a UPS All of my Gear is plugged into one.

Aug 19, 2017 at 2:24 PM Post #58 of 1,112
For those of you using either the Eitr or the new Gen5 internal replacement board what driver are you using and with what operating system?

I could not get anything to work with my Windows 2012r2 server and with Windows 10 Pro only the newly built in USB 2.0 WASAPI driver that comes with the latest updates. I found no way to use ASIO with either OS.

Aug 19, 2017 at 2:28 PM Post #59 of 1,112
For those of you using either the Eitr or the new Gen5 internal replacement board what driver are you using and with what operating system?

I could not get anything to work with my Windows 2012r2 server and with Windows 10 Pro only the newly built in USB 2.0 WASAPI driver that comes with the latest updates. I found no way to use ASIO with either OS.

Install the drivers from Schiit. I use Windows 10 Pro with MusicBee. Both the Schiit WASAPI (Eitr) and the Windows Generic ASIO driver work. There is a Windows ASIO USB device driver that does not work.

Last edited:
Aug 19, 2017 at 3:33 PM Post #60 of 1,112
Install the drivers from Schiit. I use Windows 10 Pro with MusicBee. Both the Schiit WASAPI (Eitr) and the Windows Generic ASIO driver work. There is a Windows ASIO USB device driver that does not work.

I am using the internal board installed in an Yggrasil. I am not using an Eitr. What DAC are you using?

I use JRMC. In Windows 10 Pro the Gen5 card is automatically recognized and a WASAPI driver assigned to it. Under my JRMC Options tab I only see "Yggdrasil Gen5(WASAPI)". I have tried all of the other Schiit supplied drivers and they all give me an error that the Operating System is not supported. I tried the Schiit supplied ASIO driver and got that same error. I have never heard of a "Windows Generic ASIO driver". Where does that show or where is it found?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back