Schiit Eitr impression and USB-SPDIF converters discussion
Jul 31, 2017 at 7:58 PM Post #31 of 1,112
Could not get a signal from my iPhone 6 Plus and CCK to work thru the Eitr. The Yggy would digitally lock, but no sound. The CCK was originally bought off of Amazon, so probably a fake with no full Apple functionality. Will try a iOS Reset first to see if that works (thanks Torq!), if not, will buy a real CCK from an Apple Store and try that.

I, and several others, have had the same problem. It's likely not your cck cable. To my knowledge, everyone who's had their Eitr swapped out report that all is well and that includes myself with my iPad and iPhone. I think Schiit sent out some units that wouldn't work with iOS devices.

Last edited:
Aug 1, 2017 at 12:28 PM Post #33 of 1,112
I, and several others, have had the same problem. It's likely not your cck cable. To my knowledge, everyone who's had their Eitr swapped out report that all is well and that includes myself with my iPad and iPhone. I think Schiit sent out some units that wouldn't work with iOS devices.

Thanks for the info.

My Eitr started acting up with dropouts about every 20 seconds. No amount of rebooting or cable changes would clear it. After emailing to Nick at Schiit Tech Support, back to Schiit it goes. Asked for a refund and will wait for release of the self install Gen 5.

Last edited:
Aug 1, 2017 at 3:14 PM Post #34 of 1,112
Is driver required on win10 creators edition?

No it isn't.

And in any event I couldn't get the Schiit drivers to install on Win 10 Creators.

Aug 1, 2017 at 4:33 PM Post #35 of 1,112
Was glad to find this thread. Currently listen to a lot of ripped CDs and Tidal via Aries Mini.

The path is Aries Mini USB>>MF V-Link 192>>RCA-Black Cat Silverstar 75-BNC>>Gungnir MB>>Freya preamp.

No USB in on my Gungnir so use the V-Link USB/SPDIF converter.

Very happy with the sound but of course wondering what the Eitr with Gen 5 USB tech would bring.

Has anyone compared Eitr to a V-Link 192? Any reason to think it would be better than the V-Link?

Thanks in advance for your input.

Aug 1, 2017 at 4:58 PM Post #36 of 1,112

That's my experience as well. However, my replaced Eitr still requires powered USB hub to work correctly with iPad/CCK- they now states this under Eitr FAQ, but I don't see that last week when it first came out. I am using a very old iPad with 30-pin version CCK though.

Aug 1, 2017 at 6:50 PM Post #37 of 1,112
Although I don't have the eitr. I do have the Singxer F-1, and it handily beats my old V-link.
With that said, there's a few posts here and elsewhere on the web, where the eitr is comparable or better than the F-1, FWIW.
I'm currently waiting for more posts with comparisons to the F-1 , before I pull the trigger.
Was glad to find this thread. Currently listen to a lot of ripped CDs and Tidal via Aries Mini.

The path is Aries Mini USB>>MF V-Link 192>>RCA-Black Cat Silverstar 75-BNC>>Gungnir MB>>Freya preamp.

No USB in on my Gungnir so use the V-Link USB/SPDIF converter.

Very happy with the sound but of course wondering what the Eitr with Gen 5 USB tech would bring.

Has anyone compared Eitr to a V-Link 192? Any reason to think it would be better than the V-Link?

Thanks in advance for your input.

Aug 1, 2017 at 6:58 PM Post #38 of 1,112
Although I don't have the eitr. I do have the Singxer F-1, and it handily beats my old V-link.
With that said, there's a few posts here and elsewhere on the web, where the eitr is comparable or better than the F-1, FWIW.
I'm currently waiting for more posts with comparisons to the F-1 , before I pull the trigger.

Thanks Guido. That's a helpful tip...I think. BUT please clarify. Your old V-Link...was that the Gen 1 (black case) version or the later 192 (silver case) version? Thanks again.

Aug 2, 2017 at 7:55 AM Post #42 of 1,112

Thanks, Guido. No, I had not yet found that. Did see a discussion that had started about the F-1 over on Audio Circle. I note the MF V-Link 192 doesn't even get mentioned in the USB/SPDIF ranking early on in rb2013's thread. I guess that says something, though I've been very happy with the sound using it in the chain. Things sound better running USB into the V-Link and Coax to BNC into the DAC than running Coax direct from the Aries Mini into the Gungnir (i.e., skipping any USB connection). Not sure why that is the case but the difference wasn't subtle. Thinking there might be an Eitr in my future.

Aug 2, 2017 at 3:52 PM Post #43 of 1,112
I have a Gungnir Multibit and really didn't want to send it back to Schiit for the Gen 5 upgrade. Tougher when you live in Canada. I just received the Eitr this morning and am now having a first listen. My initial impressions are very favourable. I'll post again when it's broken in a bit. So far so good :)

Aug 2, 2017 at 4:08 PM Post #44 of 1,112

Hope it continues to sound good, Mike (and even better as you put some hours on it). Gungnir MB here as well (also Freya preamp) but no USB on the Gungnir, hence the V-Link 192.
Got the MB upgrade done few weeks ago. Not interested in sending it back yet again. PLUS just bought a Black Cat Silverstar digital coax cable.

Spent some time over on Super Best Audio Friends. There's a pretty lengthy Eitr thread there.

Aug 2, 2017 at 4:22 PM Post #45 of 1,112
Hope it continues to sound good, Mike (and even better as you put some hours on it). Gungnir MB here as well (also Freya preamp) but no USB on the Gungnir, hence the V-Link 192.
Got the MB upgrade done few weeks ago. Not interested in sending it back yet again. PLUS just bought a Black Cat Silverstar digital coax cable.

Spent some time over on Super Best Audio Friends. There's a pretty lengthy Eitr thread there.
Thanks. I'm always cautious about posts when I first get a new component but I am liking it so far. The sound seems a bit richer. Time will tell.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back