Schiit Eitr impression and USB-SPDIF converters discussion
Dec 15, 2017 at 1:31 PM Post #451 of 1,112
That's great news for everyone having their orders fulfilled. Eitr will be worth it, trust me. Looks like Schiit's component parts that were backorder are now available, and Schiit is building units and shipping them out as fast as possible. This is consistent with my experiences at Schiit; if they have a backorder from suppliers parts, they are very quick to fulfill orders once they have their parts for assembly back in stock.

I am guessing the shortage was something easy to drop in like the wall wart (though the post refers to boards, but seems hard to quickly drop in a lot of board? Shrug.). I saw the following yesterday at https://head-fi.org/threads/schiit-...bable-start-up.701900/page-1827#post-13913939 and put in my order...

"Eitr? Yeah, we could have done without it. But it seemed to be the right product to bring Gen 5 to DACs beyond our own. And it’s been a popular product. It would be even more product if we could ever get our act together and ship some (they should be shipping as of this writing. Finally. Yes, I know, we suck.)"

Last edited:
Dec 15, 2017 at 2:03 PM Post #452 of 1,112
I am guessing the shortage was something easy to drop in like the wall wart (though the post refers to boards, but seems hard to quickly drop in a lot of board? Shrug.). I saw the following yesterday at https://head-fi.org/threads/schiit-...bable-start-up.701900/page-1827#post-13913939 and put in my order...

"Eitr? Yeah, we could have done without it. But it seemed to be the right product to bring Gen 5 to DACs beyond our own. And it’s been a popular product. It would be even more product if we could ever get our act together and ship some (they should be shipping as of this writing. Finally. Yes, I know, we suck.)"

Schiit uses a local (just across the Valley) offsite subcontractor as their "board house". Boards are assembed by the board house and schipped to Schiit in Valencia. It's very likely that the backorder on Eitr was due to the boardhouse not being able to obtain board components from their component suppliers to be able to assemble boards. If you've seen of any of SchiitFerBrainz' assembly videos, you'd see that the component assemblers all use pre-fabricated boards shipped to the Schiit-shop from the board house. They come as pre-assembled boards packaged in static-free envelopes. So, its not as simple as quickly as "dropping in" a board if the board is on backorder from the board house, who in turn is waiting on components from component suppliers. These are the realities of what a company deal with with manufacturing processes, and subsystem, subassembly and finished goods cycle times and lead times (which are different things in a manufacturing process). What this comes down to is "demand forecasting" by the materials manager. If a product like Eitr is more successful than the intial demand forecast, it can take time for the material manager to place orders for more board, components, etc. to meet demand. This can cascade back to the order-to-receipt lead times of the component suppliers to the board house. If the component supplier is out of stock on the component, then there is a "cycle time" factor to manufacture these parts. All this adds up to the "lead time" to come off "backorder".

Last edited:
Dec 15, 2017 at 3:06 PM Post #453 of 1,112
Ordered yesterday night, shipping notification today... No back log I would say!

Interesting. I canceled my backorder Wednesday after receiving a reply from Schiit that said they basically had no idea when they would ship. If they ever show up as in stock, perhaps I will try again. I’m done with backorders.

Last edited:
Dec 15, 2017 at 3:43 PM Post #456 of 1,112
Interesting. I canceled my backorder Wednesday after receiving a reply from Schiit that said they basically had no idea when they would ship. If they ever show up as in stock, perhaps I will try again. I’m done with backorders.
Ordered Monday, shipped today. Please do not blow a fuse, but it looks like you canceled the order a day too soon. In business, it's not uncommon for one department to not know whats going on in another.

Dec 18, 2017 at 12:42 AM Post #458 of 1,112
yupp, ill get mine tomorrow! hope this can fix my gaming desktop audio!

Dec 18, 2017 at 3:27 PM Post #459 of 1,112
Got mine today. Appears to work as intended (didn't have time to give it a proper listen yet), but arrived with a dead LED light. Oh well, I bought it to listen to music, not to look at pretty lights.

Last edited:
Dec 18, 2017 at 4:05 PM Post #460 of 1,112
I think you are lucky: some people pay to buy stickers to tame down the LEDs. :)

Dec 19, 2017 at 2:31 PM Post #463 of 1,112
Received my Eitr today and have a quick question regarding drivers.
Do I need one? laptop win10>eitr>AGD R2R-11>amp

Plugged it in and connected it and music came forth no issues.However my audio device IDs it as Schiit Eitr (speakers).Is this a correct config or is another driver needed?

Dec 19, 2017 at 3:20 PM Post #464 of 1,112
Received my Eitr today and have a quick question regarding drivers.
Do I need one? laptop win10>eitr>AGD R2R-11>amp

Plugged it in and connected it and music came forth no issues.However my audio device IDs it as Schiit Eitr (speakers).Is this a correct config or is another driver needed?

No driver needed for me ... WIN10 ... Mine also saids speakers ... You are all set

Besides your computer only 'sees' the Eitr ... No way for the computer to know if you're using speakers or headphones

Last edited:
Dec 19, 2017 at 3:41 PM Post #465 of 1,112
This weekend I added additional USB ports to my desktop computer WIN10 Pro. PCI-E Card listed below. No issues or drivers needed, windows found and used the correct driver.

Question: Is it possible (using the Eitr) to sound 'better' when using the ports on the new card ... as opposed to using the ports from the motherboard? Things sound a bit better ... But that could be me fooling myself

Inateck SuperSpeed 4 Ports PCI-E to USB 3.0 Expansion Card

Users who are viewing this thread

Back