Schiit Decrapifier released - USB power isolator
Nov 20, 2014 at 9:06 PM Post #271 of 578
  https://justlisten.nativedsd.com/albums/just-listen-1-compilation

You just may have to sigh up with a free account otherwise all the samples are free.

Oops!  I don't have a quad-rate DSD DAC anymore, the Oppo HA 1 could do it, all the ones I have now are double rate.

I can tell you that if I try to stream two DSD 128 streams simultaneously over USB it starts cutting out, but that is with or without the Wyrd in the chain.

Nov 21, 2014 at 10:04 PM Post #272 of 578
Are people having more success with Wyrd when used with Windows rather than Mac (OS X)? Seems like that's the case, but too little data for me.

Dec 19, 2014 at 6:42 PM Post #274 of 578
The Wyrd is a god send to my sometimes noisy and hummy USB power. Dead silent background now. Thank you Schiit 
biggrin.gif

Dec 19, 2014 at 9:11 PM Post #275 of 578
Are people having more success with Wyrd when used with Windows rather than Mac (OS X)? Seems like that's the case, but too little data for me.

I now have both a MacBook Pro and an ASUS, the difference is much more aparent with the ASUS than the Apple, though it's still there.

Dec 24, 2014 at 7:24 PM Post #276 of 578
I just ordered the Wyrd. I've been having issues with sudden cutting out of sound at times, the occasional crackle or pop, and some reason when I set my HRT Music Streamer II+ to 24/96k a loud shrieking can happen on playback on rare occasions. These issues vary in how common they are dependent on the computer(less common on laptop than desktop), so it seems like a power issue. I'm hoping all these issues will be fixed and if the sound quality manages to improve all the better.

Dec 24, 2014 at 7:42 PM Post #277 of 578
  I just ordered the Wyrd. I've been having issues with sudden cutting out of sound at times, the occasional crackle or pop, and some reason when I set my HRT Music Streamer II+ to 24/96k a loud shrieking can happen on playback on rare occasions. These issues vary in how common they are dependent on the computer(less common on laptop than desktop), so it seems like a power issue. I'm hoping all these issues will be fixed and if the sound quality manages to improve all the better.

I'm having that problem, too, with my Schiit Bifrost.  I was a little concerned about it so I went and bought me the Wyrd as well in hopes it'll remedy this issue.   I highly doubt that it'll improve sound quality at all.  

Dec 24, 2014 at 9:45 PM Post #278 of 578
  I'm having that problem, too, with my Schiit Bifrost.  I was a little concerned about it so I went and bought me the Wyrd as well in hopes it'll remedy this issue.   I highly doubt that it'll improve sound quality at all.  

USB audio and USB in general is definitely fickle, the shrieking doesn't happen when set at 24/48k and below thankfully so I have it set there for now. I was told by someone I really trust when it comes high fidelity audio that it makes some sound quality improvement, hopefully I find it to be true. Let's hope it fixes the USB issues as that's the main reason I got the device.

Dec 28, 2014 at 3:16 AM Post #279 of 578
I bought one and I was happy with the improvement on my Win7 desktop system. Then I bought another one for my Mac Mini source.

By the way - try Shiit USB cable ... it is also excellent value.

Dec 28, 2014 at 1:11 PM Post #280 of 578
Yeah. I bought the Schiit USB cables along with the Wyrd as well. Really great value. :) I highly doubt it'll improve sound quality at all but it'll look great with the setup.

Dec 28, 2014 at 2:59 PM Post #281 of 578
Well I got the Wyrd today. I noticed an immediate sound quality improvement, it became cleaner, more spacious, smoother, and less grainy are the first things I noticed. No more irritated ears on the HD 600 or K712. 

Dec 29, 2014 at 1:05 AM Post #282 of 578
Yeah. I bought the Schiit USB cables along with the Wyrd as well. Really great value.
smily_headphones1.gif
I highly doubt it'll improve sound quality at all but it'll look great with the setup.

Watch out for the LEDs ... they are like Xenon searchlights. I ended up putting round pieces of semi-opaque tape over them, it was that bright.

Dec 29, 2014 at 1:21 AM Post #283 of 578
Nah lol.  Bright LED's never bothered me that much.  In fact, I always liked it when they were bright.  Makes it look pretty cool with my setup.  
o2smile.gif

Dec 29, 2014 at 2:21 AM Post #284 of 578
I've spent the evening listening to the Wyrd I got for Christmas and I've not gotten any USB weirdness from my Macbook Pro, so it seems it is doing its intended job. (woohoo!)  I am trying to convince myself that it isn't making any noticeable changes to the sound, but as several others have reported, I've noticed slightly "boomier" and harder hitting bass coming from my LCD-X's.  I don't know if there's really any other change at this point.  I will give myself a few more days listening with the Wyrd and then I'll take it out and see if I notice any other differences in the sound signature.

Aside: The tiny thing looks kind of ridiculous sitting on top of the Mjolnir/Gungnir stack...

Dec 29, 2014 at 2:27 AM Post #285 of 578
  I've spent the evening listening to the Wyrd I got for Christmas and I've not gotten any USB weirdness from my Macbook Pro, so it seems it is doing its intended job. (woohoo!)  I am trying to convince myself that it isn't making any noticeable changes to the sound, but as several others have reported, I've noticed slightly "boomier" and harder hitting bass coming from my LCD-X's.  I don't know if there's really any other change at this point.  I will give myself a few more days listening with the Wyrd and then I'll take it out and see if I notice any other differences in the sound signature.

Aside: The tiny thing looks kind of ridiculous sitting on top of the Mjolnir/Gungnir stack...

Lol is that a bad thing?  :)  

Mine's supposed to come in tomorrow.  You're not the first person claiming that you're noticing an 'improve' sound quality from the Wyrd linked with your setup.  It's starting to make me curious.  I only needed it because I have 'hiccuping' issues with my Bifrost, like it would cut off for about 1 second and then come back on.  Sometimes it would just cut off overall.  So I figured the Wyrd would help remedy this problem.  Rare occurence though but would be nice to have. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back