Schiit DACs (Bifrost and Gungnir down, one to go)? The information and anticipation thread.
Nov 15, 2011 at 11:45 PM Post #1,636 of 3,339
Thanks Blurpapa - appreciate all your comments 
beerchug.gif

As a matter of fact it has been (mostly) fun, and an interesting learning experience too. 
normal_smile .gif

Unfortunately, there will be a delay. When I said "all being well" I was thinking of something changing my impressions. Instead, wouldn't you know it, my normally quiet country environment got disrupted by heavy machinery near my home a few hours ago. As I could clearly hear it at a low level through the music, I had to stop for three hours.

We're coming into evening in New Zealand. There will be noise and distraction for about the next three hours - my wife being the noisy person she is :wink: - after which I will continue...

Nov 15, 2011 at 11:49 PM Post #1,637 of 3,339
Rob does/is. I'm sure it will be worth waiting for. I believe he's pretty busy reviewing various gear atm.

Mine (I wouldn't dignify it with the term "review", perhaps "mini-review" 
wink_face.gif
) concerns MiniMax DAC and StageDac comparisons specifically.

Quote:
Didn't skylab plan on writing a review of the bifrost???

Nov 16, 2011 at 12:30 AM Post #1,638 of 3,339
Hopefully they get some Bifrost's back in. I'm dying to review one. 
wink.gif
 Anway, I have my Valhalla, a Double Helix Cables "Molecule" HD650 cable, an HD650, and Fidelia crying for a Bifrost to complete my setup. 
biggrin.gif

Nov 16, 2011 at 12:41 AM Post #1,639 of 3,339
Hmm. Exciting stuff indeed. I actually know how much power the statement amp will put out, into 8 ohms at least, but have been sworn to secrecy. What I can say is that it will improve significantly on the Lyr on power as well as many other areas. 

I am also dissapointed that Jason will not be as forthcoming with details but agree that it is the safest option given that some people complained. 

Quote:
I'm looking forward to the annoucement as well. It won't be soon, because of all the complainers... Jason will be much more conservative now about annoucements. I think if they just made a balanced Lyr it would be pretty powerful no? That would double the power, just because it's balanced, so 12 watts into 32ohms? and 8 watts into 50ohms? WOW... I hope something like this comes out...
atsmile.gif

Nov 16, 2011 at 12:24 PM Post #1,646 of 3,339

Quote:
Rob does/is. I'm sure it will be worth waiting for. I believe he's pretty busy reviewing various gear atm.

Mine (I wouldn't dignify it with the term "review", perhaps "mini-review" 
wink_face.gif
) concerns MiniMax DAC and StageDac comparisons specifically.

I am sure that I am not the only one eagerly anticipating your "mini-review". How are you progressing?

E

Nov 16, 2011 at 2:51 PM Post #1,647 of 3,339
Hi Emulator. For you and others who may be interested, look here

I apologize that this, my first 'mini-review' for head-fi, seemed to take a lot of words to say very little! It is hardly a model review, and I split it out to stop it cluttering this thread.

Anyways, I hope it is enjoyable 
wink_face.gif

Nov 16, 2011 at 3:57 PM Post #1,649 of 3,339
Hey all,

We haven't forgotten you--and we're not intending to have *no* pre-order announcement at all; we're just going to do it now when we (a) have all the parts in hand, and (b) a solid schedule from the PCB assembly house. Loosely translated, this means something more like a one-month pre-order rather than two.

With respect to new products, yes, we have been slower than we would have liked. I really want to address all the back-order issues and ensure continuous stocking of current products, before we amble off to the "new shiny." We've been doing a ton of work over the last couple of months with master POs, scheduling, and planning that should start paying off, well, about now.

So what does this mean, release-date-wise? Well, we're still hoping to announce one or two new things before the end of the year, but that may slip to January. The "statement" stuff we're still hoping for Q1. Beyond that, well . . . who knows?

All the best,
Jason

Schiit Audio Stay updated on Schiit Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/Schiit/ http://www.schiit.com/
Nov 16, 2011 at 5:09 PM Post #1,650 of 3,339
I have been listening to the Bifrost, and will be working on the review write-up in the coming week, or maybe the week following.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back