Schiit Audio Bifrost 2
Jun 29, 2020 at 2:09 PM Post #1,156 of 4,939
Jun 29, 2020 at 3:32 PM Post #1,157 of 4,939
Just ordered it. Upgrading from Modi MB. Let's see
I did compare Modi MB and BF2 in my 2-channel "low-fi" system and the improvement characteristics and magnitude was on par with my headphone rig. Let us know your thoughts after you've had a chance to compare.

Jun 29, 2020 at 3:45 PM Post #1,158 of 4,939
Couldn't wait any longer and picked up a used Gumby

dac_battle1.jpg

dac_battle2.jpg

So far I *really* like this Schiit :ksc75smile: Waiting on a Qutest to get here for the full review
Any update on review? Looking forward to it

Jun 29, 2020 at 4:19 PM Post #1,159 of 4,939
Just ordered it. Upgrading from Modi MB. Let's see
Love to hear your thoughts when you receive your BF2. I have the Eitr to the Modi MB to a Peachtree hybrid tube amp and it made me stop using headphones for a lot of my music listening. My system has great synergy but I can't help wanting to hear the BF2 in my system. Then I could move my Modi MB into the living room for my ALLO DigiOne streamer going into my HT receiver. I'm also kind of hoping that the new Schiit Transport is the same case size as the BF2 so that they can stack neatly on my desktop. I don't usually succumb to upgraditis but I'm feeling the slow burn of anticipation for this pairing.

Jun 30, 2020 at 2:12 PM Post #1,163 of 4,939
Just got a shipping notification today. Ordered on 06/07. Going to compare to the Modius when it gets here.
same here. shipped this morning

Jun 30, 2020 at 2:22 PM Post #1,164 of 4,939
Looks like they are caught up. Mine was ordered on the weekend and shipped today as well!

Jun 30, 2020 at 3:23 PM Post #1,167 of 4,939
Looks like they are caught up. Mine was ordered on the weekend and shipped today as well!
Kudos on that to the hard-working Schiit team ! We hear a good amount from Jason, and some from Mike, but there's a crew of other unsung people there doing good work, putting schiit together and keeping all the parts moving.

Jul 1, 2020 at 10:07 PM Post #1,169 of 4,939
Congrats and enjoy!

Jul 2, 2020 at 12:51 AM Post #1,170 of 4,939
Mine just came earlier this afternoon. Had a little bit of time to do a comparison against the Modius.

Initially, I upgraded from the Magni/Modi stack to the Asgard/Modius stack. The step up was a big difference to me. Things were more defined, bigger soundstage, better imaging, etc (Although, I do think the Asgard 3 had a big part in the SQ leap). As a result, I wanted to see what the upgrade to the Bifrost offered, so I ordered one a few weeks ago.

I'll preface by saying I don't have a lot of experience with various DACs. Basically, it's been a Schiit journey (Fulla->Modi->Modius->Bifrost).

To me, the Bifrost does sound better than the Modius, as expected. The sound is a bit smoother, better bass extension, and an overall slightly fuller sound. When I switched back to the Modius, the soundstage felt like it was a little more front loaded and just a bit narrower. The Bifrost is actually having me reconsider selling my Grado GH4s since the highs on them were just a little hot for me on the Modius. I'm really enjoying the BF2 so far.

I will also say that the Modius seems even more so like a very capable DAC at $200. Does the BF2 sound more than three times better than the Modius as the price would imply? Personally, I don't think so. This is in no way a knock on the performance of the BF2 since it's obviously an amazing DAC, but rather a nod to another Schiit product with extreme value. The difference between the two is definitely noticeable and if you are looking for a DAC that will last a very long time, then the BF2 is it.

I don't have any plans to upgrade and I know that the BF2 will be very capable in bringing out the best in any headphones that I may get in the future.

Attachments

• IMG_20200701_201015.jpg
    IMG_20200701_201015.jpg
    4.2 MB · Views: 0
Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back