Schiit Asgard vs Little-Dot MKIII
Aug 8, 2010 at 10:35 AM Post #16 of 28
also take into account that you will want more tubes. not beause the stock ones wear out and die, but because tube rolling is fun. with the asgard, its 250 and youre done. with the LDs expect to spend more on tubes over the next couple months... i know i did when i had a LDMKII n WA6

Aug 8, 2010 at 11:11 AM Post #17 of 28

Quote:
I "Must"'. So now you're the thought police. I respect opinions of people who offer honest opinions. I view his claim that he has owned an Asgard with extreme incredulity. As I clearly stated in my post.

His opinion of the L.D. Is as valid as any, his claim that he has owned the Asgard however IMO is not.

If he could offer any evidence, any evidence whatsoever I would post to the world that I was wrong. A picture (many of us take pictures when we receive a new toy), an old post where he mentioned having the amp, anything, anything at all. I welcome being proven wrong.

Proving anything to you or him is not my concern.  Helping everyone get along is.  If you have a serious beef with someone, PM is the best way to handle it.  Calling someone a liar in this fashion can be construed as a personal attack.

Thought police?
How you think is your business, how you act on head-fi is all of our business

Thanks in advance for your understanding and cooperation.

Aug 8, 2010 at 1:37 PM Post #18 of 28
@ OP

Hope you like the MKIII. As you said you can't go wrong so just go with your gut instinct, which it appears you've done. Enjoy!

Aug 8, 2010 at 2:22 PM Post #19 of 28
I have a deep suspicion for Chinese companies regarding service. However if there ever was something like an exception to a rule, David from Little Dot is certainly one of them.

He answered all my sales related queries quickly and personally. I had simultaneously contacted Darkvoice and after one reply I got nothing.

My friend bought a Little Dot MK III but David informed him that he was all out and waiting period would be close to a month. My friend asked for a refund and mentally prepared himself for repeated follow ups for his money. But to his surprise David mailed him in 5 minutes to inform him that the money was already refunded ! Now thats service.

Aug 8, 2010 at 3:49 PM Post #20 of 28
Just noticed your bizarre post Yikes...

My RMA number was #0104, confirm with Jason Stoddard if you wish (email below).  I didn't feel the need to inform you or the forum of my mixed impressions of the Asgard right away, particularly since they are a cool company and handled the return without hassle...

Drew

Quote:
Sorry, I don't buy it. I call BS. I've just read through all of your posts since before the Schiit Audio Asgard even came out, and you never mentioned auditioning one, buying one, selling one, you haven't even posted once in any of the Asgard related threads. And yet you've owned one, hmmmm if it quacks like a shill....

Quote:
His opinion of the L.D. Is as valid as any, his claim that he has owned the Asgard however IMO is not. If he could offer any evidence, any evidence whatsoever I would post to the world that I was wrong.

Aug 9, 2010 at 1:18 PM Post #23 of 28
And so I most humbly apologize. I noticed that regarding other products that Drew tried he posted his experiences with them and I found it unlikely that he wouldn't do so with the Asgard as well. It was an anomaly, he must have been busy or whatever. In any case I was for lack of a better term an AssHat. There is so much BS on the web, and this site is no exception, but I will never again try to call someone on their BS, because being wrong is even bigger BS.

Aug 9, 2010 at 4:39 PM Post #24 of 28
No problem, apology accepted...  I wanted to make it clear that I wasn't a liar since reputation here does matter (especially since I buy and sell stuff fairly regularly...)

Thanks,
Drew

Aug 9, 2010 at 4:46 PM Post #25 of 28

Quote:
There is so much BS on the web, and this site is no exception, but I will never again try to call someone on their BS, because being wrong is even bigger BS.

While it was great and mature of you to step up and admit your mistake, I think you should call out when you think people are BSing. Just do it in a nicer way so it becomes less ad hominem and more about asking them to back up their statements/claims.
smile_phones.gif

Aug 10, 2010 at 1:01 PM Post #26 of 28
I am considering purchasing a LD MKIII/Asgard/Valhalla/? to match my DAC Magic and future headphones (probably HD600 bang for your buck).  I am on a budget but you can see I am currently using a receiver to amp my phones using nothing but lossless.  How much of a difference will a 250$ ish amp make, and should I wait until I have 600$ish to spend on an amp, or will I see a justifiable difference with an amp like the asgard?

Aug 12, 2010 at 6:35 PM Post #28 of 28

Users who are viewing this thread

Back