Schiit Asgard/Valhalla vs. Audio-gd C2
Nov 27, 2010 at 12:59 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

unclej

New Head-Fier
Hello everyone,

I am a little new to the forums, but I have been lurking for awhile! I do not see a comparison against the Schiit products with Audio-GD C2. I am more interested to hear opinions with the Valhalla and C2, but I don't see why I can't add the Asgard. My current set up is HTR MS II -> nothing...yet! -> HD650. I am hopefully going to get one of these amps, but I am not sure what would pair well. Surely someone has tried both, though the Schiit products are fairly new.

Thanks!

Nov 28, 2010 at 12:37 PM Post #5 of 6
A bump to see if anyone has experience with both or all three amps in question. I am still looking into the m-stage. I read somewhere on these forums that tube amps are better paired with the HD650. Anyone know about that?

Jan 11, 2011 at 8:29 PM Post #6 of 6
A bump to see if anyone has experience with both or all three amps in question. I am still looking into the m-stage. I read somewhere on these forums that tube amps are better paired with the HD650. Anyone know about that?

Hmm, not sure about the HD650s being better paired with the HD650. Those phones have quite a darker tone, like a tube amp. I'm sure I'm not the first to say solid state. Also, they're quite sensitive to source and amp, so to get the best out of them, you need to spend $600+.

TBH, I'm just regurgitating what others have said. I'm a HD600 fan myself. They have a more neutral sound sig IMHO.

BTW, I'm interested in any C2 vs. posts. Anyone A/B'd this amp against others?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back