Schiit Asgard: Unboxing and First Impressions
Nov 5, 2012 at 9:51 AM Post #1,637 of 1,717
Quote:
How do you find the bifrost + asgard combo?

Really want to pair these combo :D

They sound excellent together. However, I haven't had any significant time with other DACs so I couldn't qualitatively say whether it's better/worse than others at a similar price range.

I also had the opportunity to try my Bifrost with a friend's Lyr for a few hours (and some tube rolling) with both of our LCD-2s and the K701. We were both quite impressed with how well the Asgard kept up with the Lyr in driving the LCD-2s, and I actually found I preferred it to the Lyr. Course, part of that is because I don't want to get into tube rolling, but the best that I heard the Lyr that day to my ears didn't seem any better than the Asgard.

I anticipate that if/when I upgrade (probably won't be for a while) it'll probably be the Gungnir/Mjolnir that gets me to do so, as the Bifrost/Asgard are good enough that anything less than that probably won't seem like a real step up.

Nov 6, 2012 at 1:55 AM Post #1,638 of 1,717
I use beyer DT880 32 ohms + asgard (beautiful piece of equipment !) + hrt II+ for a week
let me say the beatles abbey road remastered version brings me to heaven :wink:
classical music with this combo also fantastic

i'm waiting for the akg K550 to arrive next week...

richard

Nov 8, 2012 at 5:19 PM Post #1,639 of 1,717
Nice combo indeed! I also enjoyed the woo audio stand - guess I have the same taste as rmappita who posted above.

Very happy with the asgard/bifrost/dt880 600ohm combo i am running. Been about a week now.

Nov 9, 2012 at 2:27 PM Post #1,642 of 1,717
Just got my Asgard today all I can say is WOW. Great build fantastic sound so far. The best 250 bucks I have ever spent they do my HD 650s Justice. 
beyersmile.png
beerchug.gif

Nov 12, 2012 at 8:30 AM Post #1,643 of 1,717
Alright, folks, looking for a little education here.

I'm still relatively new to the whole headphone game (been going for a coulpe of years now).  While I've learned a lot about what I like over that time, I'm still learning a lot about good and bad synergy between certain headphones and amps.

So, my quesion:

I absolutely LOVE my Asgard+DT880 combo...couldn't be happier with it.  However, the Asgard+DT1350 pairing seems to be somewhat on the terrible side.  It's not an issue since I never use my 1350s at home, but I'm curious.  Is there something in the specs that can be pointed to that would explain why they aren't a good fit or is it all in my head?  From my experience the mids seem to be slightly sucked out and the headphones lack energy and authority.  They sound passable, but only at loud volumes.  It could simply be the fact that my home set-up consists of the HRT MSII, Asgard, and 1350s, which are all three considered to be ever so slightly on the warm side of the spectrum.  Is that all it is?

On the other hand, I adore my 1350s when paired at work with my Audinst HUD-mx1. 

Anyway, just trying to learn something new.  Thanks for any input you can give me!

Nov 12, 2012 at 9:11 PM Post #1,644 of 1,717
Used Asgard on it's way. I know there was a buzz problem in the past. Do we know the serial # that had this problem?

Nov 14, 2012 at 10:27 AM Post #1,647 of 1,717
Yes, it is.  I bought that combo together at the same time.  It is magic.  But, I also love how the Asgard drives my DT990/600 ohm.  That is also awesome.

Quote:
Well I have had my Asgard for a few days and my first impressions are still holding strong. It is I feel a perfect match for my HD 650s.

Nov 17, 2012 at 8:04 PM Post #1,648 of 1,717

Just thought I would post my new Asgard, Finally decided to place it right onto the top of my rig. I know, I know the heat of the of the Asgard is normal, But I like things to run cool. Its hardly warm at all now even after hours of use. It also did not make a difference in temps on my rig. Could not be happier. (unless I get a bifrost ^_~)

cheers

Nov 18, 2012 at 10:17 AM Post #1,649 of 1,717
Quote:Good to see that it works nice looking rig.

Just thought I would post my new Asgard, Finally decided to place it right onto the top of my rig. I know, I know the heat of the of the Asgard is normal, But I like things to run cool. Its hardly warm at all now even after hours of use. It also did not make a difference in temps on my rig. Could not be happier. (unless I get a bifrost ^_~)

cheers

Nov 30, 2012 at 6:08 AM Post #1,650 of 1,717
Quote:
Well I have had my Asgard for a few days and my first impressions are still holding strong. It is I feel a perfect match for my HD 650s.

That HD650 can be improved more with other amp that cost twice the asgard :D

but the asgard already give a good job driving from its price range and not to mention it also one of nicest looking amp in the market.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back