Schiit Asgard: Unboxing and First Impressions
Feb 6, 2013 at 5:19 AM Post #1,666 of 1,717
I just wished it was in stock and had a picture of it :) Although must admit, version 2 in their most popular amp is indeed an awesome move, feels like they really care about user's feedback and implement it in the subsequent versions. I'm even more happy because was about to buy Asgard 1 for my HD 650, but now it seems that Asgard 2 is right on time...

Feb 6, 2013 at 1:16 PM Post #1,667 of 1,717
Ordered the Asgard last night that was on backorder. Just saw that the Asgard 2 is coming out in this thread. So I emailed Schiit about switching my order to the 2nd one, and the reply was that the backordered Asgards will ship as the new one.

Feb 7, 2013 at 5:36 PM Post #1,669 of 1,717
Man...they need some kind of upgrade deal.  Turn in your old Asgard 1 and get $100 off your Asgard 2 or something along those lines.

I'd be game.

Feb 8, 2013 at 11:34 AM Post #1,671 of 1,717
Quote:

Why wouldn't you just sell Asgard 1 for $100? I bed you'd be able to sell it for more than that!

Oh, definitely.  I wasn't thinking about those #s as I typed them.  
tongue.gif

Although, selling an Asgard may become slightly more difficult once the 2 is released.

Feb 8, 2013 at 12:48 PM Post #1,672 of 1,717
I hear ya.  I have the Asgard 1 and just ordered the Asgard 2.  The 1 might become a bedroom rig rather than selling it.  Honestly, I hate selling stuff.

Quote:

Oh, definitely.  I wasn't thinking about those #s as I typed them.  
tongue.gif

Although, selling an Asgard may become slightly more difficult once the 2 is released.

Feb 8, 2013 at 12:56 PM Post #1,673 of 1,717
Does you Asgards make a little noise at maximum last 10% of volume position? And is the also audible a little noise from asgard itself? I meanThat even at switched of CD player at maximum levels asgard produces a little noise and also a pot is grainy a bit.. Is it normal with this amp or my one is defected? I use T70 as a headphones.

Feb 8, 2013 at 1:05 PM Post #1,674 of 1,717
Mine is dead silent.  You might have a dirty volume pot.  Email Jason at Schiit and he'll give you an answer within a day.

Quote:
Does you Asgards make a little noise at maximum last 10% of volume position? And is the also audible a little noise from asgard itself? I meanThat even at switched of CD player at maximum levels asgard produces a little noise and also a pot is grainy a bit.. Is it normal with this amp or my one is defected? I use T70 as a headphones.

Feb 10, 2013 at 8:59 AM Post #1,678 of 1,717
I'm just speculating here, and I could be totally off.  I'll find out in a little bit when it arrives.  But, I expect the new Asgard to be a little more clear and aggressive than the old Asgard.  This is based on what Jason said about borrowing ideas from the Mjolnir and making it uncomfortably close in performance to it.  Also, another high internal voltage amp, the SPL Auditor, is on the clear and aggressive side.  I expect it to be less aggressive than  both amps, however, because Jason also said it maintains the laid back nature of the old Asgard.

Quote:
Wow, its nice, The Asgard 2
I'm curious what are the sonic changes.

Feb 12, 2013 at 7:32 AM Post #1,680 of 1,717
I won't receive the Asgard 2 for about another week.  But, on paper it will have lower distortion and a much lower noise floor.  I'm expecting a very clear, open amp with no fatigue.

Quote:
@hodjy - Any opinion on how the Asgard 2 might compare against the Lyr? Curious given that they have borrowed from the higher model Mnojgnir.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back