Schiit Asgard: Unboxing and First Impressions
Jan 1, 2011 at 8:01 PM Post #1,216 of 1,717
I can do anything on my computer from my couch with the combination of 2 remote apps on my iphone and the wifi functioning.  The wifi is actually the most difficult part of the setup because mine is....well I'll just blame comcast.  But with the remote app I can browse my whole itunes library in the same format as the ipod touch.  Only annoying thing is that it doesn't group compilations, so there's millions of artists with only one song to wade through... 

I'm not sure if this is what you were referring to with regard to computer audio.  Only thing that annoys me is the fan noise.  And I miss physically "putting on" an album. 

Jan 1, 2011 at 8:43 PM Post #1,217 of 1,717

I too kinda miss the romance involves of getting up, fingering over my cds, and then opening and closing the cd draw, but the music server leads to more time listening, and it out-performes cd players dollar for dollar.

Jan 2, 2011 at 9:27 AM Post #1,218 of 1,717

Quote:
Any DAC that they come out with WILL have COAX digital input. What Jason was alluding to was the difficulty in getting USB to sound good, but he hinted that Mike (A known perfectionist) was finally smiling regarding this dilemma. So I'd expect a DAC that has Both COAX and USB (Also probably TOS Link, but who really cares about it
normal_smile .gif
 ).

Oh sweet Siddhartha, wouldn't this be nice?

Jan 2, 2011 at 9:57 AM Post #1,219 of 1,717
Just got mine 2 days ago and it's just awesome! Jason made super fast shipping and very good communication. BTW, it is hot but not too hot at all. Thanks, Jason.

Jan 2, 2011 at 11:00 PM Post #1,222 of 1,717

Quote:

Grado.  Its a wonderful can to switch back and forth with senns.  Such great perspectives on the musical message from these two companies.

I don't know for high end, but I can't think of two cans more different than my HD 650s and SR80i.  Radically different.

Jan 2, 2011 at 11:55 PM Post #1,224 of 1,717

Of the ones I've owned, (80s, 325is, and Rs1) I enjoyed the 325is's the most.  They were the most aggressive and the most upfront I thought.  The RS1s my be more to your liking if you like a more refined, tailored sound.

Jan 3, 2011 at 6:17 PM Post #1,230 of 1,717
Don't eww! I wanted to try something new. Who knows, I may even like them. They are supposedly appropriately powered by the Asgard.

Is it just me or is this the second time I've seen kboe banned? Tsk, tsk....

Users who are viewing this thread

Back