Schiit Asgard or DIY Dynalo?(The 1st time I buy an Amplifier)
Jun 8, 2012 at 5:01 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

tamleo

500+ Head-Fier
Hello everybody,
First of all, i am sorry about my bad English
redface.gif

And my question is: What amp should I buy? Schiit Asgard($250) or DIY amp Dynalo($300)?
It is the first time i buy an amplifier and really need an advice because i almost know nothing. I have just found a few popular entry amp such as Asgard, M-stage and Little Dot on internet and have been recommended by a friend that: DIY amp is always much better than market/commercial amp at the same price range. And i dont know if it is true.
My friend knows a person who has sold DIY amp such as Dynalo and M3 amp for a long time. But i dont have a chance to listen Schiit and Dynalo neither in the city i live.
I really love how beautiful the Asgard is and dont like the Dynalo's look that made by that DIY-er( it is like a scrap iron
biggrin.gif
). I also think how can a personally technologies/unidentified material competes to a company like Schiit?
confused_face.gif
besides, i dont see a dynalo review on internet..
Thank you!

Jun 8, 2012 at 8:34 AM Post #2 of 7
I'm not sure which headphones that you'll be pairing with. Of course the "pairing" is the real key as different headphones have a certain "synergy" with certain amps. You can check out my last post in the review in my signature. It describes my impressions of the Asgard with the headphones that I own.

gL!!

Jun 8, 2012 at 11:54 AM Post #3 of 7
I looked into the M Stage for my first headphone amp.  It looks really nice, got good reviews,  and the price is right.

Then I started hearing about Schiit Audio.  I like how the company is just two industry veterans designing and building products in the US.  So I bought an Asgard and it rocks.

Really though, all of the options you're looking at are well reguarded pieces of equipment.  Don't forget to try to match the specs of your headphones to the specs of the amp.

Jun 8, 2012 at 3:14 PM Post #4 of 7
Yes, Schiit asgard is very good amplifier for low impedance headphone, ideal for Grado and ATH. But problem is your headphones which you have does not need any amp. From Gr07 to a100, please do not waste time and money, hopefully, it will help your cans sing better, however, I tend to believe you will be happier, if you buy a new headphone, may be d7000. 

Moreover, i dun know that you use the Schiit for your DAP or desktop system but remember your DAPs does not have Line out - Cowon or Else ?

from voz :D 

Jun 8, 2012 at 4:19 PM Post #5 of 7
Quote:
I'm not sure which headphones that you'll be pairing with. Of course the "pairing" is the real key as different headphones have a certain "synergy" with certain amps. You can check out my last post in the review in my signature. It describes my impressions of the Asgard with the headphones that I own.

gL!!

omg i have just read your thread and feel how lucky i am because i using the Denon A100s and the D5000s(selling). I had a problem with the D5000s when i heard them initially(plz read about it at here if you want)
oh, i almost thought that the D5000s is far worse than the A100s or my new D5000s have bugs or etc. Now, according to your posts, i think that i have to try both of Denon headphones with an amp and commenting ultimately
redface.gif
. every fullsize really need an amp
thank you

Jun 8, 2012 at 4:31 PM Post #6 of 7
Quote:
I looked into the M Stage for my first headphone amp.  It looks really nice, got good reviews,  and the price is right.

Then I started hearing about Schiit Audio.  I like how the company is just two industry veterans designing and building products in the US.  So I bought an Asgard and it rocks.

Really though, all of the options you're looking at are well regarded pieces of equipment.  Don't forget to try to match the specs of your headphones to the specs of the amp.

umm, according to Mike in Headfonia, he said that the M-stage has more power and the Asgard has more refined(defined?), so i thought i should weed out the m-stage. Just torn between the Asgard and the Dynalo now. Anyway, thank you so much
smile.gif

Jun 8, 2012 at 4:39 PM Post #7 of 7
Quote:
Yes, Schiit asgard is very good amplifier for low impedance headphone, ideal for Grado and ATH. But problem is your headphones which you have does not need any amp. From Gr07 to a100, please do not waste time and money, hopefully, it will help your cans sing better, however, I tend to believe you will be happier, if you buy a new headphone, may be d7000. 

Moreover, i dun know that you use the Schiit for your DAP or desktop system but remember your DAPs does not have Line out - Cowon or Else ?

from voz :D 

oh thank you, my dear fellow. But i will purchase a new pair of headphone latter. But now i need a good first entry amp indeed
wink_face.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back