Schiit Asgard 3 - Impressions Thread
Oct 6, 2020 at 10:38 AM Post #1,442 of 2,857
After reading through this thread I decided to order the A3 to pair up with my LCD-2.2 (pre-fazor).These older LCD's are harder to drive than the current fazored versions,but I just like the organic lush sound they make.Hoping the A3 has the power and synergy to make em sound dynamic with nice punchy bass.

Last edited:
Oct 6, 2020 at 7:26 PM Post #1,443 of 2,857
After reading through this thread I decided to order the A3 to pair up with my LCD-2.2 (pre-fazor).These older LCD's are harder to drive than the current fazored versions,but I just like the organic lush sound they make.Hoping the A3 has the power and synergy to make em sound dynamic with nice punchy bass.
I've just got an Asgard3 about a month ago, and demo'ed a few open back HP's last week with it including the Audeze's.

I was most impressed with the LCD-2C vs the LCD-2 or LCD-X, and the A3 had plenty on tap to drive them all very nicely, as well as some Senn's and Beyer's.

So yeah, I think you'll be pretty happy with the Asgard, it's great amp.

Oct 7, 2020 at 11:16 PM Post #1,446 of 2,857
What I have found with playing with HiFi equipment in over 50years most problems are created with trying to drive something to loud with not enough power and amps with a noisy floor something the Asgard3 does not suffer from very quite noise floor and more than enough power to cause hearing damage.
I’d almost argue it is too powerful for my HD6xx. I think it sounds better in high-gain at around 12 o’clock on the volume pot... but that’s way way to loud for me with those headphones. So I insert a Sys between my source and amp and keep it at around 9. I know I’m a weirdo who is breaking every HiFi rule by doing that - but it makes me happy. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

Oct 8, 2020 at 11:53 AM Post #1,448 of 2,857
Asgard 3 is great because it sounds great with LCD2 and HD650. Very versatile while still performing amazing.
I’d almost argue it is too powerful for my HD6xx. I think it sounds better in high-gain at around 12 o’clock on the volume pot... but that’s way way to loud for me with those headphones. So I insert a Sys between my source and amp and keep it at around 9. I know I’m a weirdo who is breaking every HiFi rule by doing that - but it makes me happy. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:
I use mine only in hi-gain, between 11:00 and 1:00 depending on the disc, through HiFiMAN HE400i's and it sounds great to my ears. I find lo-gain totally useless in my setup. To each their own-as they say???

Oct 8, 2020 at 12:05 PM Post #1,449 of 2,857
Question, is the Asgard 3 overkill if I only plan to use it for the Fidelio X2 and pre-amping JBL LSR 305 powered speakers? As in, legit overkill to the point where I wouldn't hear any sound improvements over, say, my current Fulla 2.

Oct 8, 2020 at 5:21 PM Post #1,452 of 2,857
Question, is the Asgard 3 overkill if I only plan to use it for the Fidelio X2 and pre-amping JBL LSR 305 powered speakers? As in, legit overkill to the point where I wouldn't hear any sound improvements over, say, my current Fulla 2.

Volume adjustment and channel tracking would be better on Asgard 3 vs Fulla 2 (Alps RK27 Blue Beauty 27mm pot vs 9mm, respectively). When the Fidelio X2 eventually fails, or you want to try something else, the Asgard 3 will be able to drive it (except for electrostatics).

I have compared Asgard 2 against both Magni 3+ and Magni Heresy, and find that I prefer the Asgard 2. Asgard 3 pending.

If you have a setup such as a CD or DVD player with both toslink (optical) and coaxial digital outputs, and can hear the difference between the two interfaces (using same source and DAC) then most likely you would also be able to tell the difference between a discrete amp like Asgard vs an IC-based one like Fulla 2.

Last edited:
Oct 8, 2020 at 5:58 PM Post #1,453 of 2,857
Volume adjustment and channel tracking would be better on Asgard 3 vs Fulla 2 (Alps RK27 Blue Beauty 27mm pot vs 9mm, respectively). When the Fidelio X2 eventually fails, or you want to try something else, the Asgard 3 will be able to drive it (except for electrostatics).

I have compared Asgard 2 against both Magni 3+ and Magni Heresy, and find that I prefer the Asgard 2. Asgard 3 pending.
I had a Magni 3+ and really liked it but prefer my Asgard 2. I just don't see any reason to give up the Asgard 2. My HD650's pair up well with it.

Oct 8, 2020 at 8:08 PM Post #1,454 of 2,857
I had a Magni 3+ and really liked it but prefer my Asgard 2. I just don't see any reason to give up the Asgard 2. My HD650's pair up well with it.

+1 on Asgard vs Magni 3 series if one is OK with the price difference, IMHO.

OP has a Fulla 2 now, was asking about potential upgrade to Asgard 3, but is in Europe???, so shipping back and forth under 15 day trial might be a bit expensive.

Oct 8, 2020 at 10:33 PM Post #1,455 of 2,857
Beside more power and better upgrade capability of the of the Asgard 3 compared to Asgard 2. Off of the SE output does Asgard 3 sound better than the Asgard 2 at equal volume and same source + songs?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back