Schiit Asgard 3 - Impressions Thread
May 25, 2021 at 6:34 AM Post #2,086 of 2,863
Is it possible to use a iphone-CCA-usb directly into the daccard in asgard? or must it be a PC etc?

May 25, 2021 at 7:09 AM Post #2,087 of 2,863
Is it possible to use a iphone-CCA-usb directly into the daccard in asgard? or must it be a PC etc?
While waiting others to reply, for proper solution..

My Suggestion actually you can try for iPhone DAC dongle, with Mini to RCA cable.. that's is a simple solution, SQ wise, you need to try & found out yourself if it suits you..

May 25, 2021 at 9:15 AM Post #2,088 of 2,863
I know for sure it works with Bifrost2 (iPhone11->LightningToUSB->USB A-B cable->Bifrost2) without issue.

IIRC it also works with the internal multibit DAC card. I don’t know about the internal D/S DAC card, but I believe it should work with that as well.

What might happen is that the iPhone detects too high a power draw from the connected device (the USB transceiver in the DAC). If so it should work by connecting through a powered USB hub.

May 31, 2021 at 11:18 AM Post #2,090 of 2,863
The staging increase...
20210531_215616.jpg

Last edited:
May 31, 2021 at 5:22 PM Post #2,091 of 2,863
It works with Android devices, so I imagine that it probably will.

Jun 2, 2021 at 12:11 AM Post #2,092 of 2,863
Been a while since I give impression, here we go
with parameter as following,

Cans I used is IEM CFA SOLARIS classic
Source to compare :

Config A :
- Laptop using Audirvana (upscaling 2x or 4x), & flac song (PCM max to 192 khz)
- DAC / AMP : ASGARD 3 with MultiBit (DAC build in). low gain
Impression : No hiss... amazed... Tonality a bit or tends to bright for my taste. Intimate staging presentation, Flat soundstage.
Good & detail subbass, Slam mid bass, a bit recess male vocal still detail, very clear female vocal, a bit extend Presence, quite edgy spark brilliance... in term of separation, I find this config is better then the other one.

The Multibit DAC reminds me or R2R DAC, in term of grainy sound, IMO.. but I dont have R2R DAC equipment with me now. so based on memory.
WhatsApp Image 2021-06-02 at 10.38.35.jpeg

Config B :
- Laptop using Audirvana (upscaling 2x or 4x), & flac song (PCM up to 768 kHz)
- DAC : E30 with LPS P50.
- AMP : ASGARD 3 (AMP only, RCA). low gain
My impression : Louder sound, assuming I get the volume pot on the same level & no HISS...
Tonality wise, seem more Neutral then config A. with puncier mid Bass, & decent subBass. I find the Vocal / Mid more less the same. The High, I find the Brilliance is a bit smoother (Solaris seems less sparks).
Technicality wise, This config give better depth soundtage (but same in Weight and height).

WhatsApp Image 2021-06-02 at 10.38.35 (1).jpeg

After the test, I get more impression on the DAC difference. I will update this again, when My A50s arrived, just to get a bit benchmark more on the AMP side.

And if we talk only about DAC/AMP ASGARD 3 Multibit, somehow I find (& told before), you will get 3 (or more) difference tonality, with just changing from lo to hi gain, IMO..
I did experience this at the beginning. and I prefer the lo gain, where the music seems more laid back, and relax...

Supposed to be with Headphone.. but I just want to highlight that, with the noissy IEM, ASGARD 3 can execute very well, even better then DAP... that I can say (even compare with my DX300, a slight hiss is still noticeable ).

edit : Pre heat is required for DAC MultiBit, around 5 - 30 minutes... if not pre heat, the sound sig will be cold and clinical... IMO...

Last edited:
Jun 29, 2021 at 12:57 AM Post #2,093 of 2,863
Does anyone here have used any ART or AD Audio technica headphones with A3? How is the pairing?

Jun 29, 2021 at 4:40 AM Post #2,094 of 2,863
Does anyone here have used any ART or AD Audio technica headphones with A3? How is the pairing?
The ATH-ADX5000 and ATH-WP900 are both awesome pairings with the A3 from my experience.

Jul 2, 2021 at 12:25 AM Post #2,095 of 2,863
Anyone knows why Asgard 3 ships in 6-8 weeks? Will there be a date in where it ships faster?
What a shame that I have to pay like 60 usd shipping +60 usd import taxes and it takes too long to ship

Jul 2, 2021 at 9:48 AM Post #2,096 of 2,863
Anyone knows why Asgard 3 ships in 6-8 weeks? Will there be a date in where it ships faster?
What a shame that I have to pay like 60 usd shipping +60 usd import taxes and it takes too long to ship
My guess - supply chain issues. Lead times for raw materials and manufactured components across almost all industries are ridiculously long at the moment.

I'd keep an eye on the classifieds / second hand market if you're wanting to pick one up in the near future but unsure where you're located so shipping may still be an issue.

Jul 4, 2021 at 5:13 PM Post #2,097 of 2,863
Not knowing where you are, but there is a retail operation in Europe: https://www.schiit-europe.com/

No extra import tax if you live in the EU, but of course, the VAT applies. Shipping should be much cheaper than USD 60/- too.

Jul 5, 2021 at 2:00 AM Post #2,099 of 2,863
I bought one in April. An Asgard 3 with a Multibit card, 230 V ... It shipped in 3 hours.

The answer to your question would depend on a dozen or so components. Any one of them, a problem, the entire unit is not ready.

Jul 5, 2021 at 8:41 AM Post #2,100 of 2,863
I bought one in April. An Asgard 3 with a Multibit card, 230 V ... It shipped in 3 hours.

The answer to your question would depend on a dozen or so components. Any one of them, a problem, the entire unit is not ready.
The page itself sayd that the card A3 ships like in 3 days, but the non cards ones in 3-6 weeks

Users who are viewing this thread

Back