Saving Equalized Songs to iPod(Bump up mids/vocals on ATH-M50s)
Aug 17, 2011 at 5:05 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

Player1josh46

100+ Head-Fier
So as many people have said the M50s have recessed mids. I initially didn't know what that meant cause I didn't know all that audiophile stuff until now. I find myself liking the vocals to stand out rather than it to be more towards bass. The M50s are great but I did really want the mids to be better. So I got the EQ3 app for my iPod and tried it out and quite liked it. It made certain songs sound the way I preferred them and I enjoyed it(Only problem was there was slight distortion, but that can be forgiven.) My question is that is there an equalizer app or the EQ3 app that can save a particular song the way I want it to my song library without making all the songs have higher mids which doesn't suit all the genres I listen to? Thank You.

Player1josh46
dt880smile.png

Aug 17, 2011 at 6:03 PM Post #3 of 7

Quote:
Heya,

Equalizing an M50.

Wanna talk about new headphones to get?
wink_face.gif

Very best,

I have to make the best out of the M50s cause I do like them alot and I have no money to buy new ones. They actually showed me my preference of more mids and less bass. I'm clearly not a basshead and these headphones showed me that. I can get the songs I want more vocals and mids with an equalizer app and they sound just the way I like them but there must be a way to save that to my library so it can overwrite the version of that song that had recessed mids. If I had known I probably would have got headphones suited to my tastes but at the time I didn't know. The M50s were touted as 5 star headphones that did almost everything great for their price at least in SQ. Consider this: I was one of those people who's friends all got beats by dre and I was almost gonna get studios for $550(colorware). I just want to know if theres an equalizer that can save the new version of a song I like.

Aug 18, 2011 at 2:06 PM Post #5 of 7
Equalizing songs to sound good on your headphones is a BAD idea.

It is better to equalize your headphones than the songs. Use the search to find a thread on how to eq your headphones. Unless you know how to properly master a song, it's best to leave the music alone.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back