Satin Audio Feedback & Discussion Thread
Oct 6, 2019 at 1:42 AM Post #16 of 162
Satin Audio Athena 8-wire review is up!

Just an awesome palladium-plated pure silver cable for far less money than some other flagship cables out there. This one does some nice things with the bass response :)

https://headfonics.com/2019/10/satin-audio-athena-review/

DSCF1893.jpg

Awesome review Marcus, very insightful with great comparisons as we have come to expect. I’m all in for one of these!

-Collin-

Oct 6, 2019 at 5:41 AM Post #17 of 162
Awesome review Marcus, very insightful with great comparisons as we have come to expect. I’m all in for one of these!

-Collin-

Thanks Collin!

Oct 7, 2019 at 4:48 PM Post #20 of 162
Any idea when you guys will have the Canary review done? Seems like this cable would be a prime candidate for it. That's what I'm considering the cable for anyway :)

-Collin-

I believe sometime around Black Friday.

Oct 17, 2019 at 7:07 AM Post #22 of 162
Here is my take on 8-wire SA Athena!!! Indeed, a great premium cable with premium material at not-so-premium price :wink:

satin_audio-athena-01.jpg satin_audio-athena-05.jpg satin_audio-athena-08.jpg satin_audio-athena-19.jpg

Nov 2, 2019 at 5:28 PM Post #23 of 162
I just received my Satin Athena 4-wire and am highly impressed with it. I purchased it to pair with my Earsonics Grace in an effort to find some treble sparkle, keep the vast stage dimensions and provide a nice, clean bass. I can say that the cable has achieved that and I'm blown away by the appearance, comfort and build quality for the price. I haven't heard the Leo II, but the Athena sure has delivered. The vocals and bass have a very realistic feel to them and while I don't expect huge changes with a cable, I can very clearly hear the difference between this cable and the PW silver-plated copper I had on prior. This just sounds so realistic and open. I opted for the Pentacon OFC connector and newest gun barrel 2-pins and everything is top notch. Here are some photos:

IMG_20191102_140512.jpg

IMG_20191102_140638.jpg

IMG_20191102_140556.jpg

Now I want the 8-wire!

-Collin-

Nov 2, 2019 at 5:31 PM Post #24 of 162
I just received my Satin Athena 4-wire and am highly impressed with it. I purchased it to pair with my Earsonics Grace in an effort to find some treble sparkle, keep the vast stage dimensions and provide a nice, clean bass. I can say that the cable has achieved that and I'm blown away by the appearance, comfort and build quality for the price. I haven't heard the Leo II, but the Athena sure has delivered. The vocals and bass have a very realistic feel to them and while I don't expect huge changes with a cable, I can very clearly hear the difference between this cable and the PW silver-plated copper I had on prior. This just sounds so realistic and open. I opted for the Pentacon OFC connector and newest gun barrel 2-pins and everything is top notch. Here are some photos:

Now I want the 8-wire!

-Collin-

See now I knew you would be happy with that cable :)

Nov 9, 2019 at 10:11 AM Post #26 of 162
@Deezel177 Hey Daniel, I noticed your Satin cables also came with the leather clasp that says "Oriolus" on them. I thought this was just Satin's subtle way of helping me with my cable pairing drama and hinting that I should use these on my Oriolus :)

Any info behind this? Maybe they just got a supply of those nice leather clasps from Oriolus? Seems kind of random, but no complaints here!

-Collin-

Nov 9, 2019 at 12:04 PM Post #27 of 162
@Deezel177 Hey Daniel, I noticed your Satin cables also came with the leather clasp that says "Oriolus" on them. I thought this was just Satin's subtle way of helping me with my cable pairing drama and hinting that I should use these on my Oriolus :)

Any info behind this? Maybe they just got a supply of those nice leather clasps from Oriolus? Seems kind of random, but no complaints here!

-Collin-

Yeah, I never really asked them about it. I just assumed they had the same OEM. I'll run it by them when I get the chance, though, which shouldn't be too long from now considering my upcoming Athena review. :wink:

Dec 13, 2019 at 2:18 AM Post #29 of 162
I just got Athena 4x + Pentaconn OFC 4.4mm for my customed AAW AXH and totally impressed, all new experiment i've never had before!
Soundstage and detailed improve so much, specially there's no sibilance - the thing that i'm so afraid when combine AXH with a cable full of silver. The bass when i play chillout music is also nice and smooth.
I can say this: my AXH seems to be reborn with Athena
Good job Satin Audio :laughing:
80394681_2918067444871570_1857578526660624384_o.jpg

Dec 23, 2019 at 3:04 PM Post #30 of 162
I am a happy new owner of an Athena 8 wire, and this cable is insane! I am absolutely blown away, by the performance of this cable. I am using it with my Noble K10U, and this pairing is incredible. The Athena cable is like adding a really good tube amp in the chain, and took my K10U to a completely new level of performance. With the Athena connected to my K10U, it is literally like a new dimension has opened up and things really became 3d like. The depth and height of the soundstage has increased, and sounds explode all around my head, coming from a completely black background. The bass hits hard and digs super deep, and the mids have this amazing euphonic texture, with the best vocals I have ever heard, and the highs have the perfect amount of sparkle for my taste. Words to describe the overall sound would be, organic/natural and powerful yet still resolving. This cable is worth every penny, and could make anyone a believer.

I just read what I wrote and it sounds like I might be exaggerating, but I am not. :wink: Pictures coming soon, once Photobucket starts working again.

Noble K10U + Satin Audio Athena 8 wire = ENDGAME :ksc75smile:

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back