Satin Audio Feedback & Discussion Thread
Jan 31, 2020 at 3:28 AM Post #46 of 162
Hyperion 8 wire in the house! :ksc75smile: Really nice packaging job, and everything is top notch. Really an amazing value, and just can't be beat. The wire is stunning looking in person. Also, the new hardware is very nice, and is a big step up from the original silver colored hardware, and is just as nice as the Eidolic stuff. A cable of this kind of quality, would cost a lot more from many other companies. I have it connected to my Noble Savant II, and I am only 2 hours in and loving what I am hearing.

I've just checked the website. Is it really only US$100.50 for an 8 wire cable? Would you consider this a budget entry level cable or would it equate to something like the Thor Silver II ?

Jan 31, 2020 at 5:14 AM Post #47 of 162
I've just checked the website. Is it really only US$100.50 for an 8 wire cable? Would you consider this a budget entry level cable or would it equate to something like the Thor Silver II ?
Easily competes with much higher priced offerings. This cable could cost $300 or more, from some other companies.

Jan 31, 2020 at 5:38 AM Post #48 of 162
Easily competes with much higher priced offerings. This cable could cost $300 or more, from some other companies.

As soon as you can get a flavour of the sound sig, can you do a short review of the Hyperion 8 wire?

Jan 31, 2020 at 5:54 AM Post #49 of 162
As soon as you can get a flavour of the sound sig, can you do a short review of the Hyperion 8 wire?
I will definitely post my impressions after burn in. I can already tell you I am so impressed, I just placed an order for the same cable with mmcx for my Lyra II. At that price, you can't lose.

Jan 31, 2020 at 6:35 AM Post #50 of 162
I will definitely post my impressions after burn in. I can already tell you I am so impressed, I just placed an order for the same cable with mmcx for my Lyra II. At that price, you can't lose.

The 8 wire works out at approx £80 for me. At that price it might be worth a purchase regardless. If it isn't to my taste I'm sure I could sell it on here.

Jan 31, 2020 at 8:01 AM Post #51 of 162
The 8 wire works out at approx £80 for me. At that price it might be worth a purchase regardless. If it isn't to my taste I'm sure I could sell it on here.
My thoughts exactly. :ksc75smile: If you do decide to buy one and it isn't your taste, I will buy it. :wink:

Last edited:
Jan 31, 2020 at 9:07 AM Post #52 of 162
Ha ha, it would cost as much in postage and fees as the cable is worth to send from UK to US :smile_phones:

Ok, probably not quite as much but possibly a 1/4 of the price. I blame brexit.

Jan 31, 2020 at 9:25 AM Post #53 of 162
Look how beautiful this wire is! The pictures don't even do this cable justice. :ksc75smile:

Satin Audio Hyperion 8 wire

BVmhxIOl.jpg
eTSRaOfl.jpg
NOJVUsml.jpg
h8Mnb2cl.jpg

Jan 31, 2020 at 9:47 AM Post #55 of 162

You do know the Hyperion is a SPC cable while Thor Silver II is pure silver right? There is a big difference in price for silver vs spc hardware.

Jan 31, 2020 at 9:56 AM Post #56 of 162
@Wes S nice cable you got and seems like a pretty incredible value. Can I ask how long it took to get from order to arrival in TX?

cheers!

-Collin-
Thanks Collin! The cable sounds as good as it looks. I placed my order on the 8th, and chose the cheaper shipping option, and got the cable yesterday. On their website, Satin states 7-10 working days, and they shipped the cable on the 10th day from purchase. I communicated with Satin through Facebook, and they were very responsive to my questions, and answered them all within minutes. All in all, an amazing experience, compared to lots of other cable makers. All other companies should take note, of what Satin is doing. I am a fan, and will be buying a few more of their offerings, very soon. I am really wanting to get a full sized headphone cable from them, for my ZMF cans. I will report back, with a mini review of the Hyperion 8 wire, after I spend some more time with it. I will say, that the first things that jump out as far as sound profile goes, is the bass got stronger, deeper, and tighter with more texture, and the mids and highs got clearer with more air and headroom, while staying smooth and fatigue free. If you are looking to increase the bass performance, and sound stage, this cable will do the trick.

Happy Listening,

Wes

Last edited:
Jan 31, 2020 at 9:57 AM Post #57 of 162
You do know the Hyperion is a SPC cable while Thor Silver II is pure silver right? There is a big difference in price for silver vs spc hardware.
This is true, and compared to other spc offerings of this caliber, the price from Satin Audio is insanely cheap, and a killer value.

Last edited:
Jan 31, 2020 at 12:49 PM Post #58 of 162

My mistake. I must of glossed over the fact it was an SPC and not silver.

Jan 31, 2020 at 1:15 PM Post #59 of 162
My mistake. I must of glossed over the fact it was an SPC and not silver.
Satin's all silver cable is called the Medusa, and they just released version 2, which looks amazing and is still priced really affordable.

Jan 31, 2020 at 5:45 PM Post #60 of 162
This is true, and compared to other spc offerings of this caliber, the price from Satin Audio is insanely cheap, and a killer value.

Do you think it would be a step up from a stock SPC? I’m thinking specifically the 64 Audio premier SPC that is supplied with the IEMs.

Also, the Medusa II looks good. I see that you can also get it in 6 or 8 wires.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back