Satin Audio Feedback & Discussion Thread
Dec 24, 2019 at 11:09 AM Post #31 of 162
Here is my portable endgame. Satin Audio Athena & Noble K10U :ksc75smile:

4PMTl2Kh.jpg

Jan 8, 2020 at 5:11 PM Post #32 of 162
Loving my Athena 8 wire so much, that I just placed an order for another Satin Audio cable. I have a Hyperion 8 wire on the way, and can't wait to hear one of their lower priced offerings. I paid a total of $125 for an 8 wire litz super pure spc occ cable, and that price is incredible. :ksc75smile: I will report back after I take delivery, on how it sounds.

I just wanted to give this thread some more love, as Satin Audio really deserves more attention for selling high quality cables, at really amazing prices.

Thanks to Satin and keep up the amazing work!

Jan 8, 2020 at 5:58 PM Post #33 of 162
can't wait to hear one of their lower priced offerings

I recently picked up the Griffin 4.4 / 2pin - and it is the best copper cable I've tried yet with my Fibae7. @Deezel177 wasn't kidding when he called these entry level offerings from Satin the "New Standards" . What's more, the insulation seems to be PET which is more resistant to sweat, etc. These cables should not turn to raw spaghetti after 6 months.

Jan 8, 2020 at 6:08 PM Post #34 of 162
I recently picked up the Griffin 4.4 / 2pin - and it is the best copper cable I've tried yet with my Fibae7. @Deezel177 wasn't kidding when he called these entry level offerings from Satin the "New Standards" . What's more, the insulation seems to be PET which is more resistant to sweat, etc. These cables should not turn to raw spaghetti after 6 months.
Yes sir! I plan on getting every cable they make, eventually. Medusa 2 is next, on my list.

Last edited:
Jan 8, 2020 at 6:57 PM Post #36 of 162
Just got yesterday the Medusa 2, great cable, love the new gunmetal hardware, a big increase in quality.
Great to hear! I like the look of the new hardware, and look forward to seeing it in person. Did you go with 4 wire?

Jan 9, 2020 at 8:17 AM Post #38 of 162
Yes,
4 wire, since I mostly listen to music while I commute, I prefer to use a lighter cable.
Cool! I totally get going for the lighter version, for commuting. I only use my 8 wire Athena, when sitting at my desk, because of the weight. The Hyperion is 28awg, so I am thinking the 8 wire version of this cable will be a bit lighter weight and better for my commuting.

Last edited:
Jan 13, 2020 at 1:05 PM Post #40 of 162
My new Satin Chimera cable for HD800 (black color mod) with very nice sleeve. I will update their new products to #1 when i have time, couldn’t agree more with @Wes S . Satin Audio really deserves more attention for selling quality cables at really good prices.

Nice man! I have a feeling that Satin Audio, is going to become super popular in 2020. They keep moving in the right direction, with improved parts, and their wire is top notch.

Jan 13, 2020 at 8:38 PM Post #41 of 162
Jan 16, 2020 at 8:46 AM Post #42 of 162
Satin Audio just posted a picture of my cable on Facebook! I am super stoked to get this amazing looking cable. Have a look at the new packaging and cable strap, with the new hardware. This company is about to take off!

Satin Audio Hyperion 8 wire, on it's way to me. :ksc75smile:
yFXniAth.jpg

Jan 18, 2020 at 10:36 AM Post #43 of 162
I am very impressed with the quality and performance of the Medusa. This would not look out of place beside something like the Thor II from EA.

https://headfonics.com/2019/07/satin-audio-medusa-review/

DSCF0605.jpg

That was a good review. You mentioned there that the Medusa paired well with the 64 Audio tia Trio. Are you able to comment on this pairing further, and perhaps also how the Medusa would differ to the stock SPC cable that the Trio comes with?

Jan 18, 2020 at 10:45 AM Post #44 of 162
That was a good review. You mentioned there that the Medusa paired well with the 64 Audio tia Trio. Are you able to comment on this pairing further, and perhaps also how the Medusa would differ to the stock SPC cable that the Trio comes with?

Yeah pretty easy - defined by dynamic range over the stock cable which sounds compressed in comparison to the Athena.

Jan 30, 2020 at 9:12 PM Post #45 of 162
Hyperion 8 wire in the house! :ksc75smile: Really nice packaging job, and everything is top notch. Really an amazing value, and just can't be beat. The wire is stunning looking in person. Also, the new hardware is very nice, and is a big step up from the original silver colored hardware, and is just as nice as the Eidolic stuff. A cable of this kind of quality, would cost a lot more from many other companies. I have it connected to my Noble Savant II, and I am only 2 hours in and loving what I am hearing.
bproFtL.jpg

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back