SASH Deux & Tres; impressive planars from Ukraine
Jan 10, 2023 at 7:28 PM Post #783 of 1,214
Screenshot_20230111_112201_USB Audio Player PRO.jpg

EQ has been updated 😁👍. Now this is sounding much much better. Filled in that little slope from 1.3k to 3.8k. Brought up low shelf to 75hz. And adjusted peaks at 4200, 6200 and 8400. My eq is not perfect. I know Oratory would do a better job. But I'll admit, this is sounding spectacular 👌. The Clear MG, LCD-X, HEDDphone have nothing on this. This sounds amazing 😁. If anyone tries it, let me know what you think or what you'd adjust

Jan 11, 2023 at 8:04 PM Post #785 of 1,214
That is quite a subtle EQ except for the bass-boost.
I got 5dB @80hz Q 0.9 for my 16ohm tres and nothing else.
It is subtle, I didn't want to make a massive change to the stock tuning. As I do feel it is tuned beautifully, close to a reference style tuning. But I do feel this eq helps bring out a little more the Tres 45 has to offer without changing too much. That slope between 1.3k to 3.8k I wanted to bring up especially between 2k to 3.8k. I feel low mids just come forward a bit making the Tres a little less U shape. I didn't want to touch upper mids as I prefer a more warmer, laid back upper mids. Headphones like the Clear, Clear MG, Arya, HD800s. They have the upper mids boosted and I just don't rock with that

Jan 15, 2023 at 9:31 AM Post #786 of 1,214
Hello all you guys, so I've been thinking of getting the 45ohm version but understand my portable setup will not push it, so I am looking at different options and was hoping you guys could give a few suggestions.
I don't really like tubes (prefer neutral, without any roll off of frequency)
I also avoid certain companies, specifically companies with large marketing teams (chord,audioquest, Cambridge)
Heard alot about schiit but also heard alot of bad so im fairly curious what you guys recommend
I guess it should be in the budget range

Jan 15, 2023 at 11:34 AM Post #787 of 1,214
Hello all you guys, so I've been thinking of getting the 45ohm version but understand my portable setup will not push it, so I am looking at different options and was hoping you guys could give a few suggestions.
I also avoid certain companies, specifically companies with large marketing teams (chord,audioquest, Cambridge)
Heard alot about schiit but also heard alot of bad so im fairly curious what you guys recommend
I recommend Violectric V222. It has 3500 mW at 50 Ohm

Jan 15, 2023 at 11:53 AM Post #788 of 1,214
Jan 15, 2023 at 12:04 PM Post #789 of 1,214
I'm waiting the 45ohm version too. For the amp, I think I'm gonna go with topping a30pro or topping L70. Both have a good price and a lot of power

Jan 16, 2023 at 3:53 PM Post #791 of 1,214
Hi guys, i am just getting quite curious about this brand. I understand the tres45 is the totl model to buy for a desk top set up. My wells milo has ample power at 16 or 45 ohm. Is 45ohm model the least bright of the 2? How long a typical lead times at the moment?

Thanks in advance.
Based on what I learned here and what Sasha told me, the 45 ohm is brighter and not necessarily better than the 16 ohm version which is supposed to be bassier. So they are just different models. In fact, I am in the process of ordering the 16 ohm model even though I already own the 45 ohm one. Someone said they own both and prefer the original 16 ohm version. So I guess it depends on your preferences.

I would say the lead time is about 2 months. And the shipping time varies. You should also take into account the war situation.

Jan 16, 2023 at 4:17 PM Post #792 of 1,214
I have the Monolith THX 887 and it's a great amp. Has more power than I could possibly need even for the tres 45 which are by far my hardest to drive headphone. For $299 I don't think you can get a better amp.

Jan 16, 2023 at 4:18 PM Post #793 of 1,214
I have sold off my Tres 16ohm, did try out the 45ohm this last weekend. From memory it is very much the same, it was not on my usual gear. From memory I enjoyed the original version better.
This is still a headphone that packs some very good sound for the money, sold it to fund something else. Must admit I regret now, if I get a good bonus this summer I probably going to get a pair again.

Jan 16, 2023 at 4:22 PM Post #794 of 1,214
Hi guys, i am just getting quite curious about this brand. I understand the tres45 is the totl model to buy for a desk top set up. My wells milo has ample power at 16 or 45 ohm. Is 45ohm model the least bright of the 2? How long a typical lead times at the moment?

Thanks in advance.
45 is brighter than 16ohm but i wouldnt say they are offensively bright. If you're willing to use an EQ I would recommend the 45s just because they do a lot of stuff better than the 16 ohms. In a situation where you can't EQ the 16ohm are easier on the ears. I also hate bright sounding headphones which is why I don't own any hifiman lol.

Both my sets were almost exactly 8 weeks til they were ready to be shipped which is what I believe Sasha quotes when you order.

Jan 16, 2023 at 4:55 PM Post #795 of 1,214
45 is brighter than 16ohm but i wouldnt say they are offensively bright. If you're willing to use an EQ I would recommend the 45s just because they do a lot of stuff better than the 16 ohms. In a situation where you can't EQ the 16ohm are easier on the ears. I also hate bright sounding headphones which is why I don't own any hifiman lol.

Both my sets were almost exactly 8 weeks til they were ready to be shipped which is what I believe Sasha quotes when you order.
In what aspect does the 45 ohm do better than the 16ohm? I have no issues using eq is. I often read the tres being compared to audeze being planars and all. But has anyone compared tres to say a fostex th909.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back