SASH Deux & Tres; impressive planars from Ukraine
Jan 5, 2023 at 5:01 AM Post #766 of 1,218
But is there any fr graph out there?
I haven't found many, was thinking of buying the 45ohm version also, but figured since I will probably need a better amp and can't see the fr graph, I might as well wait a bit until someone makes one.

Jan 5, 2023 at 9:41 AM Post #767 of 1,218
20230105_153634.jpg

old grill, new grill

Jan 5, 2023 at 10:45 AM Post #769 of 1,218
I think it is a matter of taste. Personally I llike the old grills better

Jan 5, 2023 at 7:48 PM Post #770 of 1,218
Is it me. Or does the Tres have this quality of making music just sound so much clearer? I been going back and forth with different headphones and the Tres just makes things so much cleaner and crisp sounding. This is without eq. Like compared to similar tuned headphones such as some Audeze, Hifimans and etc. Theres something about the Tres that brings this certain effortless clarity. Type O Negative has never sounded so good before in headphones. EQ only makes this quality of the Tres 45 even more apparent. I don't know how to explain it. But headphones like the Arya, HD800/HD800s, Focal Clear, Austrian Audio HI-X65. They have this clarity to them but it's due to tuning. The Tres is not as bright but has this quality. I am able to just hear layers and layers of the music so effortlessly

Jan 8, 2023 at 8:11 PM Post #772 of 1,218
It reminds me of Meze empyrean. Of course Tres is more balanced because Meze has a midbass hump and uneven treble. Midrange tonality is very similar.
Maybe we can use Oratarys eq for the Meze Empyrean with some slight adjustments. But truth is the Tres 45 doesn't really need much eq. A low shelf at 70 - 80hz to bring the lowest of sub bass up while still maintaining a clean low end. And what else really? I brought up the range from 2650 - 3650 up by a few db and then brought down a few dips here and there. Any other recs I could try out? To me this eq sounds great. I just wonder if there is any room for improvement. I personally am happy with it. Also I quickly checked graphs of the Empyrean and Elite. To my eye, it seems the Tres 45 is closer to the Elite. You'll see there is not much difference between Elite and Empyrean apart from the Empyrean having more mid bass bloom and bleed into the mids and also the Elite having a touch more upper mids and less dip between 4600 and 7k, just like the Tres 45. But yet, I still feel the Tres 45 is better tuned, even compared to the Elite 🤔
Screenshot_20230109_124503_USB Audio Player PRO.jpg

Last edited:
Jan 10, 2023 at 1:27 AM Post #774 of 1,218
Well I had to. Did another listening session. This time.

Contenders.
Focal Clear MG.
Audeze LCD-X 2021.
HEDDphone

Vs

Sash Tres 45 Ohm.
20230110_125951.jpg

20230110_132938.jpg

20230110_145722.jpg

The Tres 45 just surprise me more and more. While I have already listened to all these headphones. This time I just had to really dig deep into my music library. Well that was an amazing 8 hour listening session.

Gear used.
Ifi pro ICAN
Ifi Pro IDSD

Focal Clear MG
Immediatly I'll say. The Clear MG is not my headphone of choice. While it certainly is an amazing can. I did not click with the sound signature. Yes there was amazing clarity, and the dynamic slam is great. It sounded shouty and forceful at times. Going back and forth, the Tres has all yhe detail, clarity while just being so effortless, smooth and I could just lay back and listen and yet, not feel like I was missing out. Soundstage again, the Tres has the upper hand, when it came to imaging. The Clear MG is extremely pin point, but I felt the Tres 45 had the edge, there was height to it and it just spreaded music all around me with pure emotion. Would I give the Clear MG another go? Maybe. But so far, the Tres 45 is the clear winner for me. Also, when it came to the speed of the driver. I was surprised how quick the Tres is. It certainly has the speed of a 2k planar.

Audeze LCD-X 2021.
Now, this was the one I spent most time with. I'll admit, I am considering getting myself a LCD-X 2021. It is different when compared to the Tres 45. But it is no way better. Only build obviously is a step up. But sound quality wise. The Tres does some things better, and the LCD-X does some things better. And it really comes to personal taste. Soundstage. The Tres 45 is larger. I just feel so much depth in the music and heaps of air. Width is similar but the height on the Tres hands down is larger. Imaging though, they both are on par but due to sound staging, the Tres wins. Detail on both are superb. The Tres does bring more low end texture and detail, I also feel separation is a smidge better. But its hard to beat that Audeze slam. Mids on the LCD-X are more forward but the Tres is still as detailed and they feel thicker and overall emotion comes out more. Do you prefer forward and clear mids or more natural and emotional mids? Overall they both have beautiful mids but I do feel that strings have a slight edge on the Tres. Treble, the LCD-X has a touch more energy up top but I feel the Tres has overall more air. When it comes to detail, it was hard to pick which wins. They both feel similar but it's just presented differently. The LCD-X brings everything to you while the Tres lets you lay back and says, what would you like to hear? But so far, while they both are different. The Tres is my personal pick and the soundstage and imaging just win me over. When it comes to driver speed. The LCD-X is a smidge faster and I do feel this makes them sound more pin point at first, but also due to the soundstage being smaller, it helps with it sounding very exact. But once you get past the soundstage on the Tres 45. You realise that imaging is freaking amazing on them. Surprisingly the LCD-X 2021 leaks more than the Tres 45 🤔, I thought it would be the other way around

HEDDphone.
Ok speed on the HEDDphone. Is fast. Damn fast. Certainly faster than the Tres. But now, it is a headphone that does good on some genres and not so good on others. Do I see myself owning them? Yes. But the tuning is a bit so so. Now they are very amazing headphones at what they can do. Amazing speed. Great detail. They arent fatiguing. And great layering. But they fall short on many other things. Mids can sound wonky and off sometimes. This affects detail too and some songs sound weirdly veild and some sound amazing and so clear. Treble detail is damn good. I'll say it brings out a bit more detail than the Tres. But it can become a bit piercy sometimes. Not fatiguing. But just a touch spikey. Very slightly. Imaging can also be a bit weird. It can be a little blobby sometimes. And sounds seem to merge together a bit. Soundstage is great though, beautiful depth to the music and great sense of width and height. But unfortunately these certain downs make this a headphone that really need to be used for specific genres.

Overall. The Tres 45 is one amazing headphone. And for the price, its mind blowing. I'll try to do another comparison between the HD800s and Arya Stealth next.

Last edited:
Jan 10, 2023 at 1:36 PM Post #778 of 1,218
i just got some pics last night....all you guys in front of me are making me have to wait longer LOL
Sasha typically sends pictures within the first couple days, about halfway through, video towards the end when he's testing the drivers and the final finished pictures a couple days before he ships. That's at least how it was with my 2 sets.

Users who are viewing this thread

• Back