SASH Deux & Tres; impressive planars from Ukraine
Dec 15, 2022 at 8:48 PM Post #691 of 1,214
Are they as detailed? How would you compare the midrange?
sorry for the delay i havent had time to A-B them until tonight. they are not as detailed by a bit and the midrange is a little recessed in comparison.

if detail and mids is your main concern the 45s are going to be the choice. the 16s to me dont do anything offensive to my ears where as the 45s can be a little fatiguing to me on the upper mids/highs, i think you could call the 16s warm/dark. i think a fair comparison would be comparing the HD650 to the HD600.

i listen to a lot of EDM which is why i prefer the 16s.

Dec 15, 2022 at 11:19 PM Post #692 of 1,214
sorry for the delay i havent had time to A-B them until tonight. they are not as detailed by a bit and the midrange is a little recessed in comparison.

if detail and mids is your main concern the 45s are going to be the choice. the 16s to me dont do anything offensive to my ears where as the 45s can be a little fatiguing to me on the upper mids/highs, i think you could call the 16s warm/dark. i think a fair comparison would be comparing the HD650 to the HD600.

i listen to a lot of EDM which is why i prefer the 16s.
I already own the 45ohm version and I like it especially the mid range. But sometimes I feel like I would like a bit more bass. I depends on the song. So the 16ohm version is on my radar. But I don't want to sacrafise the mids and resolution. So I guess I should probably invest in the new RME ADI 2/4 with its DSP features.

Speaking of the bass effect, I also own the GH50 JM MK2 from Kennerton. It's a bass canon, very fun and enjoyable for rock and EDM music. It gives a movie theater sound kind of experience. But it's closed-back with a completely different sound signature than the Sash Tres. And when it comes to the mid range, treble, and resolution, I prefer the Sash Tres which seems more balanced overall.

20221117_235358.jpg

Dec 16, 2022 at 8:45 PM Post #694 of 1,214
I already own the 45ohm version and I like it especially the mid range. But sometimes I feel like I would like a bit more bass. I depends on the song. So the 16ohm version is on my radar. But I don't want to sacrafise the mids and resolution. So I guess I should probably invest in the new RME ADI 2/4 with its DSP features.

Speaking of the bass effect, I also own the GH50 JM MK2 from Kennerton. It's a bass canon, very fun and enjoyable for rock and EDM music. It gives a movie theater sound kind of experience. But it's closed-back with a completely different sound signature than the Sash Tres. And when it comes to the mid range, treble, and resolution, I prefer the Sash Tres which seems more balanced overall.

20221117_235358.jpg
A little eq on the 45s and they have some serious bass. If you're using windows just download peace and use that for free

Dec 17, 2022 at 12:56 AM Post #697 of 1,214
I've never had an audeze but I have a profile for my 45s and they legit have more bass than any other headphone I own. To the point it's sometimes too much. No distortion or anything.
They handle eq amazingly, and the low end can be intense. Very intense. For me a 4db low shelf at 70hz is beyond enough. As to the 16ohm and 45 ohm. Yes the 16ohm has more low end. But with a little eq, you can get that same amount of low end or more on the 45 ohm while also having the more technical driver, so cleaner low end, more clarity and detail. Etc. If you don't have access to eq and a more powerful amp though, the 16 ohm is still an amazing choice 😊

Dec 17, 2022 at 12:59 AM Post #698 of 1,214

20221117_235358.jpg
Do you have access to an eq? All you need is a low shelf of 4db at 70hz or 85 hz. It's beyond enough and you'll keep that clarity and resolution, it's a cheaper option to an amp though a bit more juice would also benefit the driver

Dec 17, 2022 at 6:52 AM Post #699 of 1,214
They handle eq amazingly, and the low end can be intense. Very intense. For me a 4db low shelf at 70hz is beyond enough. As to the 16ohm and 45 ohm. Yes the 16ohm has more low end. But with a little eq, you can get that same amount of low end or more on the 45 ohm while also having the more technical driver, so cleaner low end, more clarity and detail. Etc. If you don't have access to eq and a more powerful amp though, the 16 ohm is still an amazing choice 😊
How much power does the 45ohm version need with a bassy eq? I have the topping l30 II, don't know if it'll be enough to handle it with that eq.

Dec 17, 2022 at 8:46 AM Post #700 of 1,214
How much power does the 45ohm version need with a bassy eq? I have the topping l30 II, don't know if it'll be enough to handle it with that eq.
You need a fair amount of power in general for the Sash tres. I have the Monolith thx 887 and i have to put it on gain 2 about 65% volume to get the 45s to my desired listening levels (mid/high 80db) the 16s take 50% volume for the same level.

Dec 17, 2022 at 8:01 PM Post #703 of 1,214
Oh that's a lot. Without eq is the required power that high?
I use a SMSL SH-9 sometimes to power them and have the output level set at -6.5 And it still gets loud. Usually I'm listening at around 65 to 75 with high gain. The SMSL SH-9 isn't the most powerful amp either. So you should be fine with the Topping l30ii 😊👍

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back