SASH Deux & Tres; impressive planars from Ukraine
Nov 4, 2022 at 2:50 PM Post #661 of 1,214
That looks awesome, really cool

Nov 5, 2022 at 8:49 PM Post #662 of 1,214
Updated EQ with the very open grills.

This sounds absolutely amazing.
Really giving headphones $1500+ and beyond a huge run for what they cost. And debating to myself if I should let some cans go..... Like HOLLY F@CK BALLS.

Mainly just brought up the low shelf by a few db. And brought up 2650, 3100 and 3650 by a few db aswell. The very open grills really give instruments and everything else so much room to breathe. All sounds very effortless with a ton loads of clarity while still having a massive amount of kick

Screenshot_20221106-113915_USB Audio Player PRO.jpg

Nov 14, 2022 at 12:25 PM Post #666 of 1,214
I have a question.
How different is the impact of the bass on 45 ohm version?
I am currently using this EQ boost and i adore the chunky clean bass impact the 16 ohm version provides, but would 45 ohm version be able to provide close to this much impact?
If anyone with both versions could test would me most appreciated.
chonk bass.png

Nov 14, 2022 at 6:50 PM Post #667 of 1,214
My headphone came and they sound incredible. Killing on my 300b tube amp. Using Schiit Lokius for bass gain.

Attachments

• 16684698007965727361470687561597.jpg
    16684698007965727361470687561597.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 0
Nov 14, 2022 at 10:11 PM Post #668 of 1,214
I have a question.
How different is the impact of the bass on 45 ohm version?
I am currently using this EQ boost and i adore the chunky clean bass impact the 16 ohm version provides, but would 45 ohm version be able to provide close to this much impact?
If anyone with both versions could test would me most appreciated.chonk bass.png
I will be able to compare in a few weeks but the 45s with a little bass added in on the low end hit pretty hard IMO.

Nov 15, 2022 at 6:03 AM Post #669 of 1,214
The new grills have arrived. As you can see in the photo. It is much more opened than the stock grills. Light literally shines through the grills haha.

Quick sound impressions.

Overall sound is huge and grand. Heaps of air, noticeable improvement in width, depth, height. The low end also feels much more surrounding.

Apart from soundstage, do you feel that the tonal balance changed with these new honeycomb grills? More treble and/or mid-treble?

Nov 15, 2022 at 3:15 PM Post #670 of 1,214
Apart from soundstage, do you feel that the tonal balance changed with these new honeycomb grills? More treble and/or mid-treble?
I feel overall mids did gain a slight boost. And upper highs past 10k maybe gained a slight boost as well. It sounds a touch brighter but it's not a huge difference. It really just sounds more open and airy. Could it be because the fr changed slightly? Maybe. Could it be because less material behind the driver? Maybe. But do I hear an overall massive change. No. But it does sound larger and more effortless. To put it this way. I am still using eq to up the high mids a bit 😊

Nov 15, 2022 at 4:33 PM Post #672 of 1,214
I feel overall mids did gain a slight boost. And upper highs past 10k maybe gained a slight boost as well. It sounds a touch brighter but it's not a huge difference. It really just sounds more open and airy. Could it be because the fr changed slightly? Maybe. Could it be because less material behind the driver? Maybe. But do I hear an overall massive change. No. But it does sound larger and more effortless. To put it this way. I am still using eq to up the high mids a bit 😊
perfect! thank you
I've done my order two days ago, honeycomb grill and default leather pads, I was wondering if it was worthy to order some additional pads or grills, but I can always try new things later...
I've read almost the entire thread and it's not really clear to me if trebles on Sash Tres are above or below the 'typical Hifiman', but at this point I'll see soon by myself...

Nov 15, 2022 at 5:05 PM Post #675 of 1,214
Hifiman in general are neutral bright but with a hole in upper mids around 1700-2000hz the makes vocals and and other instruments sound muffled, its a trick to make the sense of the soundstage a little bigger.
I had both Arya Stealth and HD800 and Aryas in general ware very bright, the treble overpowered everything, bringing the volume up to compensate for the mids and bass makes treble very fatiguing and very fast, they ware a no go for metal. The only sin HD800 had was the weak bass response, both in quantity and dynamics, EQing it kind of killed the whole tuning and made it not defuse field, yet i still somewhat miss it for the shear amount of detail retrieval from tracks.
Both ware driven easily from iFi Zen stack and Topping DX3Pro+

Users who are viewing this thread

Back