SASH Deux & Tres; impressive planars from Ukraine
Sep 4, 2022 at 9:16 AM Post #571 of 1,214
What about purple, no love for purple? I wonder if I could send Sasha a big chunk of purple heart, could he use that?....

Sep 4, 2022 at 3:42 PM Post #573 of 1,214
I'm waiting for 45 ohm purple to be made, it should be done in 3 weeks
Yeah, can't wait until I'm back on my feet, also want the 45ohm, sasha's work is awesome

Sep 5, 2022 at 5:48 AM Post #575 of 1,214
S3.jpg

Black and blue for me. I'll post impressions in a few days.

Sep 5, 2022 at 6:46 AM Post #576 of 1,214

Black and blue for me. I'll post impressions in a few days.
Nice combo dude, Sasha makes some dam good headphones, I love that he allows for custom colours, makes me curious what he has planned as far as future models

Sep 5, 2022 at 1:04 PM Post #577 of 1,214
Screenshot 2022-09-05 130316.png

(45 ohm open-back configuration)

I took the recommendation that someone else posted about modifying the Equalizer APO rock preset, and this is what I have so far.

Soundstage is pretty crazy with this, I had to double check the effects to make sure some kind of crossfade wasn't being applied somehow.

Sep 5, 2022 at 3:42 PM Post #578 of 1,214
Screenshot 2022-09-05 130316.png

(45 ohm open-back configuration)

I took the recommendation that someone else posted about modifying the Equalizer APO rock preset, and this is what I have so far.

Soundstage is pretty crazy with this, I had to double check the effects to make sure some kind of crossfade wasn't being applied somehow.
i really used it to add some bass. these things can hit pretty hard with a little EQ. pulled the higher frequencies down because im not big on bright sound. im still messing around with settings to see what i like.

peace.png

Sep 6, 2022 at 3:29 PM Post #580 of 1,214
How are you liking the 45 ohm compared to the 16 ohm? 😊
I've been too busy to properly compare them. I'm quite sure that 45ohm version is more balanced (less forward 1khz and/or more upper midrange). So it's a bit of a departure from that audeze style midrange. 45ohm also has less peaky highs. 45ohm propably has less bass than 16ohm. Not a big deal because bass still has plenty of slam so it does not sound too thin. No limp Ananda type of bass here. I will confirm all that with measurements later. I also plan on writing a full lenght review for a Finnish headphone site ( https://kuulokenurkka.com/ ) and compare 45ohm Tres to 16ohm, sundara and edition XS.

Sep 6, 2022 at 5:22 PM Post #582 of 1,214
I've been too busy to properly compare them. I'm quite sure that 45ohm version is more balanced (less forward 1khz and/or more upper midrange). So it's a bit of a departure from that audeze style midrange. 45ohm also has less peaky highs. 45ohm propably has less bass than 16ohm. Not a big deal because bass still has plenty of slam so it does not sound too thin. No limp Ananda type of bass here. I will confirm all that with measurements later. I also plan on writing a full lenght review for a Finnish headphone site ( https://kuulokenurkka.com/ ) and compare 45ohm Tres to 16ohm, sundara and edition XS.
I absolutely love the Tres 45. Leather and velour earpads are my personal pick. Really been enjoying the velour more and more. While it has low end than leather it still has plenty and more kick than the Ananda, Arya and closer to the XS if not a touch more. The velour really the soundstage shine and mids come through without being peaky or bothersome

Sep 6, 2022 at 6:11 PM Post #583 of 1,214
I absolutely love the Tres 45. Leather and velour earpads are my personal pick. Really been enjoying the velour more and more. While it has low end than leather it still has plenty and more kick than the Ananda, Arya and closer to the XS if not a touch more. The velour really the soundstage shine and mids come through without being peaky or bothersome
So how does the 45 ohm compare to the 16 ohm? I talked to Sasha and he said to go with the 16 ohm because of my musical preferences.

Sep 7, 2022 at 5:12 AM Post #584 of 1,214
So how does the 45 ohm compare to the 16 ohm? I talked to Sasha and he said to go with the 16 ohm because of my musical preferences.
The 16 ohm is more musical and U/V shaped. It also requires less power to be driven. If you want more low end impact, the 16 ohm will give you that. But in no way is the 45 ohm lacking in the low end. It still slams very nicely. I still consider the 45 ohm to be a musical and enjoyable headphone but has a touch of analytical in the sound signature. But for me, the gain in extension on both ends, the improvement in clarity and detail, improvement in imaging and soundstage is what makes me feel the 45 ohm has the edge. If you really crave overall impact in the low end though, the 16 ohm is the right choice 😁

Sep 10, 2022 at 4:13 PM Post #585 of 1,214
I talked to Sasha about sending some exotic wood to him to have him make some headphones with this wood. He said he would be happy to do it. He’s never worked with this type of wood but didn’t think it would be a problem. I’m thinking Zebra wood or Madagascar Ebony. What wood would sound great with these headphones?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back