SASH Deux & Tres; impressive planars from Ukraine
Dec 27, 2019 at 2:31 AM Post #31 of 1,214
Long wait is here.
Tres reach.
Will give some review later.
Sound abit warm than verum it soundstage i feel is better than verum.
After some serious of burn in and AB with verum.
I would say they have huge sound stage difference. Tres sound is like in a live hall while verum is like in a small room.
Details very nature sounding with perfect bass.
Now enjoying listening to close back with spacer. The depth of the spacer make the soundstage very huge and balance the whole sound.
So happy sash creator from Ukraine make this amazing open/close back headphone.
Will put in more review after burn in.
IMG_20191227_152826.jpg

IMG_20191228_014329.jpg
IMG_20191228_024021.jpg

IMG_20191229_031008.jpg
IMG_20191229_031305.jpg

IMG_20191230_000205.jpg
IMG_20191230_000233.jpg

Last edited:
Dec 27, 2019 at 3:36 PM Post #32 of 1,214
Awesome!! that looks amazing and i cant wait to get my "same but dark" Version of the tres.
i am glad i changed mmcx to minixlr connectors on the tres... it seemed like a bad and not future proof idea with mmcx... they are breaking often and mini xlr is a solid thing

Ok regarding the Burger look i guess trying to make some own cups will be a good idea..

Cool! So from first impressions it sounds like the gamble with Sash tres will pay off and you get a very high value for the money!

Last edited:
Dec 29, 2019 at 9:09 AM Post #33 of 1,214
I have also placed an order for "dark" Tres. These definitely look interesting.

@muths66 So are you saying that Tres has better soundstage than Verum or what? Where you got those MMCX-connectors?

Dec 29, 2019 at 9:58 AM Post #34 of 1,214
I have also placed an order for "dark" Tres. These definitely look interesting.

@muths66 So are you saying that Tres has better soundstage than Verum or what? Where you got those MMCX-connectors?
That my own impression of soundstage over verum.I would say both verum and tres have their own sound signature.But seen i have Verum i be using tres on closed back. Close back with custom spacer has been amazing but is very heavy. Just close back is also good. I am trying to play around with provided damper from sash and will order some acoustic foam or watever to find the best sounding.
The adapter i got is from taobao seller call willow.

Dec 29, 2019 at 10:53 AM Post #35 of 1,214
@Markolav thats awesome! :wink:

I also ordered two of those mmcx to mini xlr adapters yesterday plus some more.
Quality of those adapters is amazing because they dondt use wires. Its actually no problem to register to taobao, use google translate, install a weird chat client and then message him directly. His english is great and you can just write him. Those are custom ones so you cant order them directly from his taobao shop..

i really cant wait to get my tres...experimenting with different dampening materials will be nice because we all have the same headphones and will get similar results..

Dec 29, 2019 at 10:58 AM Post #36 of 1,214
@Markolav thats awesome! :wink:

I also ordered two of those mmcx to mini xlr adapters yesterday plus some more.
Quality of those adapters is amazing because they dondt use wires. Its actually no problem to register to taobao, use google translate, install a weird chat client and then message him directly. His english is great and you can just write him. Those are custom ones so you cant order them directly from his taobao shop..

i really cant wait to get my tres...experimenting with different dampening materials will be nice because we all have the same headphones and will get similar results..
About your sig, you think Khadas/Atom sucks?

Dec 29, 2019 at 4:42 PM Post #39 of 1,214
@Baten well at the moment i use it again with my AKG K340 because it has unbalanced 6,35.
but its actually weak and just loud enough to drive the 400ohm electrostatic dynamic drivers of this amazing headphone ok but nothing more.

My Khadas/Atom combo was completely useless before because i only had 2,5mm balanced cables and switch all stuff to balanced use.. I used it with a DT880 until i wanted an upgrade from it

9038s is really an amazing dac.. does the same at thumb size
and pdv2 is so nice with his insane EQ... super compact stuff that i like much more than this tower with two rca cables sticking out its ass..

In about 5-6 six weeks ill get a custom tube amp that will drive all the stuff i got.. i will get me 9038d as soon as its out for it..

Also my Sash tres are finished with a nice 2,5mm to mini xlr cable he made and will be on my way to germany this week :wink:)

Last edited:
Dec 31, 2019 at 9:13 PM Post #40 of 1,214
Well happy new year! **** yes!

got some Photos of my tres from Sasha

the stuff is on the Way to germany and also some mini xlr to mmcx adapters from willow Audio
here is some stuff i will do some own pictures and impression not on acid when i get them.... i am really curious how they compare to my sundaras and especially to my AKG K340,... those are EVIL! ...no.. yes.. because they sound so amazing for a 40 year old electrostat dynamic... really want to try my tres and try insane "open,close, semi" tweeking and try dampening like Darth vader on them!

IMG_20191231_155938_493.jpg

IMG_20191231_155959_849.jpg

IMG_20191231_155954_201.jpg

37566664uc.jpg

ill do some more stuff when they arrive.. but what i heard of Muths66 those are ****ing amazing!... Nice!!

Last edited:
Feb 3, 2020 at 6:17 PM Post #42 of 1,214
I received my Tres today and listened them a bit during the evening. These are pretty rad.
2020-02-04 01.15.32.jpg

qFwPCR.jpg

Last edited:
Feb 4, 2020 at 7:03 PM Post #43 of 1,214
Yes they are!!!
SO i also got my tres since some days aaaaaannd they are pretty awesome!!

i really like the sound with the open version.. with jazz, classic and electronic music it is insanely atmospheric or in erms of electronics kicking you like on acid...
One thing that really was important .. there where some layers of blue cloth over the inner driver for tuning. when i removed them they sounded really good!

I also have those spacer rings and closed has a really crazy soundstage space feeling.
I guess with pdv2 i can do some insane EQ tweeking on all versions.

So the weight is no thing for me because i lie down on my sofa horizontally and its not their.. the normal open version is very comfortable and the headband actuall works pretty good.. great build quality and it was burned in out of the box already by Sasha...

I have Sundaras and, dt880, k240 and k 340 before... those are gems in terms of warm lifelike sound..

So to early for a real review but especially for jazz, classic and electronic music they deliver an amazing detailed pleasant sound! I love the bass on them!! Jazz is so alive with this.
Sash already burned them in for me wich is nice!

Also very comfortable! no joke! i have used a hot air fan to decrease the clamping and now they are pretty comfortable
really for that prize you get some amazing headphones and a on the spot direct support by sasha with telegram chat app on my cellphone.. really.. this is realtime like customer service and Sasha first built them with MMCX connectors.. i am happy that i changed my weird mind and he changed it back to stock 4 pin mini xlr... Thats so insane customer custom service and Sasha deserves 6 of 5 stars for that.. also you can simply text him in english (he is from ukraine) and chat like you are used too..

THANKS SASHA for this awesome headphone!!
Ukraine has Verum and tres.. very good planars!

seeya , daniel.. i love em..!! i gambled with "audeze 2,3,4 like" and they deliver!! pretty awesome and custom hand built by a very customer oriented guy!! :wink:

Attachments

• 37771239cp.jpg
    37771239cp.jpg
    195.3 KB · Views: 0
Feb 6, 2020 at 10:23 AM Post #44 of 1,214
Can one of you try the Gorillaz song "Last Living Souls" on the Tres? There's a frequency in the song that, on my unit, resonates with something in the headphone, causing a rattling sound. Fortunately, the rattling is rare, therefore not a big deal. That's the only song that brought it to my attention. If you guys hear it too, I'll point it out to Sasha and maybe there's an easy fix he can make when designing the Quatre.

I'm still enamored with the Tres. The Tres is good on all songs I've tried, but on some songs it's really good. Overall it's in 2nd place to my SR1 at the moment, but there are songs I think the Tres does better. One thing I'm starting to notice is that it's almost like two different headphones (both good) when playing different songs. With some songs, it's like there's a fun filter effect applied to the music, but not with most songs. I'm sure there's a banal explanation related to the frequencies emphasized by those songs, but I prefer to think the Tres magically adapts to the song :D

Anecdote: my mostly non-audiophile friend tried my gear recently and preferred the Tres by a wide margin over my SR1 and 6xx. He thought the latter two were fine on their own, but boring next to the Tres.

Feb 6, 2020 at 12:07 PM Post #45 of 1,214
@ponyhead I just listened that song, no any noticeable rattling here. Sad to hear that youre experiencing that. :slight_frown: Have you heard rattling since you got them or have it started recently?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back