SASH Deux & Tres; impressive planars from Ukraine
Nov 9, 2019 at 12:17 PM Post #16 of 1,214
Interesting @Roderick,

Looks like I will have to consider this sometime after the Verum 1 when I finally get round to getting that.

Thanks for keeping an eye out for interesting headphones !

Hope you have a great day !

Nov 12, 2019 at 12:56 PM Post #17 of 1,214
Thanks for keeping an eye out for interesting headphones !
Thanks! I admittably have a thing for less known headphones. There are a lot of interesting headphones around the world that we don't hear about. And if domestic markets are big enough manufacturers don't even advertise their stuff anywhere where average head-fier could spot them.

Nov 12, 2019 at 3:23 PM Post #18 of 1,214
He is really fast and i get updates all 2 days now
i will make a review of my Sash tres once i get them..

My semi open cups with ZMF Eikon vents came from the CNC machine today.
37206459yt.jpg

for the closed one will i get deeper ones. All wood will be dark like the version on his facebookpage.

The MMCX connectors instead of Mini-XLR will be a bit "funky" :wink:
Also cool that i asked him if he can do it... and he ordered the same Rhodium 2,5mm balanced Plug and MMCX Connectors from electro acousti store that i have on my good cables.. so the stock cable will not be a shelfqueen.

Its lovely to get new updates all the time and i am really interested in the sound of the 3 versions i can just switch with a screwdriver :wink:

Nov 13, 2019 at 11:25 AM Post #19 of 1,214
I've also decided to get the semi-open cups. For extra $50 it's a no brainer. I just can't make up my mind if I want 5 or 6 vent holes. I'm also undecided on the cups. I don't know should I go with deep or medium size. My deux allready has the shallow ones I can use on tres.

Nov 13, 2019 at 12:58 PM Post #20 of 1,214
Ah! @Roderick so you are the other one that gets his sash tres built right now :wink:

if i need super deeper cups for no reason then i can look for a CNC carpenter in Germany and make some super deep ones if i am not happy..
But really it was a no brainer for me.. he made them like on the ZMF Eikon and looks really dope. uneven numbers looks always more interesting than even ones.

Oh thats a thing of course that they are compatible from deux and tres!
also great that he will make individual ray frequency measurements from all 3 cups from our headphones.. this will make it easier to tune them with PowerDacV2 EQ app..

I need to make a custom headstand that can store the cups.. something weird :wink: with drift wood or something like that.

Well big thanks for all those informations you provided here in this thread!
Helped me a lot to decide that i really prefer them over LCD-1 which would have been exactly the same price !

Last edited:
Nov 15, 2019 at 2:29 AM Post #21 of 1,214
It is indeed quite a package for the money. I'm hoping new cups and driver will make tres more balanced closed back than deux. And if semi open cups have more upper midrange presence user could choose between Audeze style darker sound and more airy hifiman style tuning :)

Nov 15, 2019 at 8:39 AM Post #22 of 1,214
Thats what i also thought... and since tuning my headphones with PowerDacV2 EQ App makes them noticable much better it will be fun to also have Hifiman or Audeze like presets

Nov 16, 2019 at 5:05 AM Post #23 of 1,214
Thanks! I admittably have a thing for less known headphones. There are a lot of interesting headphones around the world that we don't hear about. And if domestic markets are big enough manufacturers don't even advertise their stuff anywhere where average head-fier could spot them.

Actually so do I, @Roderick, especially head amps though sometimes this makes it 'fun' to find useful info or a demo...

Hope you have a great day !

Nov 27, 2019 at 12:11 PM Post #25 of 1,214
there will be someone that will get one possibly in January and has Verum1
So a comparison will come of course!

I read an interesting comparison of exactly this on audiofriends whatever it is called.

i hope i will get my tres before christmas.. the only worry will be ukraine post :wink:

Nov 27, 2019 at 1:25 PM Post #26 of 1,214
I've tried comparing Sash Deux to Verum 1 but it's quite difficult. Verums are neutral with correct timbre. It just sounds so right. Deux is more colored with bit aggressive presentation. I like Deux bass, detail retrival abilities etc better than Verums but I can't pick a favorite. Deux is technically more impressive headphone but it does not have the natural sound of Verums. Sometimes I want to rock out with the Deux and enjoy the punchy bass and kick you in the face sort of energy. Other times I want relax and just enjoy perfectly balanced sound then I reach for the Verum.

Verum1 vs Sash Deux V2.jpg

Nov 27, 2019 at 3:07 PM Post #28 of 1,214
I've tried comparing Sash Deux to Verum 1 but it's quite difficult. Verums are neutral with correct timbre. It just sounds so right. Deux is more colored with bit aggressive presentation. I like Deux bass, detail retrival abilities etc better than Verums but I can't pick a favorite. Deux is technically more impressive headphone but it does not have the natural sound of Verums. Sometimes I want to rock out with the Deux and enjoy the punchy bass and kick you in the face sort of energy. Other times I want relax and just enjoy perfectly balanced sound then I reach for the Verum.

When i get hold of tres i will AB with verum too. But i guess both of them will be in a very good league.

Nov 27, 2019 at 4:44 PM Post #29 of 1,214
I may try the Verum next year, but there are some other headphones in front of it on my list since I already have the Tres.

After the holidays, I'll send my Tres to oratory1990 for him to measure with his GRAS equipment and produce Harman-target pEQ presets. Armed with those presets, we'll be able to flip the Tres back and forth between its lovely stock sound and a more neutral sound.

Oratory already has the Verum in his database btw - https://www.dropbox.com/s/raxes0hps5cye7q/Verum One.pdf?dl=0
As well as a separate file for leather pads and another for zmf ori pads.

Nov 28, 2019 at 12:58 AM Post #30 of 1,214
I may try the Verum next year, but there are some other headphones in front of it on my list since I already have the Tres.

After the holidays, I'll send my Tres to oratory1990 for him to measure with his GRAS equipment and produce Harman-target pEQ presets. Armed with those presets, we'll be able to flip the Tres back and forth between its lovely stock sound and a more neutral sound.

Oratory already has the Verum in his database btw - https://www.dropbox.com/s/raxes0hps5cye7q/Verum One.pdf?dl=0
As well as a separate file for leather pads and another for zmf ori pads.
Nice if you can send to oartary.Hope u send togather with close back too.I so love verum oartary.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back