SansaClip+ Rockbox Impressions thread
Aug 29, 2010 at 4:09 AM Post #436 of 1,093
Yeah it was a good move by Rockbox to bump up the volume but I still think they should release a separate build that focuses on maximum battery life. It'd be neat to have the option.

Aug 29, 2010 at 10:01 AM Post #437 of 1,093

Quote:
Yeah it was a good move by Rockbox to bump up the volume but I still think they should release a separate build that focuses on maximum battery life. It'd be neat to have the option.

You could just turn your volume, brightness, and backlight time down.
wink_face.gif

Aug 29, 2010 at 10:33 PM Post #438 of 1,093
You can adjust brightness? Although the battery is fine for the most part as I just charge it every other day so it's a non issue for me..

Sep 9, 2010 at 7:10 AM Post #439 of 1,093
Rockbox'd my new Clip + and after initial problems with the UI (unfamiliarity) I'm loving the benefits.

I'd had all sorts of problems trying to rock my old Clip V2, in the end gave up and just used Sansa firmware (set to anything OTHER than Europe region, so that you get the extra volume boost!), so I'm delighted to be able to enjoy Rockbox properly at last.

I have to admit that there are many many settings I won't go near, but those that I do use and understand help me to personalise it to my liking.

Sep 9, 2010 at 7:56 AM Post #440 of 1,093
I just Rockboxed my new Clip+.
So far so good. I wont say too much too soon
confused_face_2.gif

I will say what an amazing change to the EQ.

Sep 19, 2010 at 3:25 AM Post #441 of 1,093
ok... i've rockbox'd my clip+, loving the customizability... however, how the hell can i LOCK it? hold, key-lock... whatever you call it. in the original firmware it had this feature, hold home button for like 2 sec, now i can't do that anymore >_<

somebody please help me!

Sep 19, 2010 at 3:43 AM Post #443 of 1,093
You can lock by pressing the center button and the home button simultaneously, but AFAIK this only works when you're in the while playing screen. (I could be wrong ;] )

Sep 19, 2010 at 4:28 AM Post #445 of 1,093

Quote:
You can lock by pressing the center button and the home button simultaneously, but AFAIK this only works when you're in the while playing screen. (I could be wrong ;] )

you are SPOT on... thank you sooooo much!!!! ^ ^ i knew these guys would have integrated the lock function somehow!

Sep 19, 2010 at 11:46 AM Post #446 of 1,093
I never once used the lock function in the OF....never found it necessary. With my Fuze, I compromised....since the wheel is right there in front, even with my skin on it, I just set it to "first button press enables backlight only". That setting is available on the Clip+ too.

Sep 19, 2010 at 7:39 PM Post #447 of 1,093
if you have these in your jeans pocket (loose to semi tight jeans), it ends up pressing basically all the buttons, that "first button light" trick won't really work
this is of course if you use it outside, as they are made for portable use

Sep 19, 2010 at 7:51 PM Post #448 of 1,093

Quote:
if you have these in your jeans pocket (loose to semi tight jeans), it ends up pressing basically all the buttons, that "first button light" trick won't really work
this is of course if you use it outside, as they are made for portable use

Ah, I see. I never put mine there...I wear T-shirts with chest pockets....a habit I started back when I was still smoking, which has worked out great the last couple years for my Clips and now my Clip+'s. I clip them to the pocket with the player on the inside.

Sep 19, 2010 at 8:11 PM Post #449 of 1,093

Quote:
I wear T-shirts with chest pockets

that seems like a really great place to put the clip and the excess cable... unfortunately i don't have a single t-shirt with a chest pocket, only on my formal suits.
maybe i should get some, but i'm always reluctant to buy those as most people that wear those around where i live, wear these in light pink or orange with the popped collars lol >_<

Sep 19, 2010 at 8:43 PM Post #450 of 1,093

Quote:
that seems like a really great place to put the clip and the excess cable... unfortunately i don't have a single t-shirt with a chest pocket, only on my formal suits.
maybe i should get some, but i'm always reluctant to buy those as most people that wear those around where i live, wear these in light pink or orange with the popped collars lol >_<

Mine are all black....no collars to pop or pretty colors here.
biggrin.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back