SansaClip+ Rockbox Impressions thread
Jul 31, 2010 at 7:02 PM Post #421 of 1,093

Quote:
Dern, thanks for the reply. I'll see if I can request that feature again. I really love it on Foobar as sometimes I just want a break in between songs while I figure out what I want to listen to next. Keeps my music listening flow and experience exactly how I want it, I get to hear the very ends of the tracks I want to hear and not have to hear the beginnings of a track I didn't intend to listen to 
L3000.gif

Creating a playlist is very simple. Highlight the song you want, hold the center button. Select Playlist and then select Insert. Hitting the same button three times in a row isn't too difficult and takes less than one second to do.

Aug 4, 2010 at 7:37 PM Post #423 of 1,093

Quote:
Dern, thanks for the reply. I'll see if I can request that feature again. I really love it on Foobar as sometimes I just want a break in between songs while I figure out what I want to listen to next. Keeps my music listening flow and experience exactly how I want it, I get to hear the very ends of the tracks I want to hear and not have to hear the beginnings of a track I didn't intend to listen to 
L3000.gif

Same here.

Quote:
Creating a playlist is very simple. Highlight the song you want, hold the center button. Select Playlist and then select Insert. Hitting the same button three times in a row isn't too difficult and takes less than one second to do.

True. Though in this case he'd have to run into the playlist and remove all the songs after the current one in order to accomplish the desired effect. Unless there's a faster way to clear the playlist.

Aug 4, 2010 at 8:46 PM Post #425 of 1,093
Yeah, it does. I was just thinking delete the whole playlist while playing a song, as you can do in foobar2000, in order to prevent any further music from playing (for the moment!). I don't see a way to delete the whole current playlist, though, just one track at a time.

Aug 4, 2010 at 9:58 PM Post #426 of 1,093
Tip for making a new playlist, hold the Play/Pause button until the playback is STOPPED (Square icon on the status bar, not pause which is two vertical rectangles next to eachother). Then insert the song, album, etc in the normal fashion and in doing so a new playlist will be created

:D

Aug 11, 2010 at 6:09 AM Post #427 of 1,093
Clip+ with Rockbox (w/o headphones):

And Clip+ with Rockbox and JH-13 Pro:

Very impressive! The combination seems to be absolutely flat.

Thanks to Bad Robot@hifi-forum.de for the measurement.

Aug 11, 2010 at 6:20 PM Post #428 of 1,093
Hey guys, I just rockboxed my Clip+ and I'm liking it so far.  Especially the ability to play my .m4a's.  But is it just my Clip or does every .m4a seem to stutter when it starts playing??  After the first 5 seconds or so it's gone until the end of the song.  It seems that it's just with .m4a files. Anyone else have this problem??  Thanks.

Aug 11, 2010 at 11:36 PM Post #429 of 1,093

Quote:
Clip+ with Rockbox (w/o headphones):

And Clip+ with Rockbox and JH-13 Pro:

Very impressive! The combination seems to be absolutely flat.

Thanks to Bad Robot@hifi-forum.de for the measurement.

Very nice. This is the combo I'm currently using and it's been awesome on bike rides.

I've started to realize just how much I like gapless playback. The first three tracks of Modest Mouse Good News for People Who Like Bad News wouldn't be the same.

Aug 12, 2010 at 1:28 AM Post #431 of 1,093
lol :)

Actually I've found gapless important on certain albums. I can handle short gaps although I'd prefer it to not be there but no big deal since both of my dap's have gapless. Albums like pink floyd's sdotm would sound horrible if there were gaps between tracks imo so I just combined it into a large file just so when I go random it doesn't play one of those 20 second blurbs in that album.

Aug 15, 2010 at 11:04 AM Post #433 of 1,093

Quote:
Hey guys, I just rockboxed my Clip+ and I'm liking it so far.  Especially the ability to play my .m4a's.  But is it just my Clip or does every .m4a seem to stutter when it starts playing??  After the first 5 seconds or so it's gone until the end of the song.  It seems that it's just with .m4a files. Anyone else have this problem??  Thanks.

Yup, still does it now, but not as bad as previous builds.  It happens anywhere through a track, not at the start though, but always at the same point.  Must be a decoding .m4a thing.

Aug 28, 2010 at 8:02 PM Post #435 of 1,093
so i was listening to my clip last night and the volume was so low! i had it maxed out at 6db so i thought, shoot i might have to reinstall rockbox or my clip is defective. welll i was using my senn mx580, which has an inline volume control.. it was all the way down. i put it all the way up very quickly and blew my ears out lol! just thought it was funny :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Back