SansaClip+ Rockbox Impressions thread
Jul 28, 2010 at 3:04 PM Post #406 of 1,093
Admittedly Rockbox isn't the most intuitive or user-friendly thing out there. Most other devices he probably would've been able to figure that out without reading the manual. Still love my RB though 
L3000.gif

Jul 28, 2010 at 3:10 PM Post #407 of 1,093

Quote:
LOL!!  I have never seen that emoticon b4.  LOL!!

I like that one because it comes across as friendly compared to these two: and

Jul 28, 2010 at 3:20 PM Post #410 of 1,093
Jul 28, 2010 at 3:26 PM Post #411 of 1,093

Quote:
Guys, over there in a German Hifi-Forum someone RMAA'ed the Clip+ with Rockbox.

This is shocking!
http://www.hifi-forum.de/index.php?action=browseT&forum_id=125&thread=6243&postID=14#14

This is the Clip+ with OF. Flat as it can be.
http://www.hifi-forum.de/index.php?action=browseT&forum_id=125&thread=6243&postID=1#1

I must admit, that I didn't expect this result. Rockbox on the Clip+ seems to have a serious problem in the highs.
Any comments/suggestions from you guys?

Hard to comment, not being able to read German. But I would hazard a guess that they were using a build without the pitch patch.

Jul 28, 2010 at 3:31 PM Post #412 of 1,093
Yes, but I think the pitch patch has no influence on the highs.

The same user also RMAA'ed the iRiver H120/D10 with Rockbox. Also there one can see a clear decrease in the highs.

€dit: The first RMAA chart of the first link is the Clip+ rockboxed with no sound influencer enabled.

Jul 29, 2010 at 2:08 AM Post #414 of 1,093
The issue seems to be solved. The guy in the German Hifi-Forum first measured with 48khz music files. Rockbox obviously is not optimized for this kind of playback. After the user switched to 44.1khz everything looked flat again, similar to the OF.
smile_phones.gif

Jul 29, 2010 at 10:39 AM Post #416 of 1,093

Quote:
i mean i can get through it ok, its just seems like theres so many unnecessary things. Why cant they just have a simple UI that allows more codecs and longer battery life.. oh well

I see what you mean. I was also kinda overwhelmed at first too and found everything a bit too cluttered.
But there are people who find these "unnecessary things" useful and use rockbox because of that. One of the purpose of rockbox is to give users plenty of options after all.
Besides as time pass, you might find stuff that you thought were "unnecessary" useful after all. I for one, has experienced that. Going back to the OF now feels pretty lacking in functionality.

Jul 29, 2010 at 5:34 PM Post #417 of 1,093
Yeah Rockbox just has a learning curve. I've been using it for months now and I'm still learning ways to use it. Once you understand how it works and what buttons do what and figure out some of the easier ways to navigate to things its a blast and leaves the OF for dead.

Jul 31, 2010 at 6:34 PM Post #418 of 1,093
Anyone know how to a stop after current like on Foobar? So it will play one track and instead of going to the next it will just stop?

Read the manual quickly and the only thing I can see is that I would have to create a playlist every time... hoping this is not the case...

Jul 31, 2010 at 6:58 PM Post #420 of 1,093
Dern, thanks for the reply. I'll see if I can request that feature again. I really love it on Foobar as sometimes I just want a break in between songs while I figure out what I want to listen to next. Keeps my music listening flow and experience exactly how I want it, I get to hear the very ends of the tracks I want to hear and not have to hear the beginnings of a track I didn't intend to listen to 
L3000.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back