SansaClip+ Rockbox Impressions thread
Jun 4, 2010 at 6:11 PM Post #316 of 1,093

Quote:
The main reason I can't believe they sold out already is that I checked woot before I went to sleep around 2am and they were still selling that crappy HTPC. I wake up at 12pm to see that they finally switched the item of the day but were already sold out, just my luck. Anyway, hopefully another deal pops up after they fix this pitch problem.

How do you expect to get the best deals if you actually sleep??

Jun 5, 2010 at 9:35 AM Post #317 of 1,093
Good deals get sold out real fast :p However the clip+ MSRP is still pretty cheap so not a big loss if you really want a clip+ or you can look in the FS. I got my 8gb for $40 so deals are definitely out there :)

Jun 7, 2010 at 4:20 AM Post #318 of 1,093
Has anyone worked out how to quit the radio? In the past I always just turned off the player but I have now got myself in a pickle.
I use the setting that resumes playback when you turn the player on... see where this is going?
It never used to do this, and I've been using the resume playback setting ever since I rockboxed the thing but today for some reason unknown to me the player has not got itself stuck in the radio. (It must have started playing the radio in my pocket... :/)

Also if I were to try and update to a newer version (Currently have ....r26184-100520) would I be going sideways or even backwards in terms of improvements?

Lastly to confirm, Rockbox has no hold setting?

UPDATE: When turning the player on and off to try and get what revision I am using it miraculously got out of the radio! THANK JEBUS! I was starting to get rather worried. My question still stands encase I do this again but isn't as urgent.

UPDATE #2: Ok I went to use my Clip to play music before I went to sleep, after updating syncing it and sure enough it booted up into the radio again.
I managed to get it to boot up into the original menu after countless times turning it off and on again.
In the end I realized that if I held the Play/Pause button when booting up it would take me to the main menu. I later realized that I must have accidentally changed the start screen to FM Radio, and not Resume Playback as I had it originally.
I have bolded my main questions to make them stand out in my now wall of text.

Jun 7, 2010 at 7:58 PM Post #319 of 1,093
I've tried radio a couple times and when I want to go back to the main menu screen I just press the power button but not holding it so it turns off.

I'm currently using r25958-100511. Also has anyone tried to see if the microsdhc works? I remember someone mentioning something about the memory slot not working when rockbox first came out..

Jun 7, 2010 at 10:02 PM Post #321 of 1,093
I just wanted to check. The pitch bug is solved in Rockbox, is that correct? However, Rockbox still has a hissing/buzzing noise when using sensitive headphones? So it's not really usable with something like a TF10?

Jun 7, 2010 at 11:14 PM Post #323 of 1,093

Quote:
Hehe I'm kind of a noob to Head-fi and stuff.
I ordered a Clip+ recently.... What is rockbox?

Rockbox is an alternative operation system/firmware that allows you to tweak a number of user interface and sound quality settings, more so than any other mainstream players original software.

Jun 8, 2010 at 10:32 AM Post #324 of 1,093

Quote:
I just wanted to check. The pitch bug is solved in Rockbox, is that correct?

No. The pitch bug is still there. My Sansa Clip with rockbox version r26458-100602 plays noticeably flat.

The rockbox developers are aware of it, though, and I think they're planning to fix it. There's some discussion here:

http://www.rockbox.org/tracker/task/10906

Jun 8, 2010 at 11:18 AM Post #326 of 1,093
I liked the RB on my Clip+ function wise, but the screen is so small to begin with, and my aging eyes could barely see it.

Jun 8, 2010 at 11:47 AM Post #327 of 1,093
question. i dont care about interface, features, games etc. But sound quality.. does the sound quality improve with rockbox automatically? Or is that being said because it gives you a better equalizer? Thank you.

Jun 8, 2010 at 4:43 PM Post #328 of 1,093

Quote:
question. i dont care about interface, features, games etc. But sound quality.. does the sound quality improve with rockbox automatically? Or is that being said because it gives you a better equalizer? Thank you.

Hard to say, someone claimed the rockbox improved the SQ within firmware.  Not sure I believe it though.  I don't spend much time listeing to the Clip+ since it doesn't drive my dynamic drivers that well, so I can't say for sure.  Actually thinking of getting some low impedance, easy to drive decent SQ phone for working out to match the Clip+. 

Jun 8, 2010 at 4:56 PM Post #329 of 1,093
Well I would say this then. When you get it try for yourself and if you don't like rockbox you can remove it pretty easily. The reason I got it was mainly for better navigation controls. I have never liked any sansa player navigation since their navigation does not make sense really. Also gapless is nice if you need/want it.

Jun 8, 2010 at 6:48 PM Post #330 of 1,093

Quote:

It didnt improve the SQ "new from the box" kinda deal but made for a lot of oppurtunites with EQ to tweak with the sound.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back