SansaClip+ Rockbox Impressions thread
May 29, 2010 at 1:31 PM Post #286 of 1,093
How do I switch from orginal firmware to rockbox? I press something when I'm in rockbox and it switched back to original firmware and the next thing I know I can't turn it back. Can someone help? Thanks in advance.

May 29, 2010 at 3:04 PM Post #289 of 1,093
did you install it properly? It should load to rockbox normally and to sansa firmware if you hold home while powering on.

May 30, 2010 at 7:36 AM Post #292 of 1,093

Quote:
Just finish installing rockbox with rockbox utility. Does anyone find the sound a bit weird as compared to the original firmware? Somehow it sounded slightly worse for me.

Yeah, I noticed that too when I first installed Rockbox on my Clip+. All you need to do is adjust EQ and sound settings to your preference and you should get good SQ just as good as the original firmware if not better.

Art

May 30, 2010 at 2:23 PM Post #295 of 1,093
Similar problems with the Clip+, it basically has audible background noise at the beginning of the song (I assume while it caches the data into RAM) which does not happen with the OF. Stability has been perfect for the past few weeks for me.

And the soundquality is better than with the Shuffle, which hissed for me with pretty much any IEM I threw at it.

May 30, 2010 at 2:28 PM Post #296 of 1,093
Quote:
It is pretty damn good. If the V2 is indicative of rockbox for the Clip line, however, there are audible artefacts in the signal: more hiss and pops and clicks that aren't problematic in the OF. I've had no issues of stability though.

I have this problem with poorly recorded tracks...the buzzing in the background that isn't prevalent in the OF is more pronounced in Rockbox. Definitely a little annoying, but the tradeoff is worth it, IMO.

Edit: Does anyone know if there is any way to get louder volumes on Rockbox. I've changed the volume settings, but that doesn't actually seem to do much. Do I just need to hook it up to a portable amp? In the original firmware, I never have to go above 1/2 volume level, but in Rockbox, I'm almost near the end, and it's still quieter than the OF...

May 30, 2010 at 2:35 PM Post #297 of 1,093

Quote:
I have this problem with poorly recorded tracks...the buzzing in the background that isn't prevalent in the OF is more pronounced in Rockbox. Definitely a little annoying, but the tradeoff is worth it, IMO.

Edit: Does anyone know if there is any way to get louder volumes on Rockbox. I've changed the volume settings, but that doesn't actually seem to do much. Do I just need to hook it up to a portable amp? In the original firmware, I never have to go above 1/2 volume level, but in Rockbox, I'm almost near the end, and it's still quieter than the OF...

Use the compressor on Rockbox and adjust the threshold setting will give you louder volume.

Art

May 31, 2010 at 7:33 AM Post #300 of 1,093

Users who are viewing this thread

Back