SansaClip+ Rockbox Impressions thread
May 19, 2010 at 10:59 AM Post #271 of 1,093

Quote:
wrong. your settings remain intact when upgrading this way.

How so?  I thought the settings were in the .rockbox folder in all of the .cfg and .config files.  If you "overwrite" the .rockbox directory, you overwrite it at the .rockbox folder level and everything below is lost.  If the unzipping software is offering to overwrite the existing folder, but is actually recursively overwriting only the files that have been changed/updated, then it is the equivalent of what I recommended by using "unzip -u archive.zip".

Of course, if the settings are stored outside of the .rockbox directory, then that is different than what I was thinking.

May 19, 2010 at 4:11 PM Post #273 of 1,093
I have r26027 on my Clip+ and so far it is very stable. I spent alot of time adjusting the EQ and sound settings to get good sound and now have the best Sound Quality I have heard from a DAP. I recently went on a long five hours cycle run on my bike with my Clip+ playing music all the time through Rockbox and it only ate away 40% of the battery power.

One question though... I have added tracks to playlist but how can I save playlists in m3u? As I have tried it but I get an error message.

Art

May 19, 2010 at 5:07 PM Post #274 of 1,093

Quote:
I have r26027 on my Clip+ and so far it is very stable. I spent alot of time adjusting the EQ and sound settings to get good sound and now have the best Sound Quality I have heard from a DAP. I recently went on a long five hours cycle run on my bike with my Clip+ playing music all the time through Rockbox and it only ate away 40% of the battery power.

One question though... I have added tracks to playlist but how can I save playlists in m3u? As I have tried it but I get an error message.

Art

What kind of error?  

When I create a playlist, I select "Save Current Playlist", type in the path and name I want ( /Playlists/Name.m3u ), hold down the select button, and it saves and appears in my Playlist Catalog.  By default, "Save Current Playlist" will put it at the root level of the .rockbox folder, so you will need to specify a path if you don't want it there.

May 19, 2010 at 5:23 PM Post #275 of 1,093

Quote:

What kind of error?  

When I create a playlist, I select "Save Current Playlist", type in the path and name I want ( /Playlists/Name.m3u ), hold down the select button, and it saves and appears in my Playlist Catalog.  By default, "Save Current Playlist" will put it at the root level of the .rockbox folder, so you will need to specify a path if you don't want it there.

Thanks for that. I can now save Playlists
biggrin.gif

It wasn't really an error I was getting, When I saved the playlist and then went into show playlist catalogue but it told me there was no playlists. I think the problem before was that I didn't select the directory for the file to be saved. As default I used /dynamic.m3u.

Art

May 19, 2010 at 5:25 PM Post #276 of 1,093

Quote:
 Thanks for that. I can now save Playlists
biggrin.gif

It wasn't really an error I was getting, When I saved the playlist and then went into show playlist catalogue but it told me there was no playlists. I think the problem before was that I didn't select the directory for the file to be saved. As default I used /dynamic.m3u.

Art

May 19, 2010 at 5:28 PM Post #277 of 1,093
Double post.

May 19, 2010 at 11:40 PM Post #278 of 1,093

Quote:

Art

Road? Mountain? cyclocross? - that is all I care about. I also use the Clip for bicycling.

May 20, 2010 at 3:31 AM Post #279 of 1,093
I also finally rockboxed my Clip+ yesterday. Stable so far, and it's good to have crossfade and the more informative display again.

May 20, 2010 at 4:16 AM Post #280 of 1,093
Just got my Clip+ today from the US. Shame no one sells it here in Australia.
Anyhow, after screwing around trying to work out how to Rockbox it and trying to follow the instructions on the Rockbox site, getting super confused then remembering the ABI topic about it, going there and downloading DFKT's combined rar file, extracting it. And ta-da. It worked :D
I am still amazed at how small this thing is, with 24gb capacity, and 40gb for rich kids. It's insane!

May 22, 2010 at 9:21 AM Post #281 of 1,093
Rockbox on the Clip+ is totally awesome and very stable. However, when I am on the Original Firmware and I switch my Clip+ off the "Goodbye" message displays for 20 seconds before the player finally switches off. Is this normal?

Anyway other than that small problem I can see Rockbox on the Clip+ being an official release soon as everything seems to work flawless.

Art

Users who are viewing this thread

Back