SansaClip+ Rockbox Impressions thread
May 18, 2010 at 4:39 AM Post #259 of 1,093
the Sunday releases felt quite acceptably stable to me...

May 18, 2010 at 12:42 PM Post #262 of 1,093
Running r26144 myself with no issues.  Running rock solid.

May 18, 2010 at 1:22 PM Post #263 of 1,093
Yeah mine has not crashed either but I have not used it more than an hour so far. Trying it as I type...

May 18, 2010 at 1:44 PM Post #266 of 1,093
I also use the dayly build of Sunday without any problems so far. Does everything I expect it to do.
Now please solve the USB-Mode issue and I'm happy for the time beeing.

May 19, 2010 at 9:53 AM Post #268 of 1,093
Yes, that is the usual procedure to update to another build. Just decompress the rb-archive to the root directory of your player and overwrite the.rockbox directory.

May 19, 2010 at 10:20 AM Post #269 of 1,093

Quote:
A quick question:
Is it possible to update the rockbox firmware without reinstalling it? Like replacing the .rockbox folder on the player only?

Quote:
Yes, that is the usual procedure to update to another build. Just decompress the rb-archive to the root directory of your player and overwrite the.rockbox directory.

Like dmcom said, just decompressing the rockbox archive and overwriting the old .rockbox folder works just fine, but this will overwrite settings, any added themes, etc.

If you are on a Mac, decompressing rockbox-sansaclipplus.zip in a directory that already has ".rockbox" will create a ".rockbox 1" folder.  You can delete the old folder then decompress, but if you want to keep all of the settings, etc; drag the rockbox-sansaclipplus.zip file to the Clip's drive, open Terminal and type:

cd /Volumes/nameofclipplus
unzip -u rockbox-sansaclipplus.zip

This will only replace those files that have been updated, and will leave everything else in place.  This includes all of your settings, added themes, fonts, etc.  Of course, all of this would be if you are on a Mac.  I know this can be done on Windows as well, but I am not sure how.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back