SansaClip+ Rockbox Impressions thread
Apr 11, 2010 at 1:09 PM Post #166 of 1,093
Quote:

Originally Posted by nickchen /img/forum/go_quote.gif
EU headfiers, keep away from the 01.02.09 Sansa firmware, I've read that this junk confirms to the actual EU volume restrictions (20% less volume in "normal" and no "high" option any more). Doesn't apply for other world regions, but I haven't yet to find that "choose region" item that was to be seen on 1st boot.

Just reset all the settings in the settings menu and just reselect a different region.
biggrin.gif

Apr 11, 2010 at 2:09 PM Post #167 of 1,093
beerchug.gif

Apr 13, 2010 at 10:21 PM Post #169 of 1,093
Quote:

Originally Posted by pr3c1pit0us /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Anyone want to share some of their custom equalizer presets?

For my RE0s, I have the low shelf filter set to:

cutoff frequency: 90hz
q: 0.7 (should be the default setting)
gain: 12.0dB

That's it. They've got a good bit of bass now, and everything else sounds just as clean as before.

Apr 14, 2010 at 2:37 AM Post #170 of 1,093
Quote:

Originally Posted by bba1973 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
For my RE0s, I have the low shelf filter set to:

cutoff frequency: 90hz
q: 0.7 (should be the default setting)
gain: 12.0dB

That's it. They've got a good bit of bass now, and everything else sounds just as clean as before.

About the same here. With crossfeed (default settings on) I have the low shelf up +10dB and precut -12dB. It sounds really nice too. The bass on these is very detailed.

Apr 14, 2010 at 7:40 PM Post #171 of 1,093
Did you guys already see, that the Clipv2 and Clip+ are not listed on the rockbox current build page any more?

I was getting nervous and looked into the rockbox forum. I found the following statement:

Quote:

Originally Posted by funman@rockbox.org
Just to let you know Clipv2 and Clip+ were promoted down to the "'Unusable" category.

That means there's pretty much no point into using them if you're not developing patches for them.

This doesn't look good at the moment...
confused_face.gif

Apr 14, 2010 at 7:55 PM Post #172 of 1,093

Apr 15, 2010 at 1:06 AM Post #173 of 1,093
Quote:

Originally Posted by dmcom /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Did you guys already see, that the Clipv2 and Clip+ are not listed on the rockbox current build page any more?

I was getting nervous and looked into the rockbox forum. I found the following statement:

This doesn't look good at the moment...
confused_face.gif

That sucks, but the last few builds I tried kept locking up more and more. I reverted back to r25326, and it works much better. Maybe it'll help stop all these people posting about "why doesn't the database work".

Apr 15, 2010 at 7:25 AM Post #174 of 1,093
I think it's a good move. All of the new builds were really bad. I'm running an old version that runs as stable as it is probably going to get until they finish this. I have had no lock ups or any problems thus far with this old build.

Apr 15, 2010 at 10:32 AM Post #175 of 1,093
what's the deal with rockbox..? except from the fact that it is very dangerous for my clip+ if i was to install it
bigsmile_face.gif
, I don't get what benefits does this have for me?
it already reads flac,sound is great and ruller flat with my PK2...I don't think i need anything more. did i miss something?

Apr 15, 2010 at 10:49 AM Post #176 of 1,093
I personally miss crossfade, balance and a more imformative display.

Apr 15, 2010 at 11:53 AM Post #177 of 1,093
Quote:

Originally Posted by plonter /img/forum/go_quote.gif
what's the deal with rockbox..? except from the fact that it is very dangerous for my clip+ if i was to install it
bigsmile_face.gif
, I don't get what benefits does this have for me?
it already reads flac,sound is great and ruller flat with my PK2...I don't think i need anything more. did i miss something?

I bought the Clip+ just to have it Rockboxed. I received the player on Tuesday and installed the latest build. Unfortunately it wouldn't play for more than a few seconds. But thanks to the Anythingbutipod forum I was directed to a build that works: Rockbox: Clip+ - Sansa Clip / Clip+ - abi>>forums.

The reasons for having Rockbox?

1) Perfect gapless playback with any supported codec, which is about any existing codec.
2) Good EQ
3) Crossfeed
4) Lots of other goodies.

But reason 1 is the most important for me.

What currently doesn't work is write support. The consequence is that it can't build a library, and it can't save configuration settings from the unit. This means that it currently only supports folder play. But if you organize your music files in folders by artist/album I don't see this as a big problem. The configuration settings can be edited on a PC and saved on the Clip, so that is also acceptable for now.

The alternative for me, since I have quite many gapless albums, was to rerip everything. On the non-Rockboxed Clip+ you can achieve "almost" perfect gapless with OGG or FLAC, which means that some have reported glitches in the transition between gapless tracks. Most of my files are unfortunately MP3 or M4A files. With Rockbox I can drop everything to the Clip without thinking whether it would ble gapless or play at all.

Installing the Rockbox wasn't so difficult, and I can still boot with the original Sansa firmware (this is necessary to do when I put new files on the player). But you won't get your money back if anything goes wrong, of course.

Apr 15, 2010 at 1:41 PM Post #180 of 1,093
Quote:

Originally Posted by Sparky191 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Can you remove rockbox?

Sure, just delete the .rockbox directory on the players flash memory. If you also want to delete the bootloader just flash the Clip with the original firmware.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back