SansaClip+ Rockbox Impressions thread
Apr 7, 2010 at 4:17 AM Post #136 of 1,093
Quote:

Originally Posted by nickchen /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I'll join, my Clip+ is ordered. I think it's more reasonable to wait with RB until I get a stable version with full disc access...but must I always be reasonable?
ph34r.gif

Actually, I have a "hardcore" rockboxed e200, SQ can only become better...
...and the looks uglier
tongue.gif

th_SansaN2.jpg

I have an 8GB Clip V2 (not the Clip +) on a $29 WOOT! deal on the way. Will it too be able to be Rockboxed shortly?

Apr 7, 2010 at 7:18 AM Post #137 of 1,093
Sansa's decision to work together with the internet ragtag definetely makes sense. The fact that it is (or will be) rockboxable is one of the most prominent reasons I finally pulled the trigger.

On the go, I don't care too much for superior SQ though, but it's okay when the stuff sounds good, no matter if I can hear it or not.

Apr 7, 2010 at 5:08 PM Post #138 of 1,093
Well, I got my clip+ yesterday. I rockboxed it and man it was sweet. Clearer than my iPod and the definition seemed a bit better, although I wouldn't say the difference was easily noticeable if I hadn't been looking for it.

Today though, my clip stopped mid song, and is now bricked. I can't believe I let you guys talk me into this.
tongue.gif
frown.gif

Apr 7, 2010 at 5:16 PM Post #139 of 1,093
^Have you tried hard resetting it or booting the OF? Try connecting it to the mains and turning it on whilst holding the HOME button. Mine did what you did a while ago (its done it once since then) but you should be able to reset it ok...

p.s. you should know that any tampering on the device is your sole responsibility :| so no one should be talking you into anything...

Apr 7, 2010 at 5:26 PM Post #140 of 1,093
Quote:

Originally Posted by Onza /img/forum/go_quote.gif
^Have you tried hard resetting it or booting the OF? Try connecting it to the mains and turning it on whilst holding the HOME button. Mine did what you did a while ago (its done it once since then) but you should be able to reset it ok...

p.s. you should know that any tampering on the device is your sole responsibility :| so no one should be talking you into anything...

Anddd... it's back. I thought it would be, the past few times it did that it came back after a while. This one was quite a bit longer so it gave me a scare.

That last part was a joke... sort of
tongue.gif
. It's all good now though.

Apr 7, 2010 at 5:29 PM Post #141 of 1,093
Quote:

Originally Posted by semisight /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Well, I got my clip+ yesterday. I rockboxed it and man it was sweet. Clearer than my iPod and the definition seemed a bit better, although I wouldn't say the difference was easily noticeable if I hadn't been looking for it.

Today though, my clip stopped mid song, and is now bricked. I can't believe I let you guys talk me into this.
tongue.gif
frown.gif

Dude, I doubt it's bricked, if it is, I reckon your's would be the first!

Hold down the power button & the home button at the same time for 10 seconds. It should boot up into the Sansa OF, check it's usb mode from the settings menu and make sure it's set to MSC and if you wish re-install the original Sansa OF (link as follows).

http://mp3support.sandisk.com/firmwa...us01.02.09.zip

Cheers

Mark

Apr 7, 2010 at 6:23 PM Post #143 of 1,093
Quote:

Originally Posted by maporter /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Dude, I doubt it's bricked, if it is, I reckon your's would be the first!

Hold down the power button & the home button at the same time for 10 seconds. It should boot up into the Sansa OF, check it's usb mode from the settings menu and make sure it's set to MSC and if you wish re-install the original Sansa OF (link as follows).

http://mp3support.sandisk.com/firmwa...us01.02.09.zip

Cheers

Mark

I tried that a couple of times, no go. So I left it plugged into my mac and just pushed random buttons every once in a while to get a response.

Apr 8, 2010 at 8:45 AM Post #145 of 1,093
Is it me or have the last several Rockbox builds become increasing unreliable? With regards to playback from the micro sd card, the last four or five builds have gotten a lost worse in this department to the point of being unusable?

I haven't been able to use my micro SD card properly since the builds around the 30/4/10.

I'd be interested to see if anyone else is having issues?

Cheers

Mark

Apr 8, 2010 at 9:24 AM Post #146 of 1,093
I just bought my 8gb clip+. Oh my god. I have no idea if it sounds better than my ipod classic, but the sound coming out of this tiny thing is unbelievable!

Is there a way to keep the screen on the graphic visualization? It goes away every time a new song plays. Would be a super cool fashion item as well.
L3000.gif

Apr 8, 2010 at 12:05 PM Post #148 of 1,093
Hm, I used the r25405 now for some time and hat (until now) no complaints concerning certain shut-downs or other misbehaviour. I use a 16GB SanDisk microSDHC that is packed with music.
The only thing missing is the ability to write on the memory and microSD.
I think I will stay with this build until the RB developers are able to write to memory.

Apr 8, 2010 at 4:16 PM Post #149 of 1,093
Quote:

Originally Posted by dmcom /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Hm, I used the r25405 now for some time and hat (until now) no complaints concerning certain shut-downs or other misbehaviour. I use a 16GB SanDisk microSDHC that is packed with music.
The only thing missing is the ability to write on the memory and microSD.
I think I will stay with this build until the RB developers are able to write to memory.

I'll have to check that build out. I'm using 25504 and it's pretty unreliable. When it works it works but it will crash in the middle of songs and I'll have to go back and turn on shuffle/EQ/crossfeed all over again.

My top two bugs right now are (barring the instability) the read only memory and having to go through the file browser to get to my music (a real pain).

Apr 8, 2010 at 4:52 PM Post #150 of 1,093
I wonder if there is a way to initialize the DB on the PC and have rockbox read it then?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back