SansaClip+ Rockbox Impressions thread
Apr 5, 2010 at 7:05 PM Post #122 of 1,093
Quote:

Originally Posted by malldian /img/forum/go_quote.gif
so can you write yet?

Not yet I'm afraid.

Apr 5, 2010 at 9:54 PM Post #123 of 1,093
Is the "no write" problem something that can be fixed or is it something that's impossible (or just so hard to do it isn't even being worked on) to do given the hardware?

I'm planning on picking up a Clip+ in a month or two, so I don't mind waiting for a while, but I do want to make sure I'm not waiting for something that can't happen at all. That would be a deal breaker.

Apr 5, 2010 at 10:00 PM Post #124 of 1,093
Quote:

Originally Posted by maverickronin /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Is the "no write" problem something that can be fixed or is it something that's impossible (or just so hard to do it isn't even being worked on) to do given the hardware?

I'm planning on picking up a Clip+ in a month or two, so I don't mind waiting for a while, but I do want to make sure I'm not waiting for something that can't happen at all. That would be a deal breaker.

It can happen and probably will, probably at the same time as the Fuze V2 support. It probably is happening to a degree now on some developer's Fuze but isn't stable enough for public consumption. It's a scary thing to debug as well; I can imagine there being a decent chance of bricking your DAP if a write is done incorrectly.

Apr 5, 2010 at 10:26 PM Post #125 of 1,093
Quote:

Originally Posted by maverickronin /img/forum/go_quote.gif

The OF can write, so I don't see any reason why Rockbox wouldn't be able to. The Rockbox developers are working hard on this project, so please keep that in mind. It could be fixed tomorrow, or it could be fixed five years from now. No one really knows.

Even with the OF, the Clip+ is a great DAP.

Apr 5, 2010 at 10:28 PM Post #126 of 1,093
I never even thought about that, plus I suppose the risk of files getting corrupted too. I suppose once all the kinks are ironed out, it'll be good to go!
biggrin.gif

Btw James Pond 2 "Robocod", bloody great game.
wink.gif

Apr 6, 2010 at 2:59 AM Post #128 of 1,093
It's not that it's rare its just that the other popular players around here (apple, sony) prevent their players from any kind of firmware modifcation such as rockbox.

Apr 6, 2010 at 3:34 PM Post #130 of 1,093
I rockboxed my Clip+ succesfully after some struggling, but now when I turn it on and use the RB firmware, it just doesn't recognize ANY songs. When I press 'home' and 'on' and use the original firmware, the songs are there...

What can I do???

Apr 6, 2010 at 3:45 PM Post #131 of 1,093
I had the same problem, not really a problem as such. Just go to the RB filebrowser and go to the folder where your music is. Failing that, make sure you put the show file setting to supported or all and try again.
biggrin.gif

Apr 6, 2010 at 5:39 PM Post #132 of 1,093
Quote:

Originally Posted by Vicentte /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I rockboxed my Clip+ succesfully after some struggling, but now when I turn it on and use the RB firmware, it just doesn't recognize ANY songs. When I press 'home' and 'on' and use the original firmware, the songs are there...

What can I do???

You'll have to use the file browser for now. Since it's still read-only, the database doesn't work yet.

Apr 6, 2010 at 8:30 PM Post #133 of 1,093
I'll join, my Clip+ is ordered. I think it's more reasonable to wait with RB until I get a stable version with full disc access...but must I always be reasonable?
ph34r.gif

Actually, I have a "hardcore" rockboxed e200, SQ can only become better...
...and the looks uglier
tongue.gif

th_SansaN2.jpg

Apr 7, 2010 at 1:33 AM Post #135 of 1,093
Quote:

Originally Posted by nickchen /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I'll join, my Clip+ is ordered. I think it's more reasonable to wait with RB until I get a stable version with full disc access...but must I always be reasonable?
ph34r.gif

Actually, I have a "hardcore" rockboxed e200, SQ can only become better...
...and the looks uglier
tongue.gif

th_SansaN2.jpg

I got the e260 rockboxed as my backup player. It was definitely worth the 5 or 10 bucks I got it for but as a player it's not that great. I'm waiting for the rockbox to be more stable depending on how long that takes. I got a fuze rockboxed so no biggie if I have to wait since I'll be using that as my backup or gym player when I do eventually get it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back