Sansa Fuze+
Aug 4, 2011 at 12:47 PM Post #61 of 102

Quote:
That click wheel is nice.  But if you can't find one....the Fuze+ just came out with another firmware update and it seems that it's FINALLY fixed the quirky interface!!!  I downloaded the latest firmware a week ago and it has run smooth ever since.  Once in a while it's a bit slower than normal, but at least it finally runs smoothly. 

Without a line out, the Fuze + is a joke. So no thanks. 

Aug 18, 2011 at 8:46 AM Post #63 of 102
Quick question: will the clip+ power my HD25 unamped? My old fuze (that I'm now thinking of replacing with the clip+) had some difficulty powering it. 

The alternatives would be (if possible) keeping the HD25 and running it directly, buying a cheap amp (fiio usw.) to do that or completely switching to in-ears (which I'm thinking to do anyways. Which Option has the most merit?  

Aug 18, 2011 at 5:15 PM Post #65 of 102

Quote:
Quick question: will the clip+ power my HD25 unamped? My old fuze (that I'm now thinking of replacing with the clip+) had some difficulty powering it. 

The alternatives would be (if possible) keeping the HD25 and running it directly, buying a cheap amp (fiio usw.) to do that or completely switching to in-ears (which I'm thinking to do anyways. Which Option has the most merit?  

I'd say no.

Aug 18, 2011 at 5:27 PM Post #66 of 102
Why?

Jul 11, 2012 at 7:50 AM Post #67 of 102
I picked up a Sansa Fuze+ out of mere curiosity.

4GB cost me $34 Aus (refurb). With the latest firmware update (which I installed) plus some of your dedicated time they aren't all that bad really. My first problem before updating was you couldn't sort by folder and the touch pad was very strange and often to sensitive. After installing the latest update and what I think "last" update for Fuze+ it was much easier to run around with your finger swipes. Not to say my first few hours with this device didn't have a few problems.

Firstly it would freeze when ever I tried to navigate with an SD card inserted, that was solved my formatting the stock music, photo's and videos on the internal storage. Then after firmware updating it wouldn't show my external card files without first adding a new folder from my PC. Then lastly it decided it didn't want to turn off on pressing the power button, which forced me to do a reset.

After the above problems it seemed to sort itself out and has been running smoothly all day. Getting around is quite easy and I'm sure easier in time. The SQ is very good, to be honest it sounds exactly like the Clip+ to my ears, I understand why people dislike it, though it's not all that bad really I guess. I mean what other player besides Clip+ gives you so many options for $34.

I'f we only had a choice between Fuze+ and ipod I know where my money would be going.

Jul 11, 2012 at 11:37 AM Post #68 of 102
Quote:
4GB cost me $34 Aus (refurb). With the latest firmware update (which I installed) plus some of your dedicated time they aren't all that bad really. My first problem before updating was you couldn't sort by folder and the touch pad was very strange and often to sensitive. After installing the latest update and what I think "last" update for Fuze+ it was much easier to run around with your finger swipes. Not to say my first few hours with this device didn't have a few problems.
Firstly it would freeze when ever I tried to navigate with an SD card inserted, that was solved my formatting the stock music, photo's and videos on the internal storage. Then after firmware updating it wouldn't show my external card files without first adding a new folder from my PC. Then lastly it decided it didn't want to turn off on pressing the power button, which forced me to do a reset.
After the above problems it seemed to sort itself out and has been running smoothly all day. Getting around is quite easy and I'm sure easier in time. The SQ is very good, to be honest it sounds exactly like the Clip+ to my ears, I understand why people dislike it, though it's not all that bad really I guess. I mean what other player besides Clip+ gives you so many options for $34.
I'f we only had a choice between Fuze+ and ipod I know where my money would be going.

It won't get any easier in time....lol. The controls are an abomination, even with Rockbox installed it still makes me want to smash it against a wall sometimes....lol. Mine has been relegated to only "shuffle-all" usage, and only occasionally at that.

It's a shame, really....it's a sexy looking piece of hardware, and the sound is quite good...but unless you're sitting still and not in a hurry, it's essentially unusable unless you shuffle. It was a definite  on SanDisk's part.

Jul 11, 2012 at 9:23 PM Post #69 of 102
It won't get any easier in time....lol. The controls are an abomination, even with Rockbox installed it still makes me want to smash it against a wall sometimes....lol. Mine has been relegated to only "shuffle-all" usage, and only occasionally at that.

It's a shame, really....it's a sexy looking piece of hardware, and the sound is quite good...but unless you're sitting still and not in a hurry, it's essentially unusable unless you shuffle. It was a definite  on SanDisk's part.

Haha. It;s funny you say that, during my first few hours with Fuze+, I said to myself exactly that. 'I wonder how many people have just smashed it into a million pieces lol'. I can sure see how easily people would want too. A majority of my listening is done in bed, I haven't tried to go mobile yet, my rage meter is still quite placid. I can only imagine one would need to stop every time they wanted to change a album, I think the radio is top notch though, it's a breeze to use and has pretty decent sound. 100% agree is a very good looking kit, that's what makes me keep going back to it.

What a shame, they were so close if only they lost the silly touch pad.

Jul 11, 2012 at 10:38 PM Post #70 of 102
Will there be a new Fuze model in 6 weeks? Anyone have any information abut Sandisk's next player?

Jul 11, 2012 at 11:06 PM Post #71 of 102
Quote:
Will there be a new Fuze model in 6 weeks? Anyone have any information abut Sandisk's next player?

At least in recent years, SanDisk has had a practice of not issuing any sort of advance publicity for its players. If a new device is in the pipeline, my bet is it will just magically appear on their website one day.

Jul 12, 2012 at 7:34 AM Post #72 of 102
Quote:

Haha! It sounds like my Sansa View with all the firmware problems! I have come to terms with it, having owned it since 2007, and I don't use a memory card since that would create similar problems as you were having with your Fuze+. And let's not forget the hilarious bug where each track on the memory card is duplicated each time the database refreshes, and it can only be remedied by changing the name of the root folder on the player.

Sansa players become really good if you install Rockbox on them...

Sep 26, 2012 at 12:39 PM Post #73 of 102
Quote:

So there is no different in term of sound quality between Sansa Fuze+ & Sansa Clip +?
Because some say that Sansa Clip+ sounds better than Sansa Fuze+?
Please comment.

Sep 26, 2012 at 4:28 PM Post #74 of 102
So there is no different in term of sound quality between Sansa Fuze+ & Sansa Clip +?
Because some say that Sansa Clip+ sounds better than Sansa Fuze+?

Please comment.

The Sansa clip+ and fuze+ both sound the same. No matter what some claim they sound identical.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back