Sansa Fuze+
Sep 26, 2012 at 8:41 PM Post #76 of 102
They sound the same,...clip+, clipzip, fuze, fuze+. All sound the same. The only difference is the volume. That's about it,...period. Sorry to burst your bubble.

Go to the Anythingbutipod.com forums and look in the Sansa section. RMAA,...MUAHAHAHAHAHAHBUA. :wink:

Sep 29, 2012 at 10:12 PM Post #77 of 102
They sound the same,...clip+, clipzip, fuze, fuze+. All sound the same. The only difference is the volume. That's about it,...period. Sorry to burst your bubble.
Go to the Anythingbutipod.com forums and look in the Sansa section. RMAA,...MUAHAHAHAHAHAHBUA. :wink:

I found there is one critical different between Sansa Fuze (old model) abn Sansa Fuze Plus (new model) that Fuze Plus does not have LINE OUT.
Thus, you cannot further improve the sound quality by line out docking cable.
Do you have any comment?

Sep 30, 2012 at 5:41 PM Post #78 of 102
I found there is one critical different between Sansa Fuze (old model) abn Sansa Fuze Plus (new model) that Fuze Plus does not have LINE OUT.
Thus, you cannot further improve the sound quality by line out docking cable.
Do you have any comment?

Yes, I have a comment. No duh on the LOD. And why should that make the fuze+ more desirable??? Do YOU have a comment???

The fuze+, sadly, is crap. I owned it, my buddy has it now, it's a dust collector.

Jul 29, 2013 at 2:04 PM Post #81 of 102
I bought the Sansa Clip+, Clip Zip and Fuze+ and earlier this evening I Rockboxed Fuze+ as last of the 3.

I have spent most time with the Zip but I have the feeling the Fuze+ doesn't sound half as good as the Zip/Clip+. I mostly miss bass but overall the SQ seems less. Is it me or do more people experience that?

I have to admit, esp. with Rockbox, the capacitive buttons don't work half as bad as on, let's say, my Colorfly C3. I would even go so far as saying they work quite good (as far as capacitive buttons go). I would go for real buttons anytime though.

The Zip is still my favorite, with the Clip+ as a close second. Lovely little gadgets they are.

Jul 29, 2013 at 2:11 PM Post #83 of 102
Quote:
I bought the Sansa Clip+, Clip Zip and Fuze+ and earlier this evening I Rockboxed Fuze+ as last of the 3.

I have spent most time with the Zip but I have the feeling the Fuze+ doesn't sound half as good as the Zip/Clip+. I mostly miss bass but overall the SQ seems less. Is it me or do more people experience that?

I have to admit, esp. with Rockbox, the capacitive buttons don't work half as bad as on, let's say, my Colorfly C3. I would even go so far as saying they work quite good (as far as capacitive buttons go). I would go for real buttons anytime though.

The Zip is still my favorite, with the Clip+ as a close second. Lovely little gadgets they are.

It's been a while, but I remember thinking the Fuze+ wasn't quite as good as my Zips. Still not a bad sounding player, though.

Jul 29, 2013 at 2:18 PM Post #84 of 102
Don't think it's bad but it sounded what disappointing.
Couldn't get a good result with the settings too.

I should give it some more time I guess.

Most of the files I played were 320 .mp3's while on my Zip it's all FLAC but that shouldn't make such a big difference.

Jul 29, 2013 at 2:21 PM Post #85 of 102
Quote:
Don't think it's bad but it sounded what disappointing.
Couldn't get a good result with the settings too.

I should give it some more time I guess.

Most of the files I played were 320 .mp3's while on my Zip it's all FLAC but that shouldn't make such a big difference.

If nothing else, you can save it for those times the other players are hooked up charging their batteries.
smile_phones.gif

Jul 29, 2013 at 2:41 PM Post #86 of 102
Quote:
If nothing else, you can save it for those times the other players are hooked up charging their batteries.
smile_phones.gif

You must have read my mind :wink:

Got enough players now that I can recharge those two with solar power during winter and always have a player with juice left. Gadgetmania ftw!
My boss asked today when I would open my store :wink:

Jul 30, 2013 at 12:20 AM Post #87 of 102
I was ready to throw my fuze+ out last year with the stock ui and its sluggish controls. Rockbox exceeded my expectations and made the fuze+ more than functional. I even bought a clip zip for when Im on the go and rockboxed it too. I just love the speedy ui, sound tweaks, and versatility of playlists.

Aug 3, 2013 at 10:45 PM Post #88 of 102
Quote:
I was ready to throw my fuze+ out last year with the stock ui and its sluggish controls. Rockbox exceeded my expectations and made the fuze+ more than functional. I even bought a clip zip for when Im on the go and rockboxed it too. I just love the speedy ui, sound tweaks, and versatility of playlists.

exactly. the clips are still better than the fuze+ but the latter is not that unusable(like what others describe it) especially when it's rockboxed. plus, you get a longer battery life than the clips as a bonus

Aug 5, 2013 at 4:45 AM Post #90 of 102
Quote:
Are there any ways to replace the battery in the Fuze+?
Mine charges to 100% but it drops to 78% as soon as I removed it from the charger.

I doubt it but you can buy a refurbished one plm. $30.- at itstore on ebay.
I got my Fuze+, Clip+ and Clip Zip from there and they are reliable.
You don't get the box but you get what's in it and it all looks and works like new. Not one had the slightest scratch on it.
Even if it's possible to replace the battery I doubt if it's worth the trouble.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back