Sansa Fuze LODs?
Feb 7, 2009 at 8:04 AM Post #17 of 43
If this is posted just a few days earlier I probably would not have gone with Zune. I far prefer generic file format (FLAC) and the generic software for transfer.

If some someone would figure this out on the Zune, then I might feel half as bad.

Feb 7, 2009 at 8:19 AM Post #18 of 43
Sorry to hear that, Navyblue. The LOD for Fuze has been figured out for quite sometime now, but never did it becomes popular. This is actually one of the reason I pick up my Fuze - knowing I can do something about the LO signal.

Anyway, just to inform you guys and gals that I already posted the diyLOD guide over at the DIY forum.

Feb 7, 2009 at 9:14 AM Post #19 of 43
Ohh that is nice work there. I'd love to have one myself but unfortunately I have zero skills in soldering or any DIY projects.

Feb 7, 2009 at 10:01 AM Post #20 of 43
No problem ClieOS, now I am considering putting up the Zune that hasn't arrive yet. but I can't decide.

This may make the Fuze the king of flash player. IMO it has most if not all the desirable feature we could ever want.

Feb 7, 2009 at 10:29 AM Post #21 of 43
Well done! Now we need someone to start mass producing those for 16.56$ shipped (with some mogami/canare cable)
evil_smiley.gif

Feb 7, 2009 at 7:06 PM Post #22 of 43
Any takers on mass producing?
normal_smile .gif
I've been waiting for this.

Feb 8, 2009 at 1:00 AM Post #24 of 43
Before everyone gets all bent out of shape fanboying the Fuze's line out, let me report what I have found.....

I have done this comparison many times with different amps and headphones, but I did it again today, just to make sure that what I previously reported was still accurate.

I listened to it this way

standard.jpg

standard.jpg

standard.jpg

(connected to my Woo3 with a Zu Pivot and HD650s.)

All three sounded exactly the same.

So, before you spend any serious money on line out cables for the Fuze, repeat what I have just done with the $14.99 Griffin Dock and a Zu Pivot cable. Go ahead. Connect it up to a decent amplifier and have yourself a good listen with some good headphones.

Then, I listened to the same music from my laptop's barely Mid-Fi rig..... Giant Bummer!

Because, good as the Fuze is, and I think it's possibly the best portable around, the mid-fi laptop > usb > Blue Circle Thingee > Constantine (optical) > Woo3 > 650s, completely blew it away.... I mean blew it out of the water, vaporized, gone, no contest........

Maybe YMMV, but I don't think very much.

What we do need is a line out dock that has an ipod adapter on the other side so we can use all the ipod accessories already on the market.

USG

Feb 8, 2009 at 1:25 AM Post #26 of 43
How is it hooked up in the second photo? Obviously the 1st one is connected to the dock and the 3rd is hooked to your woo via the Zu but, I cant make out how it's connected in the second photo.

Feb 8, 2009 at 2:00 AM Post #27 of 43
Quote:

Originally Posted by Jdogg /img/forum/go_quote.gif
How is it hooked up in the second photo? Obviously the 1st one is connected to the dock and the 3rd is hooked to your woo via the Zu but, I cant make out how it's connected in the second photo.

I'm using a Griffin "Fuze to USB to AC adapter" for power and the pivot for sound plugged into the headphone jack....

It will also work this way if you pull the usb jack about 1/2 way out, so it looses the computer connection but still maintains the power connection.

USG

Feb 13, 2009 at 5:25 AM Post #28 of 43
Quote:

Originally Posted by upstateguy /img/forum/go_quote.gif
What we do need is a line out dock that has an ipod adapter on the other side so we can use all the ipod accessories already on the market.

USG

Yes - but that'd really only be worth it if it passed a clean digital output...so you could use it with an external dac.
wink.gif

Speaking of which, I see a lot of line-out projects for this little unit, but has anyone toyed with a DIY digital-out cable for it?

Feb 13, 2009 at 5:56 AM Post #29 of 43
Fuze's SoC doesn't have, or support, a digital output. Unless Sandisk already implemented a separated output stage in addition to those already on the SoC (which I doubt), it can't be easily done.

Feb 13, 2009 at 6:08 AM Post #30 of 43
Quote:

Originally Posted by Zaubertuba /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Yes - but that'd really only be worth it if it passed a clean digital output...so you could use it with an external dac.
wink.gif

Speaking of which, I see a lot of line-out projects for this little unit, but has anyone toyed with a DIY digital-out cable for it?

Hey Z

I don't understand what you mean?

USG

Users who are viewing this thread

Back