Sansa Fuze LODs?
Feb 6, 2009 at 2:38 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 43

LingLing1337

CAUTION INCOMPLETE TRADES
Hey all, I saw a thread on the Sansa web site and have heard talk around here about a LOD for a Sansa Fuze and was wondering if there's anyone out there currently who can make one. If there is, PM me. Thanks.

Feb 6, 2009 at 3:03 AM Post #2 of 43
I'd make a request that they don't just PM you but post here about details if there are any new developments.

I know Clie was working on one and I linked to the sansa forums thread on this a while ago too...

Feb 6, 2009 at 5:10 AM Post #4 of 43
You gotta get yourself a new amp before that would work though!
smily_headphones1.gif

Feb 6, 2009 at 11:51 PM Post #6 of 43
Quote:

Originally Posted by ZoNtO /img/forum/go_quote.gif
You gotta get yourself a new amp before that would work though!
smily_headphones1.gif

LOL....ZoNtO, that looks an awful lot like an e3 in your avatar!?!
tongue.gif

Feb 7, 2009 at 12:24 AM Post #8 of 43
^Yes siree. The Fuze already sounds excellent. In fact, as far as I'm concerned, my only complaints are A. Lack of storage space (However, you can always stock up on MicroSDs and B. Interface is rather plain. But B can hardly be considered a complaint, because it does its job well.

Feb 7, 2009 at 12:35 AM Post #9 of 43
Here is a preview of my Fuze's diyLOD guide (yes, the name is indeed stole from diyMOD
tongue.gif
). I am still in process of writing it up.

FLOD14.jpg

Fuze - diyLOD - iBasso T4 - Head-Direct's RE0

Feb 7, 2009 at 1:25 AM Post #12 of 43
Quote:

Originally Posted by dantztiludrop /img/forum/go_quote.gif
LOL....ZoNtO, that looks an awful lot like an e3 in your avatar!?!
tongue.gif

Oh I just haven't changed that. It's been sold a while. I meant that he needed to get an amp with a volume control if he's gonna go LOD route is all.
smily_headphones1.gif

Feb 7, 2009 at 1:27 AM Post #13 of 43
Quote:

Originally Posted by ClieOS /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Here is a preview of my Fuze's diyLOD guide (yes, the name is indeed stole from diyMOD
tongue.gif
). I am still in process of writing it up.

FLOD14.jpg

Fuze - diyLOD - iBasso T4 - Head-Direct's RE0

So, ClieOS, you have actually completed a diyLOD now? And are just in the process of writing up the guide? Good deal! I think it was just a couple days ago that you had said you were going to try to make one (could be mistaken though?). I'm pretty excited to hear how this project turned out! I'm sure that more news will be forthcoming, but any initial word on SQ changes?

Sorry to go off-topic, but I didn't realize the T4 was so small(?)!

Feb 7, 2009 at 1:53 AM Post #14 of 43
Quote:

Originally Posted by Earwax /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Excellent, I can't wait to see it, ClieOS.

I wonder if the same LOD will work with the E2xx and C2xx?

this is a great question because they all use the docking/charging cable

Feb 7, 2009 at 5:17 AM Post #15 of 43
It is possible to use it on the other Sandisk players that utilized the same dock, but you have to be sure that pin22 on the player isn't occupied by something else besides the 3V supply needed for the diyLOD. If it is occupied, that you will have to find another way / pin to get the voltage needed to enable LO mode on pin #7. More experiments on those players will be needed to determine how well that plays out.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back