Sansa Clip+, Fiio E7, Beyerdynamic DT-990 Pro's (250 Ohm) SQ?
Nov 16, 2012 at 10:51 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

Kyle98750

New Head-Fier
Would this combination sound good, audiophile good?
Also, would the fact that the audio (all my.songs are in FLAC or WAV lossless) get distorted or be effected in any way by the fact that it is going threw the clip's AMP and the fiio e7?

Nov 16, 2012 at 10:53 PM Post #2 of 6
Quote:
Would this combination sound good, audiophile good?
Also, would the fact that the audio (all my.songs are in FLAC or WAV lossless) get distorted or be effected in any way by the fact that it is going threw the clip's AMP and the fiio e7?

Heya,

The E7 is pointless in that setup because it has a DAC which you're not using. I would go to the Fiio E11 instead.

And yes, the Sansa + E11 + DT990 250ohm works great. Very bassy with some sparkle.

If you get the Sansa Fuze, it has line level output via the serial LOD on the bottom, which can then go to your amp. I would get it instead if you can (not the Fuze+, the original Fuze).

Here's how they look together:

Very best,

Nov 18, 2012 at 10:07 AM Post #4 of 6
Follow-up: between one of the cheap tube amps (Bravo, Muse) linked in the other Beyer thread and the e11, will there be any perceptible sound differences?  Right now I have the DT 990 250 pro and the 990 600 premium, and deciding on my best option-- the 250 premium is on Amazon warehouse for the same as the 600 (prefer straight cable).  Will the e11 drive the 600 adequately?  I bought the 250 pro and 600 premium with the intent of returning 1 of the 2.  But now I'm considering returning both in favor of either the 250 premium or 32 premium, so that I can listen from a portable device (realized I don't want to be tethered to the desktop at home or docking station at work.

Based on what was posted in the other thread, the 32 will still require some sort of amp, right?  My other option is to go an entirely different direction when the M-100 or K267 are released.      

Users who are viewing this thread

Back