Sandisk Clip Zip, Fuze+ or Clip+
Feb 7, 2012 at 3:01 PM Post #61 of 88

Quote:
Have they worked out the resume issues that the Clip Zip had? Most who prefer the Clip Zip to the Clip+ don't seem to play many podcasts or audiobooks.

Or they use Rockbox.
wink_face.gif

Feb 7, 2012 at 3:10 PM Post #62 of 88
AFAIK Rockbox doesn't have the resume feature that the Clip+ original firmware has.

Feb 7, 2012 at 3:43 PM Post #63 of 88

Quote:
AFAIK Rockbox doesn't have the resume feature that the Clip+ original firmware has.

Yes it does. Go into the settings and it's right there. The issue is you have to search for it, that's all. Well worth it IMO. My buddy above you would know,...

Feb 7, 2012 at 4:06 PM Post #64 of 88
Does Rockbox keep track of which podcast in a series of podcasts it is in the middle of, and the place in the file? Will it let me play some podcasts, some music, turn off the player, then when I turn it on remember which podcast file it is in the middle of playing, and remember the place in the file? AFAIK, only the Sandisk original firmware can do that.

Feb 7, 2012 at 4:10 PM Post #65 of 88

Quote:
Does Rockbox keep track of which podcast in a series of podcasts it is in the middle of, and the place in the file? Will it let me play some podcasts, some music, turn off the player, then when I turn it on remember which podcast file it is in the middle of playing, and remember the place in the file? AFAIK, only the Sandisk original firmware can do that.

You do have some very unique usage patterns....lol.
I can't answer your question, because I use my iPod Touch for my podcasts.

Feb 7, 2012 at 4:19 PM Post #66 of 88
What is strange about listening to both podcasts and music on the same player? I think all players should be able to do this well. Unfortunately very few do.

Feb 7, 2012 at 5:00 PM Post #67 of 88

Quote:
What is strange about listening to both podcasts and music on the same player? I think all players should be able to do this well. Unfortunately very few do.

I'm curious too. I listen to tons of podcasts as well and commonly switch between them and music.  Having the PMP remember where you stopped you think would be standard

Feb 7, 2012 at 5:07 PM Post #68 of 88
Most players remember the place in the last played file, and which file was played last. The problem is that if someone listens to music before they turn off the player, then what is remembered is the music file and the place in it, and not the last played podcast file.

Jan 5, 2013 at 2:49 PM Post #70 of 88
As of January 2013, what is a consensus regarding buying the Clip+ vs. Clip Zip?
(I don't want video, etc.)
Is  Clip Zip's  firmware still unstable? .....

What class SanDisk microSD cards (32 GB) do you use? I think that Class 4 is fast enough for audio playback, but the trasfer time is much slower than that of Class 10.
For practical reasons and not paying too much, will, a  Class 6 card  be fast enough to transfer music files?

Thanx.

Jan 5, 2013 at 5:27 PM Post #71 of 88
I like the Clip zip sound. I use it for when I am out doors. But as of late I find the the zip is starting to freeze from time to time after latest firmware update.
and what I mean by freeze is it gets stuck on a track and will not do a thing for about 30 seconds or so.

Jan 6, 2013 at 4:59 PM Post #72 of 88
Quote:
I like the Clip zip sound. I use it for when I am out doors. But as of late I find the the zip is starting to freeze from time to time after latest firmware update.
and what I mean by freeze is it gets stuck on a track and will not do a thing for about 30 seconds or so.

Thanx for warning. I'll go with the Clip+ then.

Jan 7, 2013 at 5:56 AM Post #73 of 88
Quote:

Rockbox is the answer. I wouldn't use a Sansa without it! 

Jan 7, 2013 at 4:45 PM Post #74 of 88
FWIW play have the 4 gig version of the zip down to about £27 inc p+p!  Bit of a bargain that.

Cheers

Jan 23, 2013 at 9:54 PM Post #75 of 88
Just bumping this thread.  Right now, Amazon has 4GB Clip+ for $29.99 and 4GB Clip Zip for $39.99. 

I intend to use Rockbox.  Is it available now for the Clip Zip? 

Is there some consensus now on which unit is better? 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back