Sandisk Clip Zip, Fuze+ or Clip+
Feb 4, 2012 at 3:07 AM Post #46 of 88
driving my AKG K518 from headphone out, half volume (eu capped) low/medium listening volume, the battery lasted 24 hours playing ALAC.

Feb 4, 2012 at 3:16 AM Post #47 of 88

Quote:
driving my AKG K518 from headphone out, half volume (eu capped) low/medium listening volume, the battery lasted 24 hours playing ALAC.

Does the battery life change when using the line-out instead of the headphone-out? I've never tried the line-out of my Touch.

Feb 6, 2012 at 1:32 PM Post #52 of 88
i'm testing battery life with LOD now, been playing for 11 hours so far

Feb 6, 2012 at 1:58 PM Post #53 of 88

Quote:
Hi,

Does anyone have any idea if the clip zip can be rockboxed using clip+'s firmware or when the firmware for clip zip will be out?

Thank you.

Clip+ firmware does not work. Rockbox for Clip Zip is available now for the experienced user, if you know where to look.....and one of the developers said the other day that it would be available in the Rockbox Utility very soon for everyone else.

Quote:
i'm testing battery life with LOD now, been playing for 11 hours so far

Looking forward to seeing what number you get to and comparing it to your headphone-out time.

Feb 7, 2012 at 3:31 AM Post #54 of 88
only 25 hours, so not much difference, this is all playing lossless, leaving it playing constantly. So headphone out at low/medium volume 24 hours, LOD out 25 hours.

This is all non-scientific and just a home experiment.

Regards

Feb 7, 2012 at 3:33 AM Post #55 of 88
also ive had the iPod since the end of september.

Feb 7, 2012 at 3:44 AM Post #56 of 88

Quote:
only 25 hours, so not much difference, this is all playing lossless, leaving it playing constantly. So headphone out at low/medium volume 24 hours, LOD out 25 hours.
This is all non-scientific and just a home experiment.
Regards

Very interesting! Thanks for experimenting.

Feb 7, 2012 at 4:09 AM Post #57 of 88
no problem. If you have any other ipod related questions dont hesitate to ask.

Feb 7, 2012 at 10:02 AM Post #58 of 88
So if I were to get a player now, I should invest in the clip zip instead of the clip+?

Thanks for the prompt reply!
Quote:
Clip+ firmware does not work. Rockbox for Clip Zip is available now for the experienced user, if you know where to look.....and one of the developers said the other day that it would be available in the Rockbox Utility very soon for everyone else.

Feb 7, 2012 at 10:31 AM Post #59 of 88

Quote:
So if I were to get a player now, I should invest in the clip zip instead of the clip+?

Thanks for the prompt reply!

I would say yes, unless you find a great sale price on a Clip+.

Feb 7, 2012 at 2:56 PM Post #60 of 88
Have they worked out the resume issues that the Clip Zip had? Most who prefer the Clip Zip to the Clip+ don't seem to play many podcasts or audiobooks.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back