Sandisk Clip Zip, Fuze+ or Clip+
Jan 17, 2012 at 9:11 AM Post #16 of 88
yes i had the jack problem with the clip+ and soldered it a few time, but it complety died so i got an ipod classic.

Jan 17, 2012 at 9:41 AM Post #17 of 88
After reading about the jack problems with Clip+, I got one of these:

It might look a bit stupid, but I figured that if I have the adapter plugged in all the time and plug in my headphones into it, I will reduce the wear on the headphone jack of the Clip+...

Jan 17, 2012 at 10:28 AM Post #19 of 88

Quote:
After reading about the jack problems with Clip+, I got one of these:

It might look a bit stupid, but I figured that if I have the adapter plugged in all the time and plug in my headphones into it, I will reduce the wear on the headphone jack of the Clip+...

Hey! That's not a bad idea. I might actually do that. This wouldn't change anything sonically would it?

Jan 17, 2012 at 10:29 AM Post #20 of 88

Quote:
yes i had the jack problem with the clip+ and soldered it a few time, but it complety died so i got an ipod classic.

You soldered it a few times eh? I was thinking about taking my (second) Clip+ in and getting it soldered at an electronics repair shop. I don't have a soldering gun or friends that do. But if the fix isn't going to be permanent then I may as well buy a new player. Sandisk is brutal.. they haven't fixed their pitch/playback issue and they haven't fixed the headphone jack issue. 

Screw them.

Jan 17, 2012 at 10:33 AM Post #21 of 88
thats why i went apple, for the build quality. Also the line out is as good as the Clip+ and it has way more memory.

Jan 17, 2012 at 10:43 AM Post #22 of 88
I got mine off a seller on Ebay, and I haven't noticed any difference in SQ at all. As long as it is constructed properly, the adapter should not affect the SQ. They are so cheap that you can buy and try yourself. Just search "3.5 jack mm to 3.5 mm right adapter" on Ebay.

Jan 17, 2012 at 10:57 AM Post #23 of 88

Quote:
last I checked rockbox for clip zip is still in beta.

I've been running it for weeks without issue. Granted, for someone new to it, it might be wise to wait a bit.

Jan 17, 2012 at 2:33 PM Post #25 of 88
Jan 17, 2012 at 2:34 PM Post #26 of 88

Quote:
I've been running it for weeks without issue. Granted, for someone new to it, it might be wise to wait a bit.

it's not that I'm technically deprived, my clip+ died couple of days after I rockboxed it(was fine with the stock firmware for 5 whole days). It might be a hardware/software or my fault(not blaming rockbox here). but I'm reluctant to tamper my clip zip 'cause I don't want to go through the returning procedure again!

Jan 17, 2012 at 2:50 PM Post #27 of 88
Jan 17, 2012 at 2:56 PM Post #28 of 88
Sorry if I've already asked this... does the 4G have a crossfeed feature and/or application? That is one of the things about Rockbox that I find so attractive.

Edit: I would use a LOD with my iPod if it meant that I could achieve a flat frequency response. Even if that mean the LOD had to go out to my PA2V2 and then to my KRK KNS 8400. I just want high-detail, crossfeed and a flat frequency response. From what I know the PA2V2 is flat (see below). 

http://rmaa.elektrokrishna.com/Various/Echo%20Gina%20-%20PA2V2.htm

I don't think it'd cause any sonic problems... at least not that I can tell. 

Thoughts?

Jan 17, 2012 at 2:59 PM Post #29 of 88
My Clip+ died after a year and some. I know it's cheap, but still. Anyone have any experience wrt life-expectancy for the Zip?

Jan 17, 2012 at 3:01 PM Post #30 of 88

Quote:
Sorry if I've already asked this... does the 4G have a crossfeed feature and/or application? That is one of the things about Rockbox that I find so attractive.

Crossfeed, no....unless there's an app for it that I don't know about.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back