San Jose Meet - Sat August 6
Jun 13, 2005 at 6:24 PM Post #76 of 259
Quote:

Originally Posted by Sleestack
Is anyone doing a head count? I need to have a rough idea of how many people are coming.

bubbagump has 28 people coming in post #1. I suspect we will end up being more than that...
Quote:

I just picked up and Onix CD-1 redbook player, so I'll be bringing that as well.

that's great I really wanted to listen to the big daddy of my XCD-88
cool.gif

Jun 13, 2005 at 9:00 PM Post #77 of 259
Newbie here that is REALLY interested in listening to many different headphones/amps/sources. I'm interested in hearing different canalphones so hopefully more will be available by the time of the meet. I'll be there but as of right now, there isn't much I can bring from my meager collection of audio gear. Is that okay? I doubt anyone would be interested in hearing a Sony D-NE900 PCDP though I think it sounds pretty good for a 'modern' one.

Jun 13, 2005 at 9:14 PM Post #78 of 259
Quote:

Originally Posted by wildfire
I'll be there but as of right now, there isn't much I can bring from my meager collection of audio gear. Is that okay?

Absolutely. This will be a great meet for recent (or soon-to-be) converts to the head-fi world, with a lot of gear across the entire price spectrum.

Quote:

Originally Posted by wildfire
I'm interested in hearing different canalphones so hopefully more will be available by the time of the meet.

Personally, the vote is still out for me on trying out canalphones at a meet. I know some of the stuff I've pulled out of my ears...
icon10.gif

Jun 13, 2005 at 10:14 PM Post #79 of 259
Quote:

Originally Posted by clarke68
Personally, the vote is still out for me on trying out canalphones at a meet.

Maybe we could all pitch in and get one of those 50-packs of tips from Shure and Ety?

EDIT: Post #250

Jun 14, 2005 at 2:58 AM Post #80 of 259
Quote:

Originally Posted by bubbagump
I give up. The Marantz, the NEC and I get to guess between 4 MD players and your computer? eeep!

heh, i posted the list earlier...
marantz, nec and sony ce-595 sacd

Jun 14, 2005 at 3:42 PM Post #81 of 259
I contacted Woo Audio and they will try to send us a prototype of their new Woo Audio 4
a "dual-mono, class A headphone/hi-eff speaker amp" to audition at the meet. Knowing how good the Woo Audio 3 is, I am drooling in anticipation....

Jun 14, 2005 at 6:29 PM Post #82 of 259
Quote:

Originally Posted by calaf
I contacted Woo Audio and they will try to send us a prototype of their new Woo Audio 4
a "dual-mono, class A headphone/hi-eff speaker amp" to audition at the meet. Knowing how good the Woo Audio 3 is, I am drooling in anticipation....

oh sweetness.

Jun 14, 2005 at 7:38 PM Post #83 of 259
Quote:

Originally Posted by bubbagump
Quote:

I contacted Woo Audio and they will try to send us a prototype of their new Woo Audio 4 a "dual-mono, class A headphone/hi-eff speaker amp" to audition at the meet. Knowing how good the Woo Audio 3 is, I am drooling in anticipation....

oh sweetness.

Indeed! Way to go Calaf on the insider industry hook up!

Jun 16, 2005 at 3:52 AM Post #85 of 259
Quote:

Originally Posted by kramer5150
I'll bring my guzzler g-moy... if anyones interested.

i was considering picking up a few boards actually...

Jun 19, 2005 at 2:19 AM Post #86 of 259
It looks like TTVJ will be in the house! I know I'm looking forward to meeting him in person.

Jun 20, 2005 at 2:55 AM Post #87 of 259
Quote:

Originally Posted by Sleestack
It looks like TTVJ will be in the house!

Yeah!!! Is he going to bring any sweet 'tables? This meet is getting huge!

Jun 20, 2005 at 4:22 AM Post #88 of 259
now we should try to get Ray to come (or at least his new toy, the Hornet
rolleyes.gif
). Anyone would like to get in touch with him?

Jun 20, 2005 at 7:15 AM Post #89 of 259
Quote:

now we should try to get Ray to come (or at least his new toy, the Hornet
rolleyes.gif
). Anyone would like to get in touch with him?

I'm sure Todd will bring some of Ray's toys along.

Jun 20, 2005 at 8:21 AM Post #90 of 259
I'll try and bring in a Mac Mini with a Coda/Overture stack and some Apple Lossless encoded 44KHz stereo classical music. We can see how the new micro DAC and amp compare with the trial run. I am interested in listening to the DAC1, m902 and Desktop DAC+Amp.

If anyone is interested, I can also bring in a Slim Devices Squeezebox2 and a Marantz SA8260 SACD player or a Pioneer DV-45A.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back