San Jose Meet - Sat August 6
May 31, 2005 at 10:12 PM Post #46 of 259
this is just getting better and better, i was really dissapointed the DAC1 and akg 271s werent on the list, since these look to be eventual purchases for me. it looks like we have just about everything. my senn 580s have the grill mod and a new 650 cord so that should be good for some a/b tests with the stock 600s and 580s. alsoi saw someone was asking about adapters, i will be bringing my grado 1/4-->1/8 adapter that is actually pretty rad. plus i want to listen to grados through a legit source, PLUS we get all the new headroom amps, this is gonna be sweet.

rj

Jun 2, 2005 at 8:26 PM Post #49 of 259
Quote:

Originally Posted by dgardner
One thing that always seems to be in short supply at meets are interconnects and RCA splitters. People should plan to pack a couple extras.

I have a rat shack adapter laying around... If I can find it I'll bring it.
Someone expressed interest in my V6 modded with KSC75 drivers... Id bring it but Ive now transplanted the drivers to a modded MDR-V200.

Fore certain the KSC driver sounds crappy in that V6 earcup. The upper midrange resonance/snarl that exists in the stock V6 carries over into the KSC75 driver, which makes me believe the V6 mid harshness a byproduct of the earcup geometry, NOT the stock driver itself.

It kind of works in the V6 because its a pretty precise driver, so the exageration is purely that... just an exageration/resonance fixed at ~3000Hz.

the exageration absolutely kills a less precise driver ... like the KSC75, which is a little muddy and more conjested than a V6 driver. So you take a slightly more conjested driver and you feed it with an acoustic resonance at 3k... the result is muddy mids across the spectrum... not JUST fixed at that fundamental freqency... Yuk

Garrett

Jun 3, 2005 at 4:40 AM Post #50 of 259
Quote:

Originally Posted by xantus
allrighty, well if i'm coming this is what I can bring. (cause we seem to have a billion phones with like 10 sources)

sony SCD-ce595
Marantz CD-67se
Nec 6xe -> Audio Alchemy DacMan

Stax sr404
Stax srm313

very excited to hear the 313/404 combo
smily_headphones1.gif

Jun 3, 2005 at 4:57 AM Post #51 of 259
Quote:

Originally Posted by kramer5150
Someone expressed interest in my V6 modded with KSC75 drivers... Id bring it but Ive now transplanted the drivers to a modded MDR-V200.

*raises a hand* should be interesting to a/b it with the stock ones.

Jun 3, 2005 at 5:24 AM Post #52 of 259
I just picked up a few more pieces of gear.

I'll bring the Prepetual Technologies P1 and P3.

I also ordered the Meridian G57 and EAR 864 Preamp, but I'm not sure I'll bring those.

Jun 7, 2005 at 6:15 AM Post #58 of 259
Ive never been to a meet before...

Curious.. and my wallet is almost affraid to ask...

Do people usually bring stuff for sale/trade? I think that hotel has a wireless lan in the lobby. I could paypal you guys asap!!!

SR71 might make a nice addition, and I might want to trade my DT770 for an SR225, HD580, or K501
very_evil_smiley.gif

My MS2 has all the bass I need.
Garrett

Jun 8, 2005 at 5:58 PM Post #59 of 259
Quote:

Originally Posted by kramer5150
SR71 might make a nice addition, and I might want to trade my DT770 for an SR225, HD580, or K501
very_evil_smiley.gif

we'll have a couple laptops there, I'm sure we'll have a link to the net in some shape or form. I'm going to have a little cash/money in paypal just in case as well...maybe.

Jun 9, 2005 at 5:50 AM Post #60 of 259
Quote:

Originally Posted by ilovesocks
Does anybody have a Channel Islands VHP-1? I've been wanting to compare it to the Gilmore Lite.

Yes, if everything goes according to plan, we will have a VHP-1 at the meet, courtesy dusty_v hissef! The CI amp is an obvious competitor to the Lite because they're almost exactly the same color...so compare them we shall!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back