San Jose, CA Local Head-Fi Meet - January 30th at Alum Rock Library Event Room
Jan 6, 2016 at 6:48 PM Post #106 of 237
I'll have to see. The tape deck alone weighs 50 lbs. Then add the dbx noise reduction unit and ADC, not to mention tape and reels, and all the other stuff I am planning to bring....

Ah, ok. It's like that one time I brought a full vinyl rig to a meet. I wouldn't bother. Maybe a mini-meet would be the way to go :) 

Jan 6, 2016 at 6:56 PM Post #107 of 237
Okay, @DecentLevi, you got me.

I'm in for this meet. 
beerchug.gif

I'll bring my modded Senn HD580 + Geek Out V2 Infinity. Nothing fancy like last time since I'd like to check out people's gears more.

Jan 6, 2016 at 9:07 PM Post #109 of 237
@Bill-P Sounds fantastic. We'll enjoy seeing you again. Yeah try to come early and make the most of it this time. 

Also we could really use a photographer for this event. Would you like to do that, Bill? Or would anyone else like to take this on? Well, 1-2 photographers are good.

This is really looking like one of the most unique, epic meets ever!!!

@Sable welcome, I've got you on the list too.

Now on another note, I'm inclined to inform everybody of another rule:
No selling is allowed at this meet. Per the library rules, all events must be open to the public for free, and no selling is to be allowed. I have already discussed this with the two MOTs that will be present, and they will be happy to just set up their table for demoing and mingle with us. Discussing future transactions is OK, but just not selling it during the meet. Thanks everybody 

Jan 6, 2016 at 10:49 PM Post #110 of 237
I'm hopeful to attend, but not a sure thing. If I can plan ahead, I'll bring some stuff. I may end up between headphones though, due to an untimely deal. If I can't plan, just me, wandering around and listening to stuff.

Possible gear:
Audio-gd Dac-19
Cavalli Liquid Carbon
Cavalli Liquid Crimson
Headphones??? Or not…

Jan 7, 2016 at 1:28 AM Post #111 of 237
I'm hopeful to attend, but not a sure thing. If I can plan ahead, I'll bring some stuff. I may end up between headphones though, due to an untimely deal. If I can't plan, just me, wandering around and listening to stuff.

Possible gear:
Audio-gd Dac-19
Cavalli Liquid Carbon
Cavalli Liquid Crimson
Headphones??? Or not…

I'd love to hear the Crimson if you can bring it!

Jan 7, 2016 at 4:28 PM Post #114 of 237

Possible gear:
Audio-gd Dac-19
Cavalli Liquid Carbon
Cavalli Liquid Crimson
Headphones??? Or not…

I'd love to hear the Crimson if you can bring it!

If I can get away and get there, I'll see if I can bring it along. I've only had it since Tuesday. So far, best amp I've owned.

Jan 8, 2016 at 9:08 PM Post #116 of 237
  @Bill-P Sounds fantastic. We'll enjoy seeing you again. Yeah try to come early and make the most of it this time. 

Also we could really use a photographer for this event. Would you like to do that, Bill? Or would anyone else like to take this on? Well, 1-2 photographers are good.

This is really looking like one of the most unique, epic meets ever!!!

@Sable welcome, I've got you on the list too.

Now on another note, I'm inclined to inform everybody of another rule:
No selling is allowed at this meet. Per the library rules, all events must be open to the public for free, and no selling is to be allowed. I have already discussed this with the two MOTs that will be present, and they will be happy to just set up their table for demoing and mingle with us. Discussing future transactions is OK, but just not selling it during the meet. Thanks everybody 

I'd be happy to bring my camera gear and shoot in between listening sessions. I've shot quite a few events and done some product photography in the past. 

Jan 8, 2016 at 9:53 PM Post #117 of 237
Sounds great, PhotoJ, looks like you've got us covered in the photography dep't. I just thought it would be helpful to have a photo of all the rigs present, to help us remember what's what after the show, and of course the members, provided they want to be photo'ed

Jan 9, 2016 at 8:15 PM Post #118 of 237
Hello all, I know this is a tad off topic but this was just way too good to keep to myself. A review of Hifiman's new electrostats vs. Orpheus 2 vs. HEK vs. SR-009:

http://www.head-fi.org/t/786512/sennheiser-orpheus-successor-the-sennheiser-he1060-hev1060-first-look/1380#post_12228645

Jan 10, 2016 at 1:45 PM Post #119 of 237
Hoping to make it myself. Thanks for organizing.
I plan on bringing:
Grace Design m903
HeadRoom BUDA
Schiit Bifrost with 4490 Board
HE-400i
ATH-R70x
Noontec Zoro II HD

Tentative for now, but once I get my music onto a laptop I should be definite.

Cheers all and hope to see you soon.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back